• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

It was snowing two hours ago

CY77B_GU0AADasG.jpg:large

That's what dink and dunk and underneath rubs
i.e., pass interference
will do for you. Now tell me what Brady's percentage is on throws beyond 20 yards.

There's no doubt the Pats' offense is a well-oiled machine. They're methodic. They'll wear down defenses with all the underneath crap. Brady only has to be accurate between 1 and 10 yards out.

It's also boring as fuck to watch. It's like watching the gears of a clock tick. I'd rather see the mad scrambling, take shots downfield on almost every drive kind of offense, but those are getting rarer in the NFL.
It's not boring at all. It's like watching an artist work.

ampere

The better team won and you're crazy if you think McCarthy wouldn't have been roasted for going for two.

You pretty much have to go for the tie there since it's a gimme, but in terms of win probability I wonder if it would have been better to go for two. Obviously it's easy to say "yes" if you know the Cards win the toss, but hindsight ofc

Tom Penny

i.e., pass interference
will do for you. Now tell me what Brady's percentage is on throws beyond 20 yards.

There's no doubt the Pats' offense is a well-oiled machine. They're methodic. They'll wear down defenses with all the underneath crap. Brady only has to be accurate between 1 and 10 yards out.

It's also boring as fuck to watch. It's like watching the gears of a clock tick. I'd rather see the mad scrambling, take shots downfield on almost every drive kind of offense, but those are getting rarer in the NFL.

Cool. I like seeing them score points and they do that with the best of them year in and year out. Imagine if every team just ran their offense and scored 25+ a game. I guess there are just a ton of dumb coaches..or maybe there is just one Brady.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
You pretty much have to go for the tie there since it's a gimme, but in terms of win probability I wonder if it would have been better to go for two. Obviously it's easy to say "yes" if you know the Cards win the toss, but hindsight ofc

So if the Packers go for it and don't convert, we're all talking about how they should have gone to overtime, maybe win the coin toss, and then take a more measured approach at scoring a touchdown...OR their really good defense makes a stop if they lose the toss.

Either way we're playing the hindsight game and it's bullshit.

Defense shit the bed on that Fitzgerald play and then laid down at 1st and goal. Simple as that.

TheFatOne

i.e., pass interference

Going to disagree. Not as easy as you make it out. Beating teams 5-6 yards at a time is hard as fuck. Pats just make it look easy because Brady is pretty damn insane presnap. Not much you can throw at him now that's going to confuse him. You can still do it, but it's much much harder now. The deep passing game is hard to sustain come playoff time. Weather, better teams, the officials letting players play and calling less penalties all work against those offenses.

Didn't Pats fans call the Manning dink and dunk offense with the Colts boring for so many years?

I don't remember many calling it boring, but I do remember people saying it was overrated. Was in high school at the time so might be different for the older guys.

Jarate

Banned
I think the rules should be you start at the 50 and go from there

Gotta feel bad for Rodgers, didn't get anotger chance

Last nights game should show you the gulf between Rodgers and Palmer though. Imagine Rodgers with Fitz

Beach

i.e., pass interference

I could be wrong but aren't the Steelers notoriously one of the teams that do the illegal rubs the most? Every team in the league does it since the league has no care of enforcing it fairly.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Rodgers played a better game than Palmer but it wasn't an inspired performance for the ages or anything. The Hail Mary was a fluke as fuck play (by design).

Still an overall mediocre game from our offense (which is a big improvement from most of this year!)

Rodgers played a better game than Palmer but it wasn't an inspired performance for the ages or anything. The Hail Mary was a fluke as fuck play (by design).

Still an overall mediocre game from our offense (which is a big improvement from most of this year!)

I never give credit for a hail mary to the QB cause of how random and fluky it is. I usually give more credit to the player who catches it.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
The throw on the Hail Mary was fucking great and just shows how strong Rodgers arm is, throwing off his back foot with a guy right in his face. The 4th and 20 throw was insane too. Janis came up huge on that drive. You can bet your ass he's earned Rodgers trust now.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
The throw on the Hail Mary was fucking great and just shows how strong Rodgers are is, throwing off his back foot with a guy right in his face. The 4th and 20 throw was insane too. Janis came up huge on that drive. You can bet your ass he's earned Rodgers trust now.

Oh it's always amazing to see his cannon arm on display...not taking away from that. He threw several deep passes yesterday, like the one to Cobb, that were incredible.

Yeah glad Janis finally became what people hoped he would be. Packer fans have been calling for more Janis for months now ever since Adams started stinking up the place.

What's crazy is that last three time Green Bay got eliminated, it was by three different NFC West teams. Maybe the Rams can make it and eliminate them next year.

STEWART.jpg

I hope Panthers #28 and # 1 each get 100 yards today. I think we will need to spread the love around on this Seahawks defense. I think Seattle's thirsty for a payback game with the Patriots. The running game needs to be big today. Let's go Carolina.

jbug617

Banned
About the coin toss.
http://espn.go.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0480416733283225848-4
Kevin Seifert
NFL Nation
The NFL confirmed this morning that its rules do not require a coin to actually flip during the coin toss. But it said referee Clete Blakeman made a judgment call out of fairness Saturday night in overtime at University of Phoenix Stadium. The league's statement: "There is nothing in the rule book that specifies this. But the referee used his judgment to determine that basic fairness dictated that the coin should flip for the toss to be valid. That is why he re-tossed the coin."

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
The term is life longs I thought

In academia these are two distinct things. "Bandwagoners" or fanus noballes, are people who start following a sport and pick a team from among the most successful. "Lifelongs" or invisibilius noshowums are more closely related to fairweather fans. But lifelongers are the ones during the season who say not a word about the sport, but should their team get to the playoffs, will show up in a jersey 3 generations too old, talking about how "they've been a fan since Crappy Player was at the helm.

It's a subtle, but important distinction.

Top Bottom