• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

I do think the college OT ruleset is superior but it's not really a relevant discussion to have; after all, the NFL's OT rules were the furthest thing from the reason why the Packers lost. Fitzgerald was left completely open, and even in regulation Shields had numerous opportunities to make game-changing interceptions. Packers did themselves in.

Larry is just another monster in postseason play, that catch and run was amazing.

He is one of my favorite players to watch, hell of a football game.

Narag

Dude don't.

Vikings lost to the saints in OT by a single field goal.

Way worse. Reason why they changed the rules.

Good call, this gets back to mistakes in regulation resulting in these final plays. Yeah, they lost by a FG but they were in OT because of the Brett pick. Brett was in position to throw that pick because of the 12 man penalty just prior. Stuff compounds and eventually mistakes have to be accounted for instead of blaming the last play of the game.

MechDX

7e61e19535667b38c98b7f1733e96408.jpg

<3<3<3

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
I mean, thinking about how annoying Squall has been this season, I dunno about the Cards. But, I think they're the least evil.

Ok but basically thats just what happened. Arizona made that look way easier than a fieldgoal so whats your point?

I think that no matter what at least the other team should get the ball to answer back.

Oh so we need to give GB the ball back because they completely blew it on the last play? GB had a chance to make a goal line stand to continue the game and force Arizona to make a FG.

GB had chances to stay in the game, they fucking blew it.

Line_HTX

Ok but basically thats just what happened. Arizona made that look way easier than a fieldgoal so whats your point?

I think that no matter what at least the other team should get the ball to answer back.

If the Packers did stop them and hold them to a field goal, then they would get the ball back.

What is the problem here?

Because Green Bay played shit D. Offense and Defense are two separate units that need to do their job to win. Green Bay's D didn't and that's why they lost in OT. Why do you want to favor the offense so much? You like participation trophies too?

Seriously put a defender within 5 yards of Larry Fitzgerald and maybe that happens.

But thats just BS.
If you give 1 team a chance to score and not the other then that is a heavy disadvantage. I don't see how anyone else doesn't see that and to prove my point why even allow the team to score a fieldgoal then give the other team a chance? By your logic they should just end the game with the feildgaol, no?
Its broken.

No, a field goal and a touchdown are two completely different things. The old field goal rule wasn't good. The new rule is completely fair. Don't give up a touchdown, that's it. You're a playoff team. Don't be shit. In overtime, Green Bay didn't cover the #1 receiver on the field, they gave up a 60+ yard play to the best player on the field. You deserve to lose when you do that.

And, also, why weren't you complaining about this 2 weeks ago when the Jets beat the Patriots on a touchdown in overtime, week 16?

I've heard that enough though - who knows what fuckery lies ahead for next year

another year of prime Aaron down!
True. :(

But I kinda figured that this year would be a hangover from last year. Seasons have a way of carrying over -- strong 2010 SB run into a dominant 2011 start, 2013 rally to win the division into last year's team.

We'll be a contender. Can't really ask for more. I'm resigned to Rodgers not getting more than 2 SBs in his career, because I just don't think McCarthy is a good enough coach for that. But we can get that 2nd one.

Fat4all

Banned

If the defense ain't pulling their weight, then on their heads be it.

B.O.O.M

That was an insane game wow

so basically it ended with

1. Better team winning of the two
2. A-A-ron Rodgers getting to do enough to solidify his status as one of the elite QB ..thanks to a great/insane catch no less

Now let's all hope for a SeaHawks win so we may witness the War of the Birds...fk the cats

Bread

Banned
Ez is watching at a country club where it is very frowned upon to go on your phone at any point also he is drinking and so he doesn't care anyways

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Flicked his thumb too late, raised his fist and flicked his thumb after the coin already left the top of the fist.

It's not impossible, especially for heavier coins.

Also, this OT salt is unbearable.

I was pulling for the cards.

Its possible he fuvked the coin flip... It counced straight up and down which was strange as well... Buuut the fact that this guy is paid to do that job, and he does that?!

Palmer did shit to win that game.

Dude was scared shitless in the last 20 minutes and it is a miracle that he didn't lose it for them.

It seems unfair for him to share in that win.
That is how playoff wins for QBs work. Is your defense kicking ass? Are you lucky? Congrats, you just win football games and are elite clutchmaster.

Flacco should've proved this to everyone!

Top Bottom