• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

I like Carr more than Tannehill and I don't think Philbin is any worse than whoever you will bring in.
So I guess the quality of an offensive line is just irrelevant or what?

I think Philbin could be an okay HC if the team had some great veteran leadership to hold everything together because it sure as hell isn't going to come from him. Unfortunately Miami is not that place.

So the Dolphins are dysfunctional and Cam Cameron is probably a great head coach in some alternate universe. Well, one out of two isn't bad I guess?

I have made posts in this thread about poor talent evaluation, particularly with the offensive line. I'm not stupid enough to think that the Dolphins roster is full of potential all-pros who were held back by nothing more than Joe Philbin's coaching skills. However, that doesn't mean Philbin is a great HC either.

You make a lot of pointless posts. Funny thing is you post them with an air of cockiness and a smartass attitude that implies you are presenting something novel. Next up from Deacon: Cleveland is a bad landing spot for quarterbacks.

On the contrary; the point of that initial post was to get your back up, and it obviously worked!

eznark

Banned
So I guess the quality of an offensive line is just irrelevant or what?

I think Philbin could be an okay HC if the team had some great veteran leadership to hold everything together because it sure as hell isn't going to come from him. Unfortunately Miami is not that place.

Doesn't seem like Philbin had much roster control given the story you posted, so I don't really understand the offensive line comment.

Guys, I may be wrong but isn't this Kastrioti the same Kastrioti who was trying to exonerate Suh from Stomping, kicking, and smashing people's helmets into the turf just a couple of seasons ago?

bionic77

Mentioning some other dudes injury and trying to measure the impact on a player's head based on "viciousness" is one of the most fucking stupid things I've read on here.
Not even Bungle fans will stick up for Burfict.

He KO'ed someone on the Ravens on a dirty hit literally the week before they played the Steelers.

It sucks that he was allowed on the field after the hit in Baltimore and did the same shit again but it is what it is.

I'm probably in the minority but I didn't think that the hit on Brown was dirty. It's the kind of play that the NFL would have praised (and probably sold officially licensed photographs of) only 10 years ago.

Tom Nook

KC @ NE; Alternate team to cheer for after Niners
GB @ ARI; Hoping for a GB vs KC SB I rematch.
SEA @ CAR; Bye bye Hawks, never nice knowing you.
PIT @ DEN; Payton's last game?

jakncoke

Banned
Guys, I may be wrong but isn't this Kastrioti the same Kastrioti who was trying to exonerate Suh from Stomping, kicking, and smashing people's helmets into the turf just a couple of seasons ago?

Yep and what gots me fucked up the only time ive seen Kas get this defensive and repeat long ass posts is when he defended suh or now and still stafford or lions what dog does he have in the Bengals fight, are we slowly seeing a :squicken move? Am i going to wake up one morning seeing Kas defend the ginger and pimp on Burfict and AJ Green as the greatest players and that all the felonies and charges Pac Man has on his rap sheet is simply misunderstandings

BigAT

Also the same one that's a bigot. Weird how those things all go together?

I'm probably in the minority but I didn't think that the hit on Brown was dirty. It's the kind of play that the NFL would have praised (and probably sold officially licensed photographs of) only 10 years ago.

I agree.

The problem here isn't necessarily the hit as much as the person delivering it. There are players who are known to be dirty around the league who get no leeway when things like this happen. Burfict is number 1 on this list.

Nobody is going after Shazier meanwhile because he doesn't have a history (and because he hit a running back and not a star Wide Receiver, but I digress).

BigAT

CYc4IqjWAAAWy9r.png

"Hello darkness, my old friend..."

Tom Penny

I'm pretty sure that KC is going to try and check down the Pats to death in order to control the clock and limit possessions. Thats the best way to beat them. I just hope their never get off the field playoff D doesnt show up.

harSon

Banned
Considering Pacman Jones said Antonio Brown winked at him as he got up if the hit was so vicious and brutal from Vontaze Burfict, surely there is no way Antonio Brown passes concussion protocol, right?

Lol @ thinking the Steelers medical staff is worth a shit

As long as Brown has a pulse and some brain activity, our joke of a medical staff is going to throw Brown's ass onto the field.

I agree.

The problem here isn't necessarily the hit as much as the person delivering it. There are players who are known to be dirty around the league who get no leeway when things like this happen. Burfict is number 1 on this list.

Nobody is going after Shazier meanwhile because he doesn't have a history (and because he hit a running back and not a star Wide Receiver, but I digress).

That's what I'm thinking too.

Spinluck

That's the most confusing part. Surely he could see the triple coverage, but I don't know... He thinks he can chuck it just tight enough to get through?

I was just making fun of how his decision making got worse this season. But overall, he struggled to put the ball where he wanted to a lot of the season.

But, the Denver game was where he was so on the money. One of the best games I've seen him play given the circumstances. Shame we lost him right after that.

So you're a troll that adds nothing to the conversation.

Well at least we're in agreement now.

Funny that you still can't resist arguing with me.

You're smarter than other plebs that fall for that stuff, and aren't like a pre-ban Dragon who loves to fight, yet I know you can't resist because you think either what i'm saying is true, or that it's a commonly held belief that you disagree with.

Also, it's probably boring talking with Fantomex and Chris all the time since you know they agree with you. Seems I add a lot to the conversation.

bionic77

If this was 15 years ago it was a great defensive play.

In today's NFL it was definitely a dirty play. He had a lot of time to set himself and should have clearly seen that Brown dropped the ball. Even if he didn't he could have easily gone lower than he did.

It was dirty and even more than that it was idiotic as it cost his team the game.

Lol @ thinking the Steelers medical staff is worth a shit

As long as Brown has a pulse and some break activity, our joke of a medical staff is going to throw Brown's ass onto the field.
The Steelers medical staff cannot be real doctors and I wonder who the fuck our "independent" doctor is for concussions because I get the strong feeling he is the biggest homer of all time.

Our version of medicine is asking the player if he thinks he can play. If he says yes then he is healthy enough to play!

BigAT

Our version of medicine is asking the player if he thinks he can play. If he says yes then he is healthy enough to play!

If he says no, well he just suffered a big hit, you can't trust his thought process after head trauma like that. He must be good to play!

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Weird story.

Jones does say to watch the play in slow motion to decide.

ParchedBronzeAntipodesgreenparakeet.gif

Looks like head contact to me.

No, looks like a play going 110 MPH and Burfict leading in with his shoulder at the last second hitting "concussed" Antonio Brown in the head.

He hit him in the head with his shoulder pads not his helmet.

Joey Porter, a former Outside Linebacker, would know the difference.

Mentioning some other dudes injury and trying to measure the impact on a player's head based on "viciousness" is one of the most fucking stupid things I've read on here.

What injury? Are you taking about Rashean Mathis's season ending concussion?

I have no idea what you're taking about Dragon and you have good posts sometimes.

Where am I wrong?

Why was Joey Porter, a seasoned Steelers vet, running onto the field talking trash to Bengals defenders?

Pacman Jones said Antonio Brown winked at him as he got up. Is he lying? I don't, especially factoring the Steelers-Bengals rivalry trash talk, which Porter was involved with long before he became a coach.

Instead of drive by posting, explain why I'm wrong, and why Coach Joey Porter was running onto the field physically and verbally getting involved in an offensive play that had nothing to do with him.

If Antonio Brown plays this weekend:

LOL

Why are you defending the Steelers anyway?

eznark

Banned
Guys Kas played high school football. Who the hell are you to question him?

It is fairly amazing that he has no problem with that hit but considers untying a guys shoes to be attempted murder.

bionic77

I wouldn't mind RG3 as a backup if no one takes him as a starter.

God knows the Steelers need one.

Though considering how brittle he is I guess we would also need a viable 3rd string qb so Landry gets to stick around for at least one more season!

MechDX

I wouldn't mind RG3 as a backup if no one takes him as a starter.

God knows the Steelers need one.

Though considering how brittle he is I guess we would also need a viable 3rd string qb so Landry gets to stick around for at least one more season!

Someone will take him as a starter. It is one the most absolute things in this league,

harSon

Banned
First of all, you're believing Pacman Jones. Second of all, what the fuck do you think a concussion entails? It's not like you go brain dead and all bodily functions cease to work.

Someone will take him as a starter. It is one the most absolute things in this league,

I thought the same thing about Vince Young...

In today's NFL it was definitely a dirty play. He had a lot of time to set himself and should have clearly seen that Brown dropped the ball. Even if he didn't he could have easily gone lower than he did.

It was dirty and even more than that it was idiotic as it cost his team the game.

I still don't think so. Looking at this gif, Brown goes high to catch the ball and gets hit with helmet to helmet contact as he is descending. When Burfict launched, he head was probably lined up with his chest. You can make this type of contact illegal but it's one of those things that you can't label as dirty because players only have a split second to decide how to hit a player. If the moving bodies cause an illegal hit, then so be it.

Edit: just look at the hit in relation to the helmet of #27. When Brown is high, his helmet is at Brown's chest level. When Burfict hits Brown, Burfict is at #27's head level.

jakncoke

Banned

The Steelers medical staff cannot be real doctors and I wonder who the fuck our "independent" doctor is for concussions because I get the strong feeling he is the biggest homer of all time.

I imagine its like that billy bob scene in varsity blues how many fingers are up no you cant ask him that true or false are there any fingers up?

The Steelers might not be healthy enough to put up a challenge against anyone.

We already got our excuse ready!
Bionic plz. Magic got hurt plenty of times and Lakers still manage to win.

Big Ben needs a Roman Reigns type of body gear and he'll be alright. Antonio Brown gonna play too.

Dragon

Banned
What injury? Are you taking about Rashean Mathis's season ending concussion?

The one you mentioned in the post I quoted? Yes.

I have no idea what you're taking about Dragon and you have good posts sometimes.

Where am I wrong?

Most of the time Kas. Most of the time.

Why was Joey Porter, a seasoned Steelers vet, running onto the field talking trash to Bengals defenders?

Because Joey Porter is an asshole coach who was on the field because Antonio Brown got his head smashed in by a shitty Bengal?

Pacman Jones said Antonio Brown winked at him as he got up. Is he lying? I don't, especially factoring the Steelers-Bengals rivalry trash talk, which Porter was involved with long before he became a coach.

Pacman Jones also said he deserved a grammy. He's dumb.

Instead of drive by posting, explain why I'm wrong, and why Coach Joey Porter was running onto the field physically and verbally getting involved in an offensive play that had nothing to do with him.

I've explained why you're wrong. I don't care about Joey Porter, I was referring to the hit and how you don't seem to have a problem with it.

If Antonio Brown plays this weekend:

LOL

What does Antonio Brown playing this weekend have to do with whether or not the hit was worthy of a suspension, given the history of the player involved?

Why are you defending the Steelers anyway?

I'm offended by your blatant stupidity here. I'm not defending the Steelers at all.

Hunter S.

No, looks like a play going 110 MPH and Burfict leading in with his shoulder at the last second hitting "concussed" Antonio Brown in the head.

He hit him in the head with his shoulder pads not his helmet.

Joey Porter, a former Outside Linebacker, would know the difference.

Not saying it is the dirtiest play I have ever seen, but I see a lot of helmet to helmet contact. I do not know if Brown has been concussed before, but it is known that once you get one the next one happens easier. Anyone know if Brown was concussed before?

Either way, it is hard to take the word of a man whose team has just been castrated from the playoffs ruining his long worked for life goals for glory to be much more than anger and frustration.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

It is fairly amazing that he has no problem with that hit but considers untying a guys shoes to be attempted murder.

Headhunting is headhunting but c'mon untying a guy's shoes is despicable and you know it.

What if he trips? What if his shoe comes off in the middle of a play? Or even worse what if he notices it and gets really embarrassed?

Did you even think about those consequences?

I didn't think so.

jakncoke

Banned

Dont forget he nearly was a nfl player if he was 3 inches taller

Top Bottom