• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

effzee

They went 9-7 with Marrone and the defense was a lot better with his coordinators. I don't think LJ or Trey thought much of him, though

Yeah but everyone knows and says Doug quit on his team because he had guaranteed money and he thought so much of himself that he was going to land another HC job.

I'd never want him as my team'so coach

effzee

Looks like now Giants have no choice but to select Ben McAdoo as the coach. Unless Eagles steal him away. Which if they did, Mara/Tisch deserve all the blame and many losing seasons. The crop isn't that strong with guys like Shaw, Saban, and Cowher choosing not to play.

There are still other guys out there. Bengals defensive coordinator Guenther, Sean McDermott , and of course the hottest available now Pederson!

eznark

Banned
Wow, that just blows my mind. I never would have thought that someone would pick the Browns when a team like the Giants are also interested in them.

Probably getting more control in Cleveland. And Hue Jackson NEEDS control. That guy is reportedly a megalomaniac.

Has Chip Kelly even had a single interview??

Yes with the 9ers. I do think the smear campaign by the Eagles owner has really hurt him. Lurie has come out and said that Chip refused to attend the Eagles team Christmas party, and that Chip wouldnt even say hi to him in the hallway. I think these owners want to win, but they also want these coaches to pretend that they are equals, and act like the owners actually know stuff.

effzee

Has Chip Kelly even had a single interview??

49ers.

Winning record but labeled "can't win college coach". Shit coaches and assistants with no experience getting better opportunities.

I'm shocked at the stupidity of some FOs.

Any rumors about who Tennessee is interested in?

j-wood

49ers.

Winning record but labeled "can't win college coach". Shit coaches and assistants with no experience getting better opportunities.

I'm shocked at the stupidity of some FOs.

Any rumors about who Tennessee is interested in?

Nope. Everyone is too busy reporting that the Titans are for sale :( Ugh.

I want to thank Jimmer for not going to the owners meeting and talking to Hue yesterday
Robert Lusetich ‏ @ RobertLusetich
@ MikeGarafolo Wonders never cease! Well, good news for Browns and they never have any good news. What happens to Johnny Football with Hue?

Mike Garafolo ‏ @ MikeGarafolo 26s 26 seconds ago
Mike Garafolo Retweeted Robert Lusetich
You ask good questions. I was told Hue made it clear he'd want to move on from Johnny.

akileese

So Stan Kroenke hates St. Louis so much he's willing to piss away half his net worth on the chance that the Rams become the most valuable team in the history of the world? Bold.

For hyperbole sake I understand he's not literally cutting a 2.7 billion dollar stadium check, but the guy is footing the bill for this entire Inglewood amusement park and considering how stingy billionaire's tend to be with their money, this just strikes me as, pardon my language, fucking insane.

What's the deal with the PSLs for St. Louis as well? This is the first team to move in the PSL era and I read a short article that seemed to indicate that PSLs were tied to a team and not the stadium since Rams fans bought PSLs initially when the Rams were playing in Busch Stadium before they moved to the dome a year later. If this is the case, how can they sell PSLs for a new stadium if the PSLs are tied to the team itself?

Spinluck

Are contact lens supposed to be significant weaker than glasses? I don't see nearly as good in my lens than I do in my glasses and artificial light kind of bleeds with my lens.

The same doctor did my prescription for both, I hope he didn't fuck up because I'd hate to have to go all the way back to get this fixed.

This is the brand I use

biofinity_toric_new.jpg

My right is terrible with the lens on.

MechDX

Nope. Everyone is too busy reporting that the Titans are for sale :( Ugh.

Well the current owner lives in Houston but didn't attend the meetings yesterday because she was "interviewing for head coaches" yet they had no interviews scheduled.

Edit:
Former #Rams RB Lawrence Phillips found dead in prison at age 40 https://t.co/at7BBC2kHl via @usatoday

Damn.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Poor Hue. Only two HC spots he'll end up with on his resume is Oakland and Cleveland.

Death knell.

He is insane. He could have worked with a 2 time SB winning QB, and one of if not the most respected owners in football, oh and he could have been in the biggest media market and in a shit division. His choice makes no sense at any level.

Maybe he is tired of the rigors of first round playoff football.

Bowser

So Stan Kroenke hates St. Louis so much he's willing to piss away half his net worth on the chance that the Rams become the most valuable team in the history of the world? Bold.

For hyperbole sake I understand he's not literally cutting a 2.7 billion dollar stadium check, but the guy is footing the bill for this entire Inglewood amusement park and considering how stingy billionaire's tend to be with their money, this just strikes me as, pardon my language, fucking insane.

What's the deal with the PSLs for St. Louis as well? This is the first team to move in the PSL era and I read a short article that seemed to indicate that PSLs were tied to a team and not the stadium since Rams fans bought PSLs initially when the Rams were playing in Busch Stadium before they moved to the dome a year later. If this is the case, how can they sell PSLs for a new stadium if the PSLs are tied to the team itself?

Huh? Dude's net worth is $11 billion. And that's not counting his wife who's part of the Walmart dynasty.

This is chump change for him.

Are contact lens supposed to be significant weaker than glasses? I don't see nearly as good in my lens than I do in my glasses and artificial light kind of bleeds with my lens.

The same doctor did my prescription for both, I hope he didn't fuck up because I'd hate to have to go all the way back to get this fixed.

This is the brand I use

biofinity_toric_new.jpg

I rarely ever wear my glasses (only at night before bed really) so I don't know if they're that much better than my lens, but my lens are fine. I wear that brand as well.

I really hope for Jackson's sake the Browns news is false.

The Browns are a hopeless franchise first off, AND they share a division with the Steelers, Bengals, and Ravens.

Meanwhile the winner of the NFC East got in at 9-7. The Giants job is the crown jewel of the NFL right now.

This is the brand I use

biofinity_toric_new.jpg

Definitely not. If the prescription is the same you shouldn't notice a difference and if you do you are in for some massive headaches when you switch between glasses and contacts. If you notice a difference from one eye to another your prescription is wrong.

I've never heard of that brand of contacts but I wear Acuvue Oasys and have for many years; they're great. I tried Air Optix for a year or so at the recommendation of an eye doctor and at the end of every day my eyes felt dried out and irritated.

I'm guessing the Browns told Hue that he could be THE MAN in Cleveland.

But isn't that the franchise that has GMs that text to the sidelines during games and an owner that forced the latest QB bust onto his staff because a hobo told him to?

eznark

Banned
Mooch and Walsh should have cut him long before he ended Young's career. He was terrible that year, ironically when he wasn't committing crimes constantly off the field.

I remember being legitimately hopeful that the dude had really figured it out in Europe. I liked watching those Nebraska teams and he could be fun to watch.

You can blame Walsh's awful cap management for him being on the team so long.

Furyous

Good for the Browns. I hope Hue gets a fair shot to turn things around.

I think he may have chose them because he has a chip on his shoulder and has something to prove after the way things went down in Oakland.

He definitely needs a strong DC to help him out tho.

This is a great hire if he keeps Flip and O'Connell.

Soundtrack for this hiring.

WAIT... You mean to tell me Hue doesn't want Johnny?

*cries frantically*
*hugs JFF jersey*
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, NOT MY GUY JOHNNY!

I'm going to miss Johnny's cult following and wish his supporters the best of luck as they find a new team. His success from broken plays is legendary and I'll miss the schmoney dance.

HUE AND FUTURE GM GET ME A DAMN STARTING QUARTERBACK, PLS. THIS IS BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD ALL DAY.

I'm about to warm up some dirty sprite and mix it with some JD to celebrate this hiring.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet

He does have to cut a check for over $1B to be put into escrow for the stadium. He'll have to cut another $550M check for relocation. He's in for at least that much immediately.

eznark

Banned
Still went down under Haslam's watch.

I'm speaking to the Browns institutionally being (to put it as politely as a I possibly can) a gigantic fucking mess

Yeah, they are. And Hue Jackson is apparently difficult to work with. I almost with they hadn't fired Farmer just so we could enjoy the fireworks. As it is, I'm sure he and Haslam will provide plenty.

akileese

Huh? Dude's net worth is $11 billion. And that's not counting his wife who's part of the Walmart dynasty.

This is chump change for him.

I rarely ever wear my glasses (only at night before bed really) so I don't know if they're that much better than my lens, but my lens are fine. I wear that brand as well.

IIRC his net worth as of 2015 was between 6 and 7 million dollars. His wife's worth is actually under 5 billion and less than his. So their COMBINED worth is about 11 billion. I don't want to seem rude, but are you really saying 25 percent of their net worth, with no guarantee of ROI is chump change? I apologize if that sounded douchey..I just can't figure out how to phrase it otherwise.

The reason there's no guarantee of ROI is due to the fact that the NFL does not have regional TV contracts. Unlike the Clippers and Dodgers, there's no way for Kroenke to fleece a network out of 3 billion dollars to show Rams games and that severely hampers the franchise's ability to rise sharply in value.

He does have to cut a check for over $1B to be put into escrow for the stadium. He'll have to cut another $550M check for relocation. He's in for at least that much immediately.

Whoa. I didn't even know about the 1 billion in escrow. I knew about the 550M for relocation though. Is he getting the 100 or 200 million G-4 funding from the NFL? Between that and maybe PSLs...I guess he might be able to get ...300 or 400 million of his investment.

The only thing I can think of is he's moving the time to try to spike a 5 billion dollar valuation and then flip the team...pay off the remaining loans and then buy another team like the Broncos or something.

eznark

Banned
This is a great hire if he keeps Flip and O'Connell.

Soundtrack for this hiring.

WAIT... You mean to tell me Hue doesn't want Johnny?

*cries frantically*
*hugs JFF jersey*
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, NOT MY GUY JOHNNY!

I'm going to miss Johnny's cult following and wish his supporters the best of luck as they find a new team. His success from broken plays is legendary and I'll miss the schmoney dance.

HUE AND FARMER GET ME A DAMN STARTING QUARTERBACK, PLS. THIS IS BEST NEWS I'VE HEARD ALL DAY.

I'm about to warm up some dirty sprite and mix it with some JD to celebrate this hiring.

Farmer? I think two teams may be too many for you to keep up with.

And I cannot imagine Hue keeping DeFillipo, whom he has never worked with. He'll want someone familiar with his system. It'd be nice to see Ken Zampese get a coordinator shot.

Bowser

IIRC his net worth as of 2015 was between 6 and 7 million dollars. His wife's worth is actually under 5 billion and less than his. So their COMBINED worth is about 11 billion. I don't want to seem rude, but are you really saying 25 percent of their net worth, with no guarantee of ROI is chump change? I apologize if that sounded douchey..I just can't figure out how to phrase it otherwise.

The reason there's no guarantee of ROI is due to the fact that the NFL does not have regional TV contracts. Unlike the Clippers and Dodgers, there's no way for Kroenke to fleece a network out of 3 billion dollars to show Rams games and that severely hampers the franchise's ability to rise sharply in value.

My bad, you're right, their combined net worth is $12bn (per Forbes). Still, he's in $2bn out of $12bn. Is it a shitload of money? Yes. In the grand scheme of billions, will it materially affect his lifestyle/way of life? No. Is he guaranteed to at least recoup half of that money? I think so for sure considering he's getting all the revenue streams from the project, not just what the team generates.

Bottom line, a guy doesn't amass that kind of fortune without taking (calculated) risks. I think this one will work out just fine for him.

http://www.forbes.com/profile/stanley-kroenke/
http://www.forbes.com/profile/ann-walton-kroenke/

Top Bottom