• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

eznark

Banned
Yeah he "ran down the field and scored a touchdown" the play was whistled dead literally a second after he got up with the ball let's not act like they called it back on review. He was dancing at least 2 separate occasions that we saw on camera WHILE Gio was on the ground.

I mean, they showed him dancing on the broadcast. You really shouldn't need a video, we all watched the game....unless you watched it at a dozen bars in Denver while stoned on strawberry cheesecake weed chocolate.

Key2001

You realize Shazier was dancing after knocking out Bernard right? And that Porter was on the field solely to incite a brawl. And that James Harrison is one of the dirtiest players of the modern era?

https://www.nfl.com/now/10103061-7033-0000-0062-0101755876b0?campaign=social-share

From the above video starting at 4:30 the "brawl" with Porter appears to have been started due to a Bengal player inadvertently swatting his headset; which was stopped almost immediately by a ref then another Bengal player intentional shoves him from the back.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Am I a closet Steelers fan? It's weird to feel like I'm on the opposite side of ez when we're talking about on the field fuckery.

Totally on board with Brandon Merriweather being a total scumbag out there trying to hurt people. He totally embraced the whole "hit not tackle" thing that was running rampant in secondaries everywhere.

bionic77

Making it up to the refs is the exact wrong thing to do. This shit needs to be called uniformly, and having 10 different crew of incompetent fucktards misapplying their own rules has created half of this confusion among fans, players, coaches and the league itself.
Do you have faith in the NFL to make a well written rule on this issue?

We don't even know what a catch is. How the fuck are they going to explain a dirty hit?

eznark

Banned
No, but I have more faith in the "league office" being somewhat more consistent on these calls than a dozen different people working part time jobs.

https://www.nfl.com/now/10103061-7033-0000-0062-0101755876b0?campaign=social-share

From the above video starting at 4:30 the "brawl" with Porter appears to have been started due to a Bengal player inadvertently swatting his headset; which was stopped almost immediately by a ref then another Bengal player intentional shoves him from the back.

He went on the field expressly to start an altercation (I used brawl only to mirror my good friend harSon) and it worked.

Bread

Banned
I mean, they showed him dancing on the broadcast. You really shouldn't need a video, we all watched the game....unless you watched it at a dozen bars in Denver while stoned on strawberry cheesecake weed chocolate.
But somehow you are the one that is accused of not watching lmao

Key2001

No, but I have more faith in the "league office" being somewhat more consistent on these calls than a dozen different people working part time jobs.

He went on the field expressly to start an altercation (I used brawl only to mirror my good friend harSon) and it worked.

That is not what appears to happen in the video that shows the start of the altercation.

RBH

On the brink of a vote that could return the NFL to Los Angeles, a consensus is building within the league for the St. Louis Rams and San Diego Chargers to share a stadium in Inglewood.

Multiple league officials and owners not involved with the Inglewood project, or the competing proposal in Carson, say there is momentum to pair the two franchises in what one owner describes as a "transformational" project backed by the Rams.

It would mean striking a bargain that keeps the Raiders out of L.A. but doesn't leave them empty-handed. Such a maneuver could mean that the Raiders return to Oakland in the short term, but can explore relocating to other cities, among them San Diego, St. Louis or joining the San Francisco 49ers in their new stadium in Santa Clara.

According to the relocation application that the Rams submitted to the league last week, the stadium would be ready for the 2019 season.

Though the L.A. Memorial Coliseum has expressed a willingness to temporarily host one NFL team starting next season, it's unclear where a second team would play. USC's lease to operate the Coliseum would need to be amended to allow two NFL teams.

Last summer, the Rose Bowl Bowl Operating Co. declined to respond to the NFL's request for a proposal to temporarily host a team.

League officials, who have also looked at Angel Stadium in Anaheim, Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles and StubHub Center in Carson, say they aren't concerned about finding temporary homes for two L.A. teams.
http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-la-relocation-20160112-story.html

Ciara had me sweatin.

Also
untitled-8zfrmm.gif

Am I a closet Steelers fan? It's weird to feel like I'm on the opposite side of ez when we're talking about on the field fuckery.

Totally on board with Brandon Merriweather being a total scumbag out there trying to hurt people. He totally embraced the whole "hit not tackle" thing that was running rampant in secondaries everywhere.
No, ez happens to be much more defensive of the Bungals than he is of the Pack.

Shazier deserved a penalty for spearing a dude in the face, and the refs lost control of the game -- really, the league lost control of the game. If you couldn't see something like this coming after how the Carolina/NYG game was handled, I don't know what to say. The NFL has a problem here.

But if you want to talk about coaches escalating, the single most egregious act didn't involve trash talk. Tomlin's challenge to get the fumble on the Shazier play pushed the Bengals over the edge. Should he have not thrown it to keep the game under control? Is that his job? Seems to me, no. his job is to try to win the game.

Top Bottom