• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

TheFatOne

Yeah lots of debate over this.

Do you sink or swim with PM?

Or pull the plug if he is shitting the bed?

Hard to say. I hope he pulls the plug if it comes down to that as Brock is good enough and I'd hate to waste what the defense has done.

But who knows?

If he has a single turnover early or just looks plain bad Kubiak has to pull the plug. The second he throws an interception he's gone unless it's late in the second half. That's how I would approach it. Manning was the worst qb in the NFL when he was playing earlier this year. His experience and past gave him this opportunity, but he should be on a very short leash.

Washington is not a Wild-Card-to-Super-Bowl team so I'm not that mad but, Jesus Christ, do we understand the concept of throwing the deep ball to the best deep threat in the league? Why the FUCK are we throwing in the flat and screens to Desean Jackson?

Here's how it works: he runs straight down and you throw him the ball. Like, straight down the fucking field. Why is this so hard to grasp?

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Alex Marvez Verified account
‏@alexmarvez

Source tells @NFLonFOX that Rob Ryan is joining @buffalobills defensive coaching staff working under/with his twin brother Rex.

#Pray4LJ

Line_HTX

I love the playoffs, you finally get to hear from Seahawks fans again.

Exactly. They are reveling in how fucking lucky they always are. They'll probably get lucky again on Cam and dab on him too.

Sucks to see Hoyer is out for the Pats/Chiefs game.

That's a major blow for the Chiefs chances.

George, please stop Ben's luck and pulverize them to make sure they don't kuck out again.

MechDX

Continuing from the other thread: don't feel the Texans will go for Bradford. He will want guaranteed money, and lots of it, and don't see them doing that.

RG3? Maybe. Depends on what he wants.

Johnny? in your fucked up dreams. They won't touch him

Jerm411

Gonna be tough for Maclin to play, sucks...big loss. Conley gonna have to step up big time.

Have a lot of confidence in the front 7 getting pressure on Brady...should be a great game.

We are all Chiefs.

chefs.png

Godslay

Banned
If he has a single turnover early or just looks plain bad Kubiak has to pull the plug. The second he throws an interception he's gone unless it's late in the second half. That's how I would approach it. Manning was the worst qb in the NFL when he was playing earlier this year. His experience and past gave him this opportunity, but he should be on a very short leash.

Depends on the situation.

He almost needs to sit if you see his balls losing steam.

We are all Chiefs.

We've got both of them trapped in the same stadium at the same time.

Need to burn that shit down like in Braveheart.

Quikies83

So glad Maclin doesn't have to go through knee surgery again. High ankle sprains are tricky though so I don't expect us to have him for the remainder of this run.
Still in shock the playoff curse is broken. I'm happy no matter what happens on Saturday in Foxboro.
But I suspect the defense wants Brady blood.

RBH

Thursday-Night-Football-Official-Logo-e1399652901299.jpg

Fox Sports has emerged as the top rival to CBS (CBS) in the bidding for the broadcast rights to National Football League games on Thursday nights, submitting a "stiff" bid in an effort to keep CBS from extending its two-year agreement for the nation's most popular sport, according to two people with knowledge of the bid.

The NFL is collecting bids from TV and Internet companies for what is believed to be a one-year agreement to broadcast eight of the 16 Thursday night games. The bidding is expected to substantially exceed the estimated $300 million that CBS currently pays for the telecasts, though the size of Fox's bid wasn't immediately clear.

A spokesman for Fox, a unit of Rupert Murdoch's 21st Century Fox (FOX - Get Report) would confirm only that the company has responded to the Request for Proposal that the league circulated to potential bidders in mid-December. The league's FRP also allows for the winning bidder to produce the remaining eight games for the league-owned NFL Network.

The NFL outlined a one-year deal with another year at the league's option, and also outlined a separate request for proposals to simulcast the games online. Proposals were sent to CBS, ESPN, Fox, NBC and Turner, according to Sports Business Daily , as well as to Alphabet's (GOOG) Google, Yahoo (YHOO - Get Report) , Apple (AAPL - Get Report) and Amazon (AMZN - Get Report) . A decision is expected by the Feb. 7 Super Bowl.

The Thursday night games have been a boon to CBS, which is in the second year of its agreement with the league for the mid-week games. CBS, the country's most-watched network, averaged 13 million viewers for the Thursday games, a 6% increase over 2014, the company said recently. Each of the games were ranked as the top-rated shows of those nights, providing CBS an enviable platform from which to publicize other parts of its schedule.

Fox ranks fourth in the current TV season, averaging 5.9 million viewers, according to Nielson Media Research, compared to the 11 million average for CBS. Fox ranks third among viewers aged 18 to 49-years-old, the demographic that advertisers most want to reach.

"We hope we continue with Thursday night," CBS CEO Leslie Moonves said in response to a question at the UBS Global Media and Communications Conference on Dec. 7. "We won't pay something stupid for it, but hopefully it doesn't come to that." A CBS spokesman had no further comment.

ABC is said to be looking at making a bid, but has yet to do so. The network is a unit of Walt Disney (DIS - Get Report) , whose ESPN cable channel has a long-term agreement to broadcast the Monday Night Football.
http://www.thestreet.com/story/1341...-steal-nfl-thursday-night-games-from-cbs.html

Clockwork5

So glad Maclin doesn't have to go through knee surgery again. High ankle sprains are tricky though so I don't expect us to have him for the remainder of this run.
Still in shock the playoff curse is broken. I'm happy no matter what happens on Saturday in Foxboro.
But I suspect the defense wants Brady blood.

I can't stop thinking of MNF last season. Im ready for this game.

But yeah, yesterday's win was soooo good.

MechDX

Per @richarddeitsch, these teams are eligible for Hard Knocks:

-Buffalo
-Chicago
-Jacksonville
-Oakland
-New Orleans
-St. Louis
-San Diego

I think Jacksonville will volunteer.

I can't stop thinking of MNF last season. Im ready for this game.

But yeah, yesterday's win was soooo good.

I'm doing my best to not let that game cloud my judgement. The Pats have been struggling but that was their low point. Now they are getting a little healthier and playoff Brady is a different animal.

If that game never happened, I'd expect the CHIEFS to struggle. But now I have the thought of them rolling in the back of my mind.

Top Bottom