• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

Sephzilla

As a Packer fan I ain't even really mad at that loss. It was an exciting game and both teams made some big plays. The only things I'm remotely upset about are Shields dropping a likely game winning INT and McCarthy burning a timeout on a pointless challenge.

Hunter S.

Yeah, the OT rules are fine as is. I always hated the old way where a FG will cost you the game.

Exactly it was boring as it was so much easier to get So easy. No real effort for the team with the 1st the first possession. boring.

Today had a great effort by the cards.

kaiju

HAH

munn1.jpg

Packers went 10-6 in an injury depleted season which Packer fans have insisted they gave up on despite having "the best Quarterback in the game".

It's amazing just how bulletproof Rodgers is.
this games doesn't go to overtime if Rodgers doesn't suck dick on the drive before the Hail Mary

but it's ok, it's the defenses fault the best qb in the game can't score 21

Sephzilla

The NFL really should change the overtime rules to be more like colleges rules though. Any scenario where one teams offense doesn't get a shot is dumb as fuck.

As a Packer fan I ain't even really mad at that loss. It was an exciting game and both teams made some big plays. The only things I'm remotely upset about are Shields dropping a likely game winning INT and McCarthy burning a timeout on a pointless challenge.
Seph, wtf bro you never told me you were a pack fan too.

I agree with you.

I'm not mad at all because we would've gotten hoed out in the Superbowl so.

Since the rule change 3 or 4 years ago, the team who wins the OT Coin toss wins 53.8% of the time. That's statistically not significant enough to make any difference.. Make a play. That's it. Just make ONE play.

OR in the Packers case in OT...

Don't suck

Don't leave the #1 offensive player on the field wide open

Exactly it was boring as it was so much easier to get So easy. No real effort for the team with the 1st the first possession. boring.

Today had a great effort by the cards.

You've never watched football.

squicken

Bill Barnwell ‏@billbarnwell
Jeff Janis had 101 receiving yards on the final Packers possession. That has to be a league record, right?

vsxtdkE.jpg

E:

@nfll Mike Evans had 104 yards Week 11, 2014 vs. Redskins.

Sephzilla

Said the Packers fan.

Nah I've felt this way for years. Overtime should be one more full quarter. Sudden death is stupid especially in the offensive oriented modern era. Theres genuinely no post game salt from me about this, I just think sudden death is a dumb idea for this sport.

Seph, wtf bro you never told me you were a pack fan too.

I agree with you.

I'm not mad at all because we would've gotten hoed out in the Superbowl so.

The Packers truthfully got farther than I expected lol.

KaYotiX

Banned
this games doesn't go to overtime if Rodgers doesn't suck dick on the drive before the Hail Mary

but it's ok, it's the defenses fault the best qb in the game can't score 21

Agree but he did a hell of a job with the WRs he had around him....rookies and old man Jones out there. Could of been a fun year if the injuries didnt cripple us.

But whatever, thats a game of IF's i hate playing so good year Packers. Hopefully next year we can get over the hump.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Does anyone have the Larry gif?

No, but I have the Brandon Pettigrew Phantom PI gif ready if Cowboys fans keep bitching about the Calvin Johnson rule being applied to Dez Bryant.

Listening to Packers radio right now (105.7 The Fan) and one of the commentators made the point about how Aaron Rodgers has not had a legit tight end since Jermichael Finley.

Also brought up the point on how Eddie Lacy is fat and if he doesn't get in shape the Packers have to look at RB or TE in the first round.

Oh, and Jordy Nelson's coming not only off of his ACL surgery but also hip surgery which I had no idea. I don't see how he comes back 100% next year.

One caller came in with a hilarious "trade Aaron Rodgers and start Hundley" and was shot down. But one of the hosts said right after, if Aaron Rodgers and Mike McCarthy can't get on the same page you go with your Head Coach.

Meanwhile in Detroit....

635856039827203034-2015-1213-dm-lions-rams0131.jpg

Packers went 10-6 in an injury depleted season which Packer fans have insisted they gave up on despite having "the best Quarterback in the game".

It's amazing just how bulletproof Rodgers is.
Turns out it's a team game?

I mean, you know this, we've seen Ben play like garbage. Doesn't make him a lesser QB. QBs are the front man, if a QB never looks bad it's because his team is always propping him up. A lesser supporting cast can make any QB look like shit.

In the 2015 Packers' case, it was the revolving door at offensive line and WR.

Agree but he did a hell of a job with the WRs he had around him....rookies and old man Jones out there. Could of been a fun year if the injuries didnt cripple us.

But whatever, thats a game of IF's i hate playing so good year Packers. Hopefully next year we can get over the hump.

We're a long way away from the Halcyon days when Rodgers didn't even need receivers..

PopeReal

So are people done saying that tossing up hail Mary passes for grabs are "best passes they ever seen" or is that hyperbole still going on?

The Browns are basically feline aids

See.. Remember what we talked about? I've never said that you should get aids. I wouldn't want you hurt or anything Gata.. I would miss you.

Nah I've felt this way for years. Overtime should be one more full quarter. Sudden death is stupid especially in the offensive oriented modern era.

No it really shouldn't.. The games don't need to go on forever. Packers D needs to not shit the bed in the end.

Nah I've felt this way for years. Overtime should be one more full quarter. Sudden death is stupid especially in the offensive oriented modern era. Theres genuinely no post game salt from me about this, I just think sudden death is a dumb idea for this sport.

The Packers truthfully got farther than I expected lol.

..... But doesn't one full quarter give the receiving team a distinct advantage? I'd wager if we looked at all NFL games in a season, the receiving team at the opening kickoff is ahead more than 53.8% of the time at the end of the first quarter, which is the win % of the receiving team in overtime.

How about if the gaem goes into overtime, they play 4 more quarters. ITS THE ONLY FAIR WAY

..... But doesn't one full quarter give the receiving team a distinct advantage? I'd wager if we looked at all NFL games in a season, the receiving team at the opening kickoff is ahead more than 53.8% of the time at the end of the first quarter, which is the win % of the receiving team in overtime.

How about if the gaem goes into overtime, they play 4 more quarters. ITS THE ONLY FAIR WAY

wrong. as i said earlier, the only fair way in the playoffs is a 7 game series!

squicken

So are people done saying that tossing up hail Mary passes for grabs are "best passes they ever seen" or is that hyperbole still going on?

It's hyperbole but also just the totality of scrambling from pressure and throwing it that accurately and far against his body. Catch was just as impressive, but both dwarfed by stupidity of Cards' defenders

necrosis

after years of the nfc west being brutalized by favre its weird to think that rodgers is 0/5 against nfc west teams in the playoffs

a hail mary is always going to be a combination of a decent throw/catch and bad defense but in the case of this hail mary i mean erron was drifting left with pressure on and puts the ball up there into the endzone giving his receiver a chance to catch it. it's not the greatest throw ever, or even the best erron throw, but it's pretty impressive what he did

This should have been a catch, but it's misleading to not show the whole thing, where the ball bounces into the air after it hits the ground.

Still, should have been a catch, but cutting the video short before the ball bounces out of his hands and into the air is misleading

Can't believe I'm getting into this again, but that doesn't matter. He's a runner and the play is over when his elbow hits the ground.

Sephzilla

The NBA plays one more quarter. MLB plays a full inning. I think people forget the NFL sudden death rule was made in an era where offenses were nowhere near as dynamic.

Top Bottom