• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

His stats really dont reflect well but that is because the Defense has let him down ALOT

just like todays game and last year in Seattle. Dont be deceived by random stats.

I'm not saying he sucks, and I assumed that a good amount of those were from the D letting him down, but it's a really glaring stat about the team imo

Fuck the OT rules. Wish Rodgers got a chance to do something.

Anyway, good game, defintely the best game of the weekend so far.

Already can't wait until next season where we'll habe Jordy back and hopefully Cobb's injury isnt too serious.

Nah. He was great despite being a gimp against Dallas. Was great against SF the year before.

I wish your narrative would catch on, though. Seems like he plays better with a chip on his shoulder.

Ut2bIdI.gif

I wonder if you have the same opinion if this call goes the other way.

Don't see how McCarthy gets blame. Didn't see anything wrong with the gameplan or calls. The execution was lacking and the Cardinals D (until that last prayer) was stingy all game.

Ut2bIdI.gif

Don't see how McCarthy gets blame. Didn't see anything wrong with the gameplan or calls. The execution was lacking and the Cardinals D (until that last prayer) was stingy all game.
Rodgers was on fire, ran out the clock after we got the ball back. I have no doubts he'd have won that game even if Dez had got the TD.

I blame McCarthy in the general sense (because it's impossible to know who specifically to blame). But the defensive late game issues, the o-line depth, these are products of decisions he and his staff make.

^edit: Even as a Cowboys fan I don't think they would have won that game even if it was ruled a catch.

Well, time to play Madden and take Green bay to the Superb Owl!!

or grind legendaries in D3......... decisions.

It's not like it's all bad for GB fans, I mean yeah they lost but who expected Jeff Janis to have that kind of game?

If GB won the toss than he would very possibly been the hero rather than Fitzgerald.

And the Arizona defense literally didn't have to show up in OT for their win.

The rules randomly reward one and not another. It's dumb. Play another quarter or a shortened quarter.

Nobody is being rewarded over anybody else.

I've never seen so many people complain about the over time rule, which is a pretty fair rule. Don't give up a TD. Your defense gives up ~2 TDs on average a game, so look, it's overtime, the most important part of the game, DON'T GIVE UP A TD ON THIS DRIVE. YOur defense does. Game over.

Green Bay left the best player on the field wide open for a 70 yard gain. WHy should there be a safety chute for that? They totally blew their coverage on a play ... why should they be bailed out for that?

Never heard so many people complain about the overtime rule till now. The FG rule, I get that, it was lousy because the rule was made during an age when field goals were much harder so it makes sense to change that rule especially because TOO MANY games ended with a coin toss. But by and large, since the OT rule change a few years ago, most teams who don't blow coverage get a chance at offense. Green Bay blew coverage, they deserved to loose. New England blew coverage against the JEts 3 weeks ago, didn't see anybody calling for a rule change -- and rightfully so. Don't suck.

Jon Arbuckle

Neo Member
Fuck the OT rules. Wish Rodgers got a chance to do something.

Anyway, good game, defintely the best game of the weekend so far.

Already can't wait until next season where we'll habe Jordy back and hopefully Cobb's injury isnt too serious.

This entire season of dropped pass after dropped pass I just kept saying "just wait until Jordy comes back." I'm shocked (and proud) we made it this far with so many injuries but so disappointed it had to end that way.

I've never been a fan of the OT rules. It's almost as bad as the MLS playoff rules, with the away goals BS.

Xeteh

Seriously, my biggest concern from this game is that I hope Randall Cobb doesn't fucking die in the hospital overnight.

Yeah, him spitting up blood on the sidelines was scary. Hope he's alright. They ruled him out pretty fast though.

I can't stress how frustrated I am about how that game ended but man I hope Cobb is okay.

The OT rules are FINE, Y'ALL. You can still possess the ball if your defense is good.

That isn't an argument. You're saying its okay if the coin toss decides the game.

Bread

Banned
Overheard from a friend of minx's

"Fuck Rodgers man. 4th and 20 at his own 5 and they somehow convert. Because of him I lost my bet"
"Oh you bet on the game? How much did you put down?"
"10 bucks"

Smh, acting like it was a huge deal.

Amazing finish, congrats Cardinals fans. Much deserved.

I don't bother checking in as football gaf seems as thin skinned as pop gaf, but as an old life-long steelers... I'm drinking already.

Yeah, him spitting up blood on the sidelines was scary. Hope he's alright. They ruled him out pretty fast though.

I can't stress how frustrated I am about how that game ended but man I hope Cobb is okay.

That isn't an argument. You're saying its okay if the coin toss decides the game.
Nah, don't give up a TD if you want to win. I like sudden death. I don't like when we lose by it (seemingly every playoff loss), but it's the right way to end the game.

College OT is like having a hockey shootout.

Xeteh

Nah, don't give up a TD if you want to win. I like sudden death. I don't like when we lose by it (seemingly every playoff loss), but it's the right way to end the game.

I'm a hockey fan though. The NFL's overtime doesn't sit well with me... never has and never will.

KaYotiX

Banned

Yeah, the OT rules are fine as is. I always hated the old way where a FG will cost you the game.

Like others said, dont let them score a TD and your fine. Just sucks we lost 2 play off games in OT on long passing plays/TDs

Ut2bIdI.gif

This should have been a catch, but it's misleading to not show the whole thing, where the ball bounces into the air after it hits the ground.

Still, should have been a catch, but cutting the video short before the ball bounces out of his hands and into the air is misleading

Rodgers was on fire, ran out the clock after we got the ball back. I have no doubts he'd have won that game even if Dez had got the TD.

I blame McCarthy in the general sense (because it's impossible to know who specifically to blame). But the defensive late game issues, the o-line depth, these are products of decisions he and his staff make.

Packers went 10-6 in an injury depleted season which Packer fans have insisted they gave up on despite having "the best Quarterback in the game".

It's amazing just how bulletproof Rodgers is.

Top Bottom