• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

RBH

Best-NFL-Week-4-GIFs-Glee-Actress-Naya-Rivera-Celebrates-Her-Brother-Mychal-Rivera-Scores-His-First-Touchdown-For-Raiders.gif

Line_HTX

Bob McNair addresses media for first time after ugly playoff loss

The loss to Kansas City didn’t change the Texans’ No. 1 priority of finding their franchise quarterback.

"I don’t think there’s any question," he said. "I’ve been saying that. The question is what’s available, and what’s the price? How many draft picks might you have to give up? You can’t undermine the rest of your team while you’re trying to get a quarterback.

"This isn’t a department store where they have them on the shelf, and you just pick one up. It’s a question of who’s available. We’re working on that. We think there are some good prospects out there."

McNair said finding the new quarterback will be a group decision. After the scouts have evaluated prospects, McNair, vice chairman Cal McNair, general manager Rick Smith and coach Bill O’Brien will "reach a consensus."

"I think Rick’s done a good job," McNair said in response to a question about Smith’s job being safe.

"I see no reason they (Smith and O’Brien) can’t (work together). They’ve been working together. They’re bright, and they’re independent and they express their opinions.

"They don’t always agree 100 percent of the time. I don’t agree with them 100 percent of the time. We talk about our differences, sit down and resolve them and try to make good decisions. That’s what management’s all about."

squicken

I'd take McAdoo over Pederson as well, personally. Just has more experience with responsibility. Pederson has always been under Reid's wing, so it's hard to know that he would be successful on his own.

That said, I'm still hopeful McAdoo will end up back in GB as offensive coordinator/AHC.

I read this somewhere last night, but can't remember where. The argument was that Reid is pushing Pederson the same way he pushed Brad Childress. The reason he pushed Childress was b/c he wanted him out of the way so he could promote Marty Mornhinweg, and that there is probably some guy he wants to be OC in KC but would rather have Pederson get a HC than fire him

Schefter also says Shurmur is still in play, just that McAdoo is the favorite. So he's not really "reporting" anything. Just playing the gossip game

eznark

Banned
That Childress story is pretty fucking dubious considering Reid brought him back.

So...every time I go to Houston Texans games I see this car parked outside the Holiday Inn next to NRG Stadium.

Does it belong to any of ya'll?

That's JJ Watt's car

Schefter also says Shurmur is still in play, just that McAdoo is the favorite. So he's not really "reporting" anything. Just playing the gossip game

Schefter "senses" that Marrone is the front-runner for the Giants job. Apparently, he's fucking Spider-Man or something with his "senses" tingling and all.

MechDX

Where's the portion of, "Doesn't give a flying fuck about LA" section, that's where I'm in.

Im with you. Albert Breer commented on that in a tweet yesterday observing he isnt seeing anything from LA about being excited for this. Personally I hope this completely blows up in the leagues face.

Im with you. Albert Breer commented on that in a tweet yesterday observing he isnt seeing anything from LA about being excited for this. Personally I hope this completely blows up in the leagues face.

Me too. After reading everything that went down, they basically fucked St. Louis over because of their mega obsession with LA. Oh, it's gonna be glorious, just like Euro Disney!

Live in LA... among the dozen or so people I've spoken with about the Rams news (yeah small sample size), all have talked about how much of a bitch it's going to be to get to LAX and surrounding areas on Sundays, and absolute dread thinking about the 405 if there's a Monday night game.

Not one has mentioned being happy LA has a football team.

MechDX

Live in LA... among the dozen or so people I've spoken with about the Rams news (yeah small sample size), all have talked about how much of a bitch it's going to be to get to LAX and surrounding areas on Sundays, and absolute dread thinking about the 405 if there's a Monday night game.

Not one has mentioned being happy LA has a football team.

No one gives a rats ass. Same way it was in 99/2000 when the league kept giving LA the 32nd franchise but no one gave a shit to put a plan together.

No one gives a rats ass. Same way it was in 99/2000 when the league kept giving LA the 32nd franchise but no one gave a shit to put a plan together.

The Rams are an Orange County team anyways. The whole thing is dumb.

But it does give me a chance to post this amazing Rams poster from the 80s

Costacos22.jpg

I'd be alright with McAdoo. Though I'd hate for him to be the fall guy if we don't start winning immediately and Lurie blows everything up in two years

Lurie blowing everything up in 2 years sounds like the best case scenario. Howie gets complete control, makes some more terrible picks/bad moves. The team continues to never win a playoff game since Howie came into power, after 2 years Lurie finally wakes the fuck up and realizes he was wrong about Howie. Lurie then wipes out everyone and starts over with a real football guy in charge.

Paches

My Seattle brethren, did KJR explode this morning? Only getting this terrible NBC national feed over iHeart and the same NBC feed was on the radio earlier this morning, but I am at work now, so stuck with iHeart. I am dying on the inside listening to this NBC garbage.

Hindl

Lurie blowing everything up in 2 years sounds like the best case scenario. Howie gets complete control, makes some more terrible picks/bad moves. The team continues to never win a playoff game since Howie came into power, after 2 years Lurie finally wakes the fuck up and realizes he was wrong about Howie. Lurie then wipes out everyone and starts over with a real football guy in charge.

Obviously this is a rumor that Eskin supposedly said, instead of directly reporting, so there's a huge chance this isn't real. Take with a grain of salt but:

https://twitter.com/PHLEaglesNation/status/686993375229292544

Eagles Nation said:
‏@PHLEaglesNation
According to @howardeskin, Lurie plans on cleaning the slate in his FO if the #Eagles don't start to win in the next two years.

Roseman on the table too apparently

squicken

Idk for me it's just if ppl don't see the narrative of a guy like Luck, then they just go to the weak Qb draft thing automatically. Lucks rarely come around, everyone has flaws

I never thought 2014 was a weak draft for QBs. 2013 certainly was. This draft is better than 2013 but not as good as 2014 imo. To me, the wildcard is Hackenberg. I would never draft Cook in the first round.

But Hack, seems like everything around him was awful there. Coaching, OL and WRs (once Robinson left) were bad. When he had good coaching and someone to throw to, he lived up to the recruiting hype. I'm not saying I believe, I just think he is the guy who could really alter perceptions of him from now to the draft

Obviously this is a rumor that Eskin supposedly said, instead of directly reporting, so there's a huge chance this isn't real. Take with a grain of salt but:

https://twitter.com/PHLEaglesNation/status/686993375229292544

Roseman on the table too apparently

Thank you my friend. This is the first good news I have heard about the Eagles since Lurie brought Howie back. I am now actively rooting for Pederson to be the hire. Give him a chance, and if he sucks blow it all up in 2 years.

Top Bottom