• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

Tom Penny

A lot of Chiefs fans are going to be surprised at just how good this Pats defense is. It's being underrated by most in the media right now. They aren't elite, but that front seven can do damage and Butler has had a good season. He's not a shut down/lock down number one corner yet, but he is super competitive and is going to make you generally throw into tight windows. On top of that their best weapon at receiver is most likely going to be out and or limited. Pats aren't an elite defense, but they are pretty solid with some terrific athletes. Pats have some holes on defense, but they are a pretty solid group.

They have giving up way too many chunk yardage plays recently. All that matters is their 3rd down D. Really it's about their asstastic 3rd and long D.

Slo

Went to a car fire at the trailer court last night. It was -14 degrees. Car was totally destroyed. Nothing of value was lost.

Well then, I'm writing Floyd out of my Will.

Love shouldn't come with a price tag Paper.

Evil is never the way friend.

When hope dies, evil thrives.. and let us try and believe in Peyton and Small-Hands.

Let's not make rash decisions.

This isn't rash. I warned every single person weeks in advanced that if this was the scenario that we knew where I was going to land.

Russell better not shit the bed again if it comes down to.

Don't you and TDR look at me like that. Don't you dare. You both should understand blind and somewhat irrational hatred. I can't sit here and do it.. and for the record. I did try when it was week one and I almost made it through the first quarter before my self hatred arose.

Floy is so feisty!!

There are few things I hate in this world Rando...

Pittsburgh is one.

So lynch gonna skip Carolina also? Kinda sucks to see it end like this. I was expecting him to be like Fred next year and let rawls take the workload while he gets a play every so often.

cdyhybrid

So lynch gonna skip Carolina also? Kinda sucks to see it end like this. I was expecting him to be like Fred next year and let rawls take the workload while he gets a play every so often.
He's not coming back unless he willingly takes a huge pay cut. Which means he's not coming back.

Doomsayer

KC and NE D's are very similar statistically. Nearly identical rushing numbers, Pats give up more yards though the air (probably a function of a weaker pass rush, and teams have to throw to catch up). Pats give up about 2 more points per game on average as well.

KC has more sacks, 46 to NE's 38 on the season. KC has 14 FF, NE has 13. Both have 7 Ints.

I think the difference between the two is that their pass rushers are better. Who would you rather face? Jones and Nink or Houston and Hali? Seeing both teams up close, I'd give the edge to KC, but NE is a defense most people don't give a lot of respect to. I think KC has a higher ceiling, but the gulf between the two isn't as massive as one would guess. KC is playing excellent though, so that's all that really matters right now. Pats slumped a bit towards the end.

Didn't Marcus Peters alone have 8 interceptions this year? I think that number is off.

EDIT: KC has 22 Ints and NE has 12.

Respect

It's the lesser of two evils.. Make no mistake.

I'll take it!

breaking-bad-high-five.gif

Yea he's been solid. He's regressed over the last few weeks though, but he has improved his game significantly. Butler though I think has a legit shot at being a shut down guy after watching him all season. He just needs more reps. Wouldn't surprise me at all after another season or two that he becomes a true number one. Although, I do worry quite a bit when it comes to corners for the Pats. Wouldn't be the first time a corner has a really good season for the Pats only to completely regress and not be the same player. Not only that but Brown has really turned it on over the last few weeks. He started off slowly, but that was to be expected for a rookie. Now he is starting to look beastly in the interior of that line. Easley was looking great as well until he got hurt. If Easley could just stay healthy that interior for the Pats next year might be dynamite. Big if though with Easley. He's just so damn explosive off the line though. Shame he couldn't stay healthy this season. The thing I love though about the Pats defense now compared to years past is that they have legit athletes on defense now. Thought that was a big problem before. Now they have multiple guys who are monster athletes.

Butler doesn't lack for confidence, he's improved a lot just through the season. Hoping the pats lock him down in this offseason, could get him at a better price. I have a feeling they will just roll the dice though and hope he has great year and potentially let him walk.

Also Hightower and Collins will be on there final years next year too...hopefully they can keep all 3.

You're right about the interior line. But even without Easley there has been much more interior push overall. Brown, Branch and Hicks have played really well. Siligia is decent ever since he arrived, but he is in there to stop the run, not rush the passer.

Was sad to see Vince go, but that was definitely the right move.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Every time a defensive coach goes onto the field to talk shit, they should go immediately to prison.

And as an added bonus, it validates any questionable hits by the opposing team prior to that because nothing is worse than a coach talking shit.

Also validates any player flying off the handle and trying to hit the coach.

Line_HTX

It's at a point all I really hope to see in the playoffs are good games. This season was terrible to watch.

Tell me about it. With the new rules and inconsistent calls and all of the injuries, it feels like this has been the worst season in the big picture.

Tom Penny

For the game, Hoyer’s passer rating was just 15.9, which when you consider just throwing the ball into the turf every play gives you a passer rating of 39.6, shows you how truly self-destructive he was with the football.

Jordan.gif

TheFatOne

KC and NE D's are very similar statistically. Nearly identical rushing numbers, Pats give up more yards though the air (probably a function of a weaker pass rush, and teams have to throw to catch up). Pats give up about 2 more points per game on average as well.

KC has more sacks, 46 to NE's 38 on the season. KC has 14 FF, NE has 13. Both have 7 Ints.

I think the difference between the two is that their pass rushers are better. Who would you rather face? Jones and Nink or Houston and Hali? Seeing both teams up close, I'd give the edge to KC, but NE is a defense most people don't give a lot of respect to. I think KC has a higher ceiling, but the gulf between the two isn't as massive as one would guess. KC is playing excellent though, so that's all that really matters right now. Pats slumped a bit towards the end.
Agreed. KC has a much better higher end talent pass rushers.One xfactor for the Pats though is Sheard. He was outplaying Jones early then got hurt. He has rounded into form, and has been playing excellent. I would much rather play Sheard over Ninkovich, but Bill loves him. Ninkovich is pure ass. Can't set the edge, or rush the passer consistently. Guy is embarrassing to watch at times. Sheard on the other hand can set the edge, and rush the passer. Pats are a couple more pieces away from being elite on defense. Need more corners though. I would pick on the number three and four corners for the Pats all day. Pats also haven't had all their players healthy on defense, and if I remember correctly this week will be the first week since they played Dallas that all the starters on defense will be playing together.

You should not go around idolizing lawyers.

If I threw a bag of money at Bionic right now he'd help me lock you up.

Also, fuck you for taking the Pats in that situation.

One day, I hope to be half as good a person like Bionic.. I tolerate the flaws like with Thomas Jefferson being a rapist or FDR and Japanese Internment

Also I can't help that the AFC East is incapable of not shitting itself and keep the Pats out or at least in the Wild Card.. That's not my fault.

I hate the Steelers, but right now, anyone but the Pats can win and that's good enough.

Et tu Larry? Et tu?

Don't you and TDR look at me like that. Don't you dare. You both should understand blind and somewhat irrational hatred. I can't sit here and do it.. and for the record. I did try when it was week one and I almost made it through the first quarter before my self hatred arose.

Look I know that Bills, Jets and Dolphin fans have it easier since we already hate on the pats regardless of how evil they are. But right now, they are the ultimate evil, evil incarnate if you will, to root for them in any capacity is to surrender your soul to the dark one and to doom humanity. Blarry understands that there are sometimes where you have to put your hatred for others aside and join the cause of light and all that is good against the evil that are the pats. It's the only way to save your soul friend and we all want you with us when the football gods finally answer our prayers, banish evil from the land and take us to football heaven....you want to go with us right floyd....? Right??

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Every time a defensive coach goes onto the field to talk shit, they should go immediately to prison.

And as an added bonus, it validates any questionable hits by the opposing team prior to that because nothing is worse than a coach talking shit.

Also validates any player flying off the handle and trying to hit the coach.

I knew I could count on you, wienkimu.

giphy.gif

Respect

Look I know that Bills, Jets and Dolphin fans have it easier since we already hate on the pats regardless of how evil they are. But right now, they are the ultimate evil, evil incarnate if you will, to root for them in any capacity is to surrender your soul to the dark one and to doom humanity. Blarry understands that there are sometimes where you have to put your hatred for others aside and join the cause of light and all that is good against the evil that are the pats. It's the only way to save your soul friend and we all want you with us when the football gods finally answer our prayers, banish evil from the land and take us to football heaven....you want to go with us right floyd....? Right??

Belicheck-Hate.jpg

TheFatOne

They have giving up way too many chunk yardage plays recently. All that matters is their 3rd down D. Really it's about their asstastic 3rd and long D.

This is a good point. Pats have to clean that up.

I'll take it!

breaking-bad-high-five.gif

Butler doesn't lack for confidence, he's improved a lot just through the season. Hoping the pats lock him down in this offseason, could get him at a better price. I have a feeling they will just roll the dice though and hope he has great year and potentially let him walk.

Also Hightower and Collins will be on there final years next year too...hopefully they can keep all 3.

You're right about the interior line. But even without Easley there has been much more interior push overall. Brown, Branch and Hicks have played really well. Siligia is decent ever since he arrived, but he is in there to stop the run, not rush the passer.

Was sad to see Vince go, but that was definitely the right move.
His improvement over the season is why I'm high on Butler. It seems like the more snaps he sees the better he gets. I'm really excited about the interior dline moving forward. Hicks has been very good over the last two or three games. Really good acquisition for the Pats this year. I think the Pats are going to find a way to keep Hightower,Collins, and Jones. If they don't I think Jones is the odd man out. I really like Jones, but Hightower and Collins are special players. Can't give either of those guys up.

Top Bottom