• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

Nobody has to do anything, and most don't expect him to win it all.

Winning the Superbowl isn't easy, so odds are we don't win it all this year.

Big deal, expectations are low. I feel like you're a year behind.
I know you're doing this supress emotions bit but it's silly for you to say this. Most don't expect Peyton to win it all in what could be his last season in the NFL? Okay.

jbug617

Banned
CYyooFEUsAA5idG.jpg

They need to go back to the old colors now

effzee

Ftfy

If all you do is look at the stats, sure, but truly was some of the luckiest throws I've ever seen. Up there with Hoyer QBing for the Browns. Defenders in the right place and and unable to make the play or tripping over their own dicks and lost their man outright. Back during that season I remember calling it all out and some Eagles fans were on the Foles D, but now they all know. It's easier to see when he's no longer on your team how lucky that season was.

Most Eagles fans saw right through it. I never bought into him or the run. It's why I wanted Vick to start the playoffs game. Gave us the best option to win.

The 27 tds to 2 INTs # is also misleading cause it only includes interceptions and not the fumbles he had.

Still Chip did get the most out of him and Sabchez. More than the Rams or Jets ever did.

Yeah, I guess. It bums me out when people who cover entertainment (sports, video games, movies) are too close to the people they're covering to be objective.

It's sports journalism and he is more an opinion guy then some investigative journalist working to expose the NFL.

Plus he has been plenty critical of the Eagles, Chip, and Reid previously. He just never slams or kills anyone but in his radio spots in Philly he let's loose a little.

Eagles beat writers also reporting that Jaws says in addition to himself, Polian was also helping them land a coach.

Seems more like damage control and PR work. Lurie knows they will take heat for this move so all of a sudden now Jaws and Polian were helping? If they were it sure didn't help considering they lost out on their top 3-4 candidates.

MechDX

Reading some responses to the new rams logo reveal makes me wish McNair could have made Adams return the older oilers history back to Houston.

Most of the older players don't recognize Tennessee anyway and show up for Texans practices and games wearing the Texans colors.Earl Campbell refuses to go into the Titan ring of honor because he was an oiler not a titan but it still would have been nice to keep the history here where it belongs

Godslay

Banned
I know you're doing this supress emotions bit but it's silly for you to say this. Most don't expect Peyton to win it all in what could be his last season in the NFL? Okay.

I'm not trying to suppress anything.

I'm excited for the Broncos as always. I don't have expectations of winning anything. They'll have to earn it.

If you or anyone else expects Manning to win it all given how he's looked this season, then it's that's a problem of perception versus reality.

I believe it's possible for them to win it all of course, but I don't expect them to win it all. There's a difference.

As for Derek Wolfe:

$17.5M in guarantees on his 4-year, $36.7M deal ($9.175M average).

I need the breakdown, but glad he'll be back.

I'm not trying to suppress anything.

I'm excited for the Broncos as always. I don't have expectations of winning anything. They'll have to earn it.

If you or anyone else expects Manning to win it all given how he's looked this season, then it's that's a problem of perception versus reality.

I believe it's possible for them to win it all of course, but I don't expect them to win it all. There's a difference.

As for Derek Wolfe:

$17.5M in guarantees on his 4-year, $36.7M deal ($9.175M average).

I need the breakdown, but glad he'll be back.

So we letting Malik Jackson walk..wipes tears.

Godslay

Banned
Hmm, Peyton Manning isn't the Steelers top priority? They say they'll be focusing on the run? Wonder why they would do such a thing.

So we letting Malik Jackson walk..wipes tears.

Maybe, maybe not.

Wolfe was an easy sign since he wanted to stay in Denver and wanted an extension done.

We'll have to see how it all works out and what the priorities are.

Per Breer

Inglewood mayor James Butts said he wrote NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to express the city's interest in hosting Super Bowl 55.

Safe to say it happens. Every single team that's built a new stadium in the Goodell Era has gotten a Super Bowl. It's a given that trend continues for Los Angeles

Hmm, Peyton Manning isn't the Steelers top priority? They say they'll be focusing on the run? Wonder why they would do such a thing.

Maybe, maybe not.

Wolfe was an easy sign since he wanted to stay in Denver and wanted an extension done.

We'll have to see how it all works out and what the priorities are.

Easy sign? Doesn't seem like a bargain deal especially considering his suspension possibility.
Priorities are the offensive line lol

Is this the STL Rams logo just with the words Los Angeles added? I honestly can't tell but it looks hideous. Maybe they're saving the color change to when they get to the new stadium.
It is. lol

Wonder how much they paid to just put Los Angeles on there.

But yeah I'm expecting new uniforms and the like probably 2017 at the earliest. This just seems like a quick switch until they get things rolling.

Godslay

Banned
Easy sign? Doesn't seem like a bargain deal especially considering his suspension possibility.
Priorities are the offensive line lol

I'll have to see the real numbers. I don't have the contract details. It's an easy sign, because he didn't look to the free market and took less to sign and stay.

I meant their priorities in terms of signing potential free agents.

The OL will be rebuilt with existing pieces, draft choices, and maybe free agents.

Some initial thoughts are that Clady is reworked, fixing the LT position with Ty as backup. Max Garcia becomes LG, Paradis remains C, Vasquez may or may not stay on but cheap to keep or cut, and the real piece that needs replaced is RT.

I've seen that thrown out, and it doesn't sound bad if they can add some depth to it, and get somebody that's even average at RT.

RBH

I'm guessing that it's past the deadline to submit a logo/uniform change to the NFL for the 2016 season, hence why the Rams logo/colors are still the same in the meantime.

I'd expect new jerseys/logo either in 2017 or when the new stadium opens.

I wonder how long the LA honeymoon will last before the fans realize that they are watching the exact same team that has played in STL for the last 4 years. There's some kind of cruel joke here that if Fisher actually does well he'll get an extension.

I'm also curious how they'll handle the QB position. Keenum may actually be the best option for next year...

Also not sure if it was posted but the Rams have confirmed Boras is the OC for next year, aka the guy that got passed over for the guy that got fired 10 weeks in.

jakncoke

Banned
he was drafted by the Cleveland Browns as the first overall selection in the 1954 NFL Draft. The Browns had needed someone to take over for the veteran Otto Graham, but they soon discovered that Garrett had a liability as a quarterback: he stuttered, which made calling plays difficult.[2]

Browns are turrible

Gigglepoo

I'm guessing that it's past the deadline to submit a logo/uniform change to the NFL for the 2016 season, hence why the Rams logo/colors are still the same in the meantime.

I'd expect new jerseys/logo either in 2017 or when the new stadium opens.

Get jersey sales now and then even more when you change the colors in three years. Brilliant!

Top Bottom