• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

Ok Future get me current. Who is Quinn and what about izzo ?

Quinn is the special teams coordinator and izzo was his assistant?

Correct. Izzo is highly regarded in the org. Seen as up and coming. Tom Quinn is the nuclear cockroach that won't die. He's been the Giants ST coordinator for years and it's been far more bad than good. Though credit where it's due - he put together a pretty solid unit this past season.

How many beers in are these two combined by the time they took this picture?

CYzlw5mUAAEWaQi.jpg:large

25? 30?

minx

Pretty sure I pulled over a Gaffer the other night. Said he was coming from a Super Smash Bros Tourneyment. Fess up.

MechDX

Correct. Izzo is highly regarded in the org. Seen as up and coming. Tom Quinn is the nuclear cockroach that won't die. He's been the Giants ST coordinator for years and it's been far more bad than good. Though credit where it's due - he put together a pretty solid unit this past season.

Cool thanks

I liked the guy just because he got a game ball as a player for taking a Shit on the sideline

Syrinx

I guess I shouldn't be surprised by Koetter bringing in Mike Smith as our DC. The two have worked together a lot.

At least he doesn't have to manage clock.

Striker

Dang, wish they were able to keep Izzo.

effzee

So was supposed to start watching How to Make a Murderer tonght but wife passed out while putting our son to bed.

Some random thoughts on Chip/49ers and the Eagles moving forward:

1. For 49ers and Chip's sake, I hope Chip reverts back to the Chip of 13-14 much more than what he was doing on offense this year. I don't know if it was because he massively miscalculated the drop off in Guard/OLINE play or because Bradford was that far from his recovery but Chip was extremely predictable, conventional, and conservative in how he called plays and the overall game.

When he first took I saw some of the most imaginative plays where Lane Johnson (the RT) would line up with the WRs in a bunch formation to one side and Peters (LT) would sometimes do the same on the left. They ran really creative screens and this year barely ran any. Almost always he would run the ball on 3rd and 5 or less. Always caught the D off guard especially with the tempo. Was so much more willing to go for it on 4rth and short regardless of field position, went deep a lot, and randomly went for 2 pt conversions regardless of score.

I mean what's the point of hiring someone who does almost everything differently if he is going to run a very conservative and predictable attack? I think with Kaep most likely the QB, we see Chip get super creative again. In that brief stint with Vick as the starter, I saw a glimpse of his full playbook. Hell he would run off tackle runs with Vick.

Excited to see what he does out in SF. Leads me to thought #2

2. What really did Chip in, besides whatever issues Lurie had with Chip not being nice to Howie or attending holiday parties, is that he made too many moves too fast. I still think it was smart to target a QB and gamble because he know what he had, and more importantly what he didn't have, in Foles. But where he failed is instead of just trading Foles for picks (say a 2nd round pick), he could have gone after a Tyrod Taylor for pennies and actually have gained picks in the draft.

But even with picking up Bradford, the Eagles offense was fielding a new QB, 2 new Guards, 2 new RBs, and counting on a rookie WR to replace Maclin. Now Maclin left on his own through FA and they were forced to draft Agholor to replace him, but the other moves? Can't make so many moves at once.

Pick up Bradford but keep the OLNE together, keep McCoy, and boom you still have a serviceable offense. I think the best lesson Chip will take with him to 49ers is that you can't force that many changes in 1 off season especially when the owner and his lover are looking for excuses to get rid of you.

3. Wild thought on who Doug maybe pulls for his staff especially since the theme seems to be to recreate Reid magic as much as possible. Reid magic, style, offense, or whatever emotional intelligence is/was an extension of GB and what Holmgren accomplished.

Why not lure Favre into coaching? Surely by now he is getting the itch again to be involved somehow and what better way then to come join Doug's staff as QB coach or offensive coordinator?

I really hope with Doug in place, Lurie/Howie/Doug at least look a little outside the building to build up the staff.

Top Bottom