• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

squicken

The Packers offense would be pretty insane with Bill. The man doesn't get enough credit for the offense he has constructed. He's known as a defensive genius, but guy is a genius on both sides of the ball.

For sure. And I don't think Reid or Tomlin or McCarthey should be fired. Just noting lots of guys screw up in the playoffs. BB is the lone master, and even he has gaffes

I do think people get that he is involved in the offense. People chalk up McD not getting jobs to his time in Denver, but I think the shine is off these NE guys. They are always rumored as hot candidates for GM/HC jobs but always "choose to stay". O'Brien had to leave for college to get a shot at an NFL job to prove he could do it w/o Belichick

Kusagari

I understand the calls on a surface level. The Cards were the overwhelming favorite, played like shit all game and the Packers still needed a miracle drive to get in that position to begin with. At some point you've got to think if it's worth giving that team another quarter to get it together.

But if McCarthy went for it and they didn't get it, these same people would be crucifying him.

CalmInfiniteKiskadee.gif

The stiff-arm on #42. Fitz didn't even look at him. Is that even possible?

squicken

Or it could turn into soccer where both teams are happy with a tie and stop trying

Jeff Fisher and John Fox would probably go 4-4-8 every year, so that is a fair criticism. But I am old enough to remember ties in college and it was pretty rare that it happened. I just feel that overtime in the NFL is too much luck based to decide what has been a hard fought, evenly matched 60 minutes prior

Jeff Fisher and John Fox would probably go 4-4-8 every year, so that is a fair criticism. But I am old enough to remember ties in college and it was pretty rare that it happened. I just feel that overtime in the NFL is too much luck based to decide what has been a hard fought, evenly matched 60 minutes prior
How do you think soccer feels? Penalty shootouts are exciting but miles worse than NFL OT when it comes to being representative of the previous 90 minutes.

jeffram

People think this shit is madden. Sure fuck it go for 2!
As someone who purchased madden again for the first time in something like 10 years, I can't believe the fuckball in madden online.... Very first match I had my opponent to 4 and 28 on their own 2 and they ran a fake punt pass and scored a TD because I didn't think to run the fake punt defence....

First and last time I played online

Going complete radio silence during the game today. Good luck my Seattle boys. Good luck to you other crazy people not from my state who are rooting for my team. And good luck Panthers fans. Let's have a great match.

Go Hawks.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Wow quite some fuckery in here last night.

Playoffs are the worst they're nothing but trash.

I love the playoffs

Jak is gone, banned for 2 weeks. He's taking the time to train his sith powers

This could be a good thing.. Today might break Jak and we need him back.

It's not always a good thing apparently

It's the thought that counts Wienke.

What the NFL should do is abolish OT entirely.

Allow ties in the regular season, which will give us even more opportunities to call coaches cowardly as they decide to kick the PAT/FG instead of going for two/TD at the end of games.

In the playoffs, a tied game goes to a shootout where both kickers take kicks starting from the 10 yard line and if both kicks are successful then the ball is moved back five yards. Keep going further and further back until a kick is missed or blocked.

This works on three levels:

• The tension would be unbearable and it makes for great TV
  • Everyone loves to shit on kickers
  • It would piss off pretty much every journalist, football pundit, ex-player and football fan in the world, which would be hilarious
So you hate Kroenke that much, you would take it out on the rest of us.. Damn.

Man people bitching about OT rules. Cards D shit the bed on 2 hail marys for Packers to even see OT. Packers D shit the bed in OT deal with it.

I feel much better after this game than I did after last years' game. I am at peace and hold no ill will towards the Cards unlike the filthy scummy cheating Seahawks.

Anyone blaming McCarthy is totally clueless. I couldnt believe that ESPN article came from Barnwell. It really reads like a high school kid's report in the way he crafts his arguments. Never realized how shitty of a writer he was.

In my opinion the game was lost when the Packers D failed to capitalize on all of the gimme turnovers Palmer was throwing . The throw to front right corner of the end zone that Shields had in two hands late in the 4th quarter particularly stings. For a group that played so well they really missed on some key plays that wouldve changed the game. In OT, Larry Fitz just clearly wanted it more than anyone else on the field. It was bad enough to leave him wide open, but the inexcusable part was not being able to get him down. Some of the angles taken on the tackle attempts...yeesh. I'm pretty confident they wouldve been able to hold them to a FG and at least give Rodgers a chance had any of the 4 or 5 players that were near him made the tackle.

I have a hard time faulting the defense too much because I'd hate to be associated with the insane mouth breathing "Fire Capers" crusaders who blame the D for everything. They played a really great game just as they have almost all year, and Capers had an absolutely stellar gameplan. Just a handful of miscues ended up being the difference. Of course you could say the same for the offense, but at this point in the season as sad as it is I come to expect that from them. Just a shame that the D had to be the ones to let them down this game.

BigAT

Man people bitching about OT rules. Cards D shit the bed on 2 hail marys for Packers to even see OT. Packers D shit the bed in OT deal with it.

What does the Cardinals inability to play defense in important moments of regulation have to do with the overtime rules? If anything it makes the case against them stronger.

Crisco

Banned
The NFL's OT format is fine and i think implementing college rules would be dumb. Especially with the new FG rules, if your defense can't stop a team from going 80 yards on the first possession, then you earned the L.

Boban is now a Cardinals fan. Congrats Cards-GAF

I want the Cards to get to the Owl and the game to end in a tie because every player gets hurt one by one until Fitzgerald is the only one left standing on either roster and football gets cancelled forever due to the backlash over how dangerous it is.

If I don't have football then nobody can enjoy it.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I wouldn't mind seeing OT change to allow each team a possession even with a Touchdown. But it was what it was last night. Defense leaves a guy totally open and blows it.

BigAT

The NFL's OT format is fine and i think implementing college rules would be dumb. Especially with the new FG rules, if your defense can't stop a team from going 80 yards on the first possession, then you earned the L.

And if Arizona's defense also wouldn't have been able to stop Green Bay?

Top Bottom