• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
You realize Shazier was dancing after knocking out Bernard right? And that Porter was on the field solely to incite a brawl. And that James Harrison is one of the dirtiest players of the modern era?

Shazier was running to the endzone. Did you watch the game, kas?

eznark

Banned
I think it's a little baffling that people don't think Munchak should be suspended. Would any of us think that any player in the league shouldn't be suspended if they chucked a coach? The fact that he is old and frail and unable to do any actual damage really shouldn't make much of a difference. Same thing with these head to head hits. It shouldn't matter the position or if the guy is injured. We should judge the act not the outcome.

Shazier was running to the endzone. Did you watch the game, kas?
NBC showed him dancing on the sideline. There's a gif.

JABEE

shazier was only celebrating the turnover! how could he know that someone was seriously injured??? it's not like the guy he hit was down on the field for like 10 mins!
To be fair, Shazier suffered a concussion from that impact that changed his disposition. This is all the NFL's fault.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I think it's a little baffling that people don't think Munchak should be suspended. Would any of us think that any player in the league shouldn't be suspended if they chucked a coach? The fact that he is old and frail and unable to do any actual damage really shouldn't make much of a difference. Same thing with these head to head hits. It shouldn't matter the position or if the guy is injured. We should judge the act not the outcome.

He's not frail though. Munchak may be old, but he's a football player and an offensive lineman coach at that.

You don't fuck with offensive line coaches.

Mike Munchak is a 9 time Pro Bowler and even at 60 the guy can brawl I guarantee you that.

Old man strength

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
NBC showed him dancing on the sideline. There's a gif.

After the review determining a fumble. You want to see someone dance after an injury? Look up what Burfict did when he took out Le'Veon Bell for the season.

You salty Gutter Cat fans are the second worst.

eznark

Banned
please look at this objectively ez stop being ridiculous

I've been saying these idiots need to be ejected since Merriweather made it "his move" in 2010.

The NFL really needs to adopt the (abysmally enforced) targeting rule the NCAA uses. Have New York make the call on the ejections to ensure they are a bit more uniform. You eject these clowns and retaliation becomes less of a focus as the object of immediate hatred is no longer there fueling it.

bionic77

Munchak shouldn't be suspended.

If you want to suspend someone suspend Tomlin and Marv. They let that game happen.

Burfict deserved a suspension for an incredibly dirty season but the bulk of the punishment should be for the coaches.

Bread

Banned
Gh4a9VO.png

we have been tricked

eznark

Banned

harSon

Banned
Jesus people are seeing what they want to see. Shazier cheered on the sideline after the Steelers won a challenge and were awarded a fumble recovery. Don't make up shit to support your half added arguments.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
https://vine.co/v/ihl7uPF2vWP

It wasn't even on the sideline, dude was doing it in the middle of the field while Bernard is still down.

Pls look at this objectively.

If he's celebrating the injury, then he's a scumbag. Period.

Seeing as he has the ball in his hands and that he isn't exactly known for his behavioral outbursts, I'll choose to see it as a delayed td celebration. :p

e - You people might also want to note how many coaches from both teams are out on the field.

bionic77

I've been saying these idiots need to be ejected since Merriweather made it "his move" in 2010.

The NFL really needs to adopt the (abysmally enforced) targeting rule the NCAA uses. Have New York make the call on the ejections to ensure they are a bit more uniform. You eject these clowns and retaliation becomes less of a focus as the object of immediate hatred is no longer there fueling it.
I agree with this. I don't know if I agree with ejections in every game, it would have to be up to the refs. But last night needed ejections early to calm them down. Maybe on two special team scrubs on the first play to send a message.

Honestly half of both teams should have been ejected last night.

It was a bullshit game.

Salaadin

https://vine.co/v/ihl7uPF2vWP

It wasn't even on the sideline, dude was doing it in the middle of the field while Bernard is still down.

Pls look at this objectively.
Pointless to even post this because we all will only see what we want to believe but that vine you posted is him celebrating after the fumble on his dirty hit where he picked up the ball, ran down, and scored a TD. He was flagged for excessive celebration here.

He again celebrated on the side lines after the play was reviewed and the fumble was confirmed.

The hit was dirty. Shaz should be fined. But he was not celebrating an injured player.

Doomsayer

I can definitely see the NFL adapt a "targeting" rule a la the NCAA. 15 yard penalty and an ejection from the game for hits to the head.

eznark

Banned
I agree with this. I don't know if I agree with ejections in every game, it would have to be up to the refs. But last night needed ejections early to calm them down. Maybe on two special team scrubs on the first play to send a message.

Honestly half of both teams should have been ejected last night.

It was a bullshit game.

Making it up to the refs is the exact wrong thing to do. This shit needs to be called uniformly, and having 10 different crew of incompetent fucktards misapplying their own rules has created half of this confusion among fans, players, coaches and the league itself.

So I'm new to NFLGaf.

You don't just get to join NFL-GAF. First you must take the entrance exam.

#1. What are your opinions of Animus?
#2. On what days do you like Tacos?
#3. On what days do you feel you are must disrespectful?
#4. What are your feelings on the Patriots?
#5. What is your favorite team?
#6. What is your least favorite team?
#7. What do you like on Pizza, and what is unacceptable?
#8. What do you like on Hot Dogs, and what is unacceptable?
#9. What are your thoughts on Olivia Munn
#10. What are your thoughts on Milana Vayntrub?
#11. What are your thoughts on Soccer?
#12. What are your thoughts on IKEA furniture?

Bread

Banned
Yeah he "ran down the field and scored a touchdown" the play was whistled dead literally a second after he got up with the ball let's not act like they called it back on review. He was dancing at least 2 separate occasions that we saw on camera WHILE Gio was on the ground.

Top Bottom