• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

Mindlog

LOL, why're you showing your numbers?
Random numbers. Use that link.
It's the official NFL GAF POWERBALL™.

Post your numbers. Enter as many times as you'd like. Void where prohibited. No cheaters. Looking your way Pats GAF.
I forgot to buy tickets till I saw your post... So, Mindlog, if I win and the Patriots win the Super Bowl, I'll give you $1m.
If I got $1M from the Patriots winning the Super Bowl I'd donate that money to God's hospice.

RBH

CYlXR6aUQAAfcCY.jpg:large

Video: http://abc7.com/sports/fans-take-to-streets-after-nfl-announces-rams-returning-to-la/1157068/

BigAT

Things stirring with a lot of Giants beat writers now, saying McAdoo is the choice. Someone also saying Philbin as a possible OC.

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN
It's not a done deal yet, but a source says the Giants and Ben McAdoo are closing in on a deal to make him the next head coach.

Colasante

Ben McAdoo, an internal favorite from the start, appears to be closing in on a deal to become next head coach of the #Giants, per source.

From my outside perspective, that doesn't seem like the most inspired choice even with the way he helped Eli improve this season, but what do I know.

MechDX

Houston Chronicle saying the Texans will release Arian Foster and idiots are questioning why....

Maybe because he is 30 year old running back coming off an Achilles injury and scheduled to make almost 9 million dollars?? Only cost them 2 milllion to cut him.

Colasante

Source: Dirk Koetter is telling assistant coaches in Tampa he has the head coaching job.

Weird to see two teams who fired their head coaches promoting their offensive coordinators on the same day, but it makes a certain amount of sense. McAdoo and Koetter both did good work with their quarterbacks last season. I guess with Koetter the question will be who he brings in to run the defense and how they'll be different than Lovie's unit.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Question: What 3 players do you see possibly making huge leaps next year (if any)?

That's a long time from now, but I'll bite. Give me Laken Tomlinson, Caraun Reid and Ameer Abdullah.

Tomlinson was pretty inconsistent as a rookie, but he should have a better grasp on what it takes to succeed in the NFL with a year of experience under his belt. He'll also be able to dedicate his offseason workouts toward being a better professional as opposed to posting good combine numbers.

Reid has the tools, it's about opportunity and staying healthy. With Haloti Ngata and Tyrunn Walker hitting free agency, the third-year man out of Princeton figures to have a more prominent role in the defensive tackle rotation.

Finally, I went with Abdullah over Eric Ebron, although I expect continued growth in the tight end's third season. Abdullah closed out his rookie year strong and cleaned up most of his early season fumbling issues. He has the most big-play potential in Detroit's backfield rotation and should be able

Question: Odds Austin returns in any capacity?

He's still up for a few head coaching opening and Tennessee could be a fit. We'll have a better idea next week.

Given those opportunities, I'll say there's an 85 percent chance he's back if Jim Caldwell is retained and closer to 50 percent even if Caldwell is replaced. A new coach is likely to recognize what Austin brings to the table and not want to make a shift, especially a coach with an offensive background

Question:What would it take for the Lions to win a playoff game next year. How many moves?

Not many. The team needs to shore up the trenches and either re-sign Isa Abdul-Quddus and Tahir Whitehead, or find viable replacements. Oh, and that whole Calvin Johnson thing, they might need a replacement there as well.

The schedule is lining up favorably in 2016. If DeAndre Levy returns at full strength and the front four is beefed up in the draft, the defense will be fine. And even if Johnson retires, if Detroit adds a quality right tackle, the unit should still produce.

Question: 5 wins next season: over or under?

Assuming a healthy Stafford, easily over.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ss...witter_talk_25.html#incart_river_mobile_index

More at the link regarding Matthew Stafford's stats, Jim Bob Cooter and overall Lions cap space/possible free agents.

ghost99

Banned
Weird to see two teams who fired their head coaches promoting their offensive coordinators on the same day, but it makes a certain amount of sense. McAdoo and Koetter both did good work with their quarterbacks last season. I guess with Koetter the question will be who he brings in to run the defense and how they'll be different than Lovie's unit.

Lovie's version of the cover 2 sucked, he also brought in 100million worth of his ex bears and own free agents, all of which failed horribly.

I wouldnt be surprised if he tapped mike smith for DC

MechDX

Big move for the Buffalo Bills - hired Ed Reed as an assistant defensive back coach. He will kill it. Uber student of game. Players love him--LaCanfora

The bills will be fun at least

#CoachReed

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Head coach jobs filling up and Bob Quinn is just waiting for the Patriots to lose so he can hire Patricia.

JABEE

The media wants Shurmur, because he spoke with them like humans, and his team beat the shitty, defeated Giants in Week 17.

The Eagles are fucked. We're hiring an objectively worse coach, because Mr. Lurie wants his coach to smile at him and sing Feliz Navidad.

These will be the darkest days of Eagles football if they hire Shurmur.

Top Bottom