• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

Wes

venison crêpe
My liege!

Come and dance with us cause today is a NEW DAY!

tumblr_ntldrcilrt1sbzhteo1_400.gif

I3lnCZS.gif

dancing-merengue-dog-o.gif

Spinluck

I rarely ever wear my glasses (only at night before bed really) so I don't know if they're that much better than my lens, but my lens are fine. I wear that brand as well.

Yeah it's a pretty vast difference for me. It's clear enough that I don't have to squint, but at times I struggle to see things close up and far away. My glasses feel more consistent.

Definitely not. If the prescription is the same you shouldn't notice a difference and if you do you are in for some massive headaches when you switch between glasses and contacts. If you notice a difference from one eye to another your prescription is wrong.

I've never heard of that brand of contacts but I wear Acuvue Oasys and have for many years; they're great. I tried Air Optix for a year or so at the recommendation of an eye doctor and at the end of every day my eyes felt dried out and irritated.

I think I'm gonna have to swing by Friday because overall I'm just seeing as well as I feel I could. My glasses feel right where these feel very wrong. When he gave me my trail lens, he said that one of the lens weren't the exact Rx for one of my eyes but whenever I order them I should get the right one and be fine.

Anyway, I ordered them and notice an improvement, but it's still noticeable worse than my glasses. I ordered from 1-800 Contacts, so I'm not sure if there is a return policy of some sort, but I kind of want to get this fixed soon. No way I'm rolling with these for the rest of the year. This brand feels great though, don't dry out fast, and apart from the off vision, I forget that I'm wearing them.

jbug617

Banned
From Rapsheet

As the #Giants zero in on candidates, word spread at the @NFL Meetings how much they liked Mike Smith. Similar feelings for Doug Marrone.

Imagine going from Coughlin to Marrone or Mike Smith.

From Rapsheet

Imagine going from Coughlin to Marrone or Mike Smith.

Marrone at least has something to prove. He's a quitting bitch but he's a very Giants hire (Syracuse past, hard nosed, etc.). I wouldn't be crazy about it but considering his past - there's some reason to hope with stability he could maybe end up being a good hire.

Coughlin to Mike Smith? Kill me. Just kill me.

RBH

uwi1hsolofbpiwrupzom.jpg

This week, Minnesota elementary school teacher Judie Offerdahl took the opportunity to turn Blair Walsh’s shank into a lesson about empathy for her kids. The first-graders at Northpoint Elementary School in Blaine wrote some pretty adorable letters to the Vikings kicker.

The Star Tribune has video of a few students reading their letters out loud, which you should watch, but here are a couple of them:

Dear Blair Walsh,

You are the best player in the unverse. Evryone makes mistakes you’re team still apreciates you! I know you’ll help the Vikings next time.
For Blair Walsh. Keep on trying. Puppys are cute. [Drawing of two puppies with thought balloons filled with hearts]
You are handsome. Don’t worry. It’s just a game.
Dear Blair Walsh,

I know that it can be hard to get through things that make you sad, but you have to try and try again. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes. One time I made a mistake when I was doing a cartwheel. I felt embarrassed. But you can still help the Vikings win the Super Bowl next year.

Your fan,

Sophia

P.S. You are the best kicker that I know.

P.P.S. I hope you win the Super Bowl this year.

P.P.P.S. I am really a big fan of you.

P.P.P.P.S. I love the Vikings.
http://deadspin.com/first-graders-write-letters-to-console-vikings-kicker-b-1752728774

:')

Bowser

If I'm the Giants, I either promote McAdoo or just reset the search and wait for some of these playoff coordinators. I'd rather hire a guy off the Panthers, Cardinals, or Seahawks staff than go the retread route with a Marrone or Smith (especially Smith).

I think a very Giants move would be to get a guy like McDermott as HC while keeping McAdoo on as OC.

Hey with Mike Smith hired, Nemesis will finally get his defensive minded coach! /slits wrist

Honestly of the two, I see Marrone getting the nod. The Syracuse connection and what he did with that program (several Syracuse alumni on the team), something to prove after his stint in Buffalo which is an aspect the Giants loved about Coughlin. Head coaching experience and generally a hard nosed guy. Giants written all over him, really.. Which sucks.

The Giants are too damned set in their traditional ways at times. I'd love to have them go with a younger coordinator like McAdoo that is a bit of an unknown but they don't seem to want to take that chance. If Nick Saban wanted into the NFL, guarantee you the Giants would jump.

Teryl Austin is interviewing with the Titans. It seems he's this year Rooney Rule candidate.

Bread

Banned
Hue went to the team with the winning culture and future HoF qb located in a city where the air smells like bacon. How could anyone blame him?

Striker

It also hinges on who becomes the OC and DC. I can see them trying to keep McAdoo if they can or he's not offered another job someplace else. Defensive coordinator is obviously huge because it's become a giant wasteland. They need bodies and a whole new philosophy.

eznark

Banned
I feel like the most lucrative coaching job, long term, is going to be the Packers offensive coordinator position. The defense is pretty well set so it's likely that all off-season moves (It's TT so that means the draft) will be focused on the offensive side of the ball. Jordy will be healthy. Ty Montgomery will be healthy. Rodgers will probably be back to being Rodgers.

Come in and in one year you take the 26th best offense and turn it into a top 3? Yeah, that's a pretty sick gig with almost no downside.

If I am McAdoo and have the option to stay in New York behind a brand new head coach who probably doesn't really want you there or go back to Green Bay and reunite with your BFF Fraudgers and a head coach who loves you and has shown very clearly that he would like to remove himself from the minutiae of running the offense?

Easy choice.

effzee

Shocked that no coach from the Cardinals staff has been considered.

I mean at least we have heard of Sean McDermott getting looks but you'd think some coach from Arians's staff would be in the mix.

Nothing about Josh or Patty from Patriots either

Hue went to the team with the winning culture and future HoF qb located in a city where the air smells like bacon. How could anyone blame him?

Winning Culture? Winning the Tank Wars doesn't count

Future HoF QB? The Browns have about 7635 busts to go before they hit on a QB

Air smells like bacon? This is disrespectful as fuck to good fat women of Cleve and I won't have it. Apologize

eznark

Banned

I mean at least we have heard of Sean McDermott getting looks but you'd think some coach from Arians's staff would be in the mix.

Both the Patriots coordinators were mentioned a lot earlier. Lions still supposedly interested in McDaniels.

cdyhybrid

If I'm the Giants, I either promote McAdoo or just reset the search and wait for some of these playoff coordinators. I'd rather hire a guy off the Panthers, Cardinals, or Seahawks staff than go the retread route with a Marrone or Smith (especially Smith).

I think a very Giants move would be to get a guy like McDermott as HC while keeping McAdoo on as OC.
Eh, only guy on our staff in line for a HC job is Bevell, and if they were going to hire an OC they might as well just stick with McAdoo.

Bread

Banned
Winning Culture? Winning the Tank Wars doesn't count

Future HoF QB? The Browns have about 7635 busts to go before they hit on a QB

Air smells like bacon? This is disrespectful as fuck to good fat women of Cleve and I won't have it. Apologize
Did you actually just go point by point on my post

Jesus grovo get it together

Bowser

Bucs interviewed the Cards OC IIRC.

Eh, only guy on our staff in line for a HC job is Bevell, and if they were going to hire an OC they might as well just stick with McAdoo.

I'd at least interview the Seahawks DL coach...let's face it, he's going to be the Seahawks DC after Richard gets a HC gig after the 2016 season. Might as well get ahead of it.

It also hinges on who becomes the OC and DC. I can see them trying to keep McAdoo if they can or he's not offered another job someplace else. Defensive coordinator is obviously huge because it's become a giant wasteland. They need bodies and a whole new philosophy.

If Marrone is the guy. Jeff Schwartz is our new D-Coordinator. Bank on that.

EDIT: Ranaan is reporting that Marrone is indeed John Mara's top choice.

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2016/01/giants_coaching_candidates_doug_marrone_tops_the_l.html#1

I love this gif, and I'm not saying that people shouldn't use it or whatever but I think given the context of what's going on in the show it's not really used appropriately? Isn't he trying to not laugh?

If Mike Smith gets hired I don't think Giants fans will be acting sad while containing laughter lol

Bowser

I love this gif, and I'm not saying that people shouldn't use it or whatever but I think given the context of what's going on in the show it's not really used appropriately? Isn't he trying to not laugh?

If Mike Smith gets hired I don't think Giants fans will be acting sad while containing laughter lol

Not at all? He's trying not to cry. It's from the episode "Branch Closing" when the Scranton branch finds out they're going to be shut down.

harSon

Banned
I feel like the most lucrative coaching job, long term, is going to be the Packers offensive coordinator position. The defense is pretty well set so it's likely that all off-season moves (It's TT so that means the draft) will be focused on the offensive side of the ball. Jordy will be healthy. Ty Montgomery will be healthy. Rodgers will probably be back to being Rodgers.

Come in and in one year you take the 26th best offense and turn it into a top 3? Yeah, that's a pretty sick gig with almost no downside.

If I am McAdoo and have the option to stay in New York behind a brand new head coach who probably doesn't really want you there or go back to Green Bay and reunite with your BFF Fraudgers and a head coach who loves you and has shown very clearly that he would like to remove himself from the minutiae of running the offense?

Easy choice.

Will the coordinator be able to put a wedge between Rodgers and Olivia Munn, and stop Lacy from eating potato wedges?

Bowser

I was listening to ATN podcast earlier and there was a question about which playoff team has the most reliable back-up. They were saying Osweiler and Chase Daniel mostly, and I'm thinking how is Drew Stanton not the complete obvious choice?

Because the obvious answer is Derek Anderson? In his 5 seasons with CAR he's 73/107 (68.2%) for 795 yards, 5 TDs, 0 INTs and a sterling 2-0 record as a starter!

Top Bottom