• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

RBH

I just realized if the Rams ever do like old timers days or festivities to honor old players/teams that might mean Brenda in LA!

brendawarnerdancing.gif

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Giants defense has been putrid for years, this year being historically awful. And they kept their DC? What? Why did they even fire Coughlin if they were just going to keep their coordinators?

From my outside perspective, that doesn't seem like the most inspired choice even with the way he helped Eli improve this season, but what do I know.

Many in the organization tapped McAdoo as Coughlin's successor when he was hired. I don't think the Giants wanted it to move this quickly but I'm happy the organization is taking a chance on him and not bringing in some retread like Mike Smith.

The Eagles wanting him seems to have finally lit a fire under Mara and frankly keeping the offensive continuity we've had for two seasons is the absolute best thing to do while bringing in a fresh voice at the top.

Frankly not thrilled with Spags remaining onboard but considering what he had to work with in 2015, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and another shot with better talent. The Giants org loves him for better or worse.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
austin-center-1715.jpg

I'm shocked Teryl Austin is still available. Titans want an offensive minded coach so I don't think they hire him but I really thought someone would hire him by now.

squicken

Eagles called Hue but I don't think they were too interested. I think their guy was Gase but it was quickly obvious he wasn't going to pick them.

Not sure why they wouldn't get Pederson if they really want him. If they hire Shurmur it means the Pederson stuff was always a red herring, b/c no one is hiring either of those guys except Philly

gutshot

I think Pederson is their guy and has been all along. Andy likely put in a good word for him, possibly even before Chip was officially fired.

They can't announce it until after the Chiefs are eliminated though, right?

Clockwork5

I think Pederson is their guy and has been all along. Andy likely put in a good word for him, possibly even before Chip was officially fired.

KU took our OC while we were in the Playoffs in '10.

also, hearing rumors that baalke "doesn't like" chip or shanahan. baalke is a fucking loser. we are going to end up with some fucking joker coach who wont rock the baalke boat and wont talk back when he drafts 7 defensive lineman (6 of whom are complete busts, 1 of which is a depth player), 3 offensive linemen who are all god awful, 1 QB who goes to the practice squad for no reason as he will never be called up and 1 kicker in the 3rd round so the yorks can save $350.00 by cutting Dawson

squicken

Yes. But I think Philly was used as leverage by McAdoo so Giants would move. I do think the Eagles wanted him.

Ross Tucker @RossTuckerNFL
McAdoo to NYG means unless Eagles hold more interviews OR get Coughlin they will be hiring a HC that didn't have any other interviews

Jeff McLane@Jeff_McLane
#Eagles were in on Ben McAdoo and we're ready to hire the new Giants head coach, according to two NFL sources.

Lester City the Gawds

CYntXvvVAAAx6Ja.jpg

A football (sawker) savvy individual should make a joke here about Leicester and Carolina both being surprise frontrunners doomed to collapse epicly

Yes. But I think Philly was used as leverage by McAdoo so Giants would move. I do think the Eagles wanted him.

McAdoo to NYG means unless Eagles hold more interviews OR get Coughlin they will be hiring a HC that didn't have any other interviews

Jeff McLane@Jeff_McLane
#Eagles were in on Ben McAdoo and we're ready to hire the new Giants head coach, according to two NFL sources.

Beat me to the McLane tweet. I was just getting ready to post it.

bionic77

FMT what do you see in Brenda?

And it will really suck if Hue makes the Browns a competent team. It is tough enough with the Bungles and potentially Ravens being good in our division and trying to murder us every year. If the Browns suddenly become competent then I think we are all fucked. It will be great for the regular season but no one will be able to win this division and still be healthy enough to do anything in the postseason. I would like to petition to move to the AFC South and exchange places with the Colts.

For the record I think Hue did a really good job in Cincy. I liked the offense they ran before Dalton went down. That said I don't know if being good or smart is enough to turn shit around in Cleveland. Vince Lombardi on his best day would probably be happy to get 8 wins from the Browns next year. I think the Browns could get him to give up football altogether...

Dragon

Banned
Lester City the Gawds

CYntXvvVAAAx6Ja.jpg

A football (sawker) savvy individual should make a joke here about Leicester and Carolina both being surprise frontrunners doomed to collapse epicly

My coworker is a Leicester and Carolina fan. I have never seen someone so happy and surprised about their sports teams in my entire life.

squicken

Let's keep Shurmur around so we can pay our average QB elite money to play for one season under.

He's shown that he's such an elite coach at the NFL level. 10-23 as a Head Coach in the NFL.

The Giants went 6-10 and kept their offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator, and general manager. So unless it was all Coughlin's fault, I wouldn't get too down

JABEE

The Giants went 6-10 and kept their offensive coordinator, defensive coordinator, and general manager. So unless it was all Coughlin's fault, I wouldn't get too down

I expect more from the Eagles. I'm not upset about losing McAdoo. I'm annoyed that the Eagles fired Kelly to hire Shurmur.

I'm thirsty but Chris is kinda creepy.
FMT what do you see in Brenda?

And it will really suck if Hue makes the Browns a competent team. It is tough enough with the Bungles and potentially Ravens being good in our division and trying to murder us every year. If the Browns suddenly become competent then I think we are all fucked. It will be great for the regular season but no one will be able to win this division and still be healthy enough to do anything in the postseason. I would like to petition to move to the AFC South and exchange places with the Colts.

For the record I think Hue did a really good job in Cincy. I liked the offense they ran before Dalton went down. That said I don't know if being good or smart is enough to turn shit around in Cleveland. Vince Lombardi on his best day would probably be happy to get 8 wins from the Browns next year. I think the Browns could get him to give up football altogether...
It'll come down to who's at Qb. We have the number 2 pick so we really have our choice at guys. People like to say it's a weak class and dismiss all the guys, but I think you can get a competent guy. Hue makes me alittle more optimistic about our Qb choice too.

For me if there's not a sure bet everyone seems to dismiss Qb classes, but I think there's guys to work with in the class.

Let's keep Shurmur around so we can pay our average QB elite money to play for one season under a shitty NFL Head Coach.

Shurmur has shown that he's an elite coach at the NFL level. Going 10-23.

To be fair 9-23 with the browns and colt McCoy is probably like 18-14 somewhere else.

I wouldn't be too upset with Shurmur.

Let's keep Shurmur around so we can pay our average QB elite money to play for one season under a shitty NFL Head Coach.

Shurmur has shown that he's an elite coach at the NFL level. Going 10-23.
That was pre-chip. Now he has learned from Chip, and he will keep Bradford. Bradford was way above average last year and will be even better once they get wr's that can catch.

squicken

I expect more from the Eagles. I'm not upset about losing McAdoo. I'm annoyed that the Eagles fired Kelly to hire Shurmur.

I too thought they should have kept Kelly, but adjusted his personnel power. As far as Shurmur, I think I would give him a chance over Pederson. The first time a guy coaches he's going to make mistakes and learn a lot. Now if Pat keeps Billy Davis that would be a disaster

But still, the best candidate out there is Chip

e: Guys they have interviewed

Duce: Legit interview or not he won't rock the boat
Shurmur: Play ball with Howie
Pederson: Play ball with Howie
Coughlin: Not hiring a 70 year old HC

#1 criterion was always getting along with Howie

Striker

Yes! Yes! Thank goodness. So god damned happy right now.

Edit: Philbin as his OC? Oh my. Spags staying on as DC.
I like the McAdoo/Philbin duo. Spags I do like, but I kind of wanted them to go another direction. Ball is in Reese's court now. Get some players.

bionic77

I'm thirsty but Chris is kinda creepy.

It'll come down to who's at Qb. We have the number 2 pick so we really have our choice at guys. People like to say it's a weak class and dismiss all the guys, but I think you can get a competent guy. Hue makes me alittle more optimistic about our Qb choice too.

For me if there's not a sure bet everyone seems to dismiss Qb classes, but I think there's guys to work with in the class.
Get qb in free agency and groom the qb taken I n the draft. Give the rookie time. At least one year.

If the Browns are going to turn it around they need to change the atmosphere.

I think Hue is a good coach though but he has to get this shit right the first year to get a chance.

effzee

Jeff McLane@Jeff_McLane

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Fuck you Lurie you fucking Howie lover.

Good luck attracting candidates when you are far too concerned with how they will get along with a glorified accountant acting as the GM.

I have always respected and like Lurie and felt he had his head in the right place, but this is so pathetic. I feel like a Dolphins + Browns fan except they both got their top guy. Eagles are looking for someone who like holiday parties, Howie Roseman, and might recreate the fun atmosphere Reid had created.

Oh and winning is cool too if that happens to happen.

Things are changing by the minute, might the Chargers stay in San Diego?

Jill Lieber Steeg
‏@JillLieberSteeg
WOW: .@RonRobertsSD tells .@ScottKaplan Roger Goodell spoke to SD Mayor Faulconer today & said #NFL will help make #Chargers stadium happen

I like the McAdoo/Philbin duo. Spags I do like, but I kind of wanted them to go another direction. Ball is in Reese's court now. Get some players.

$50 million cap space with no cuts, and a team filled with holes, draft can't help this team, Reese gonna have to spend a lot this off season to potentially fix the defense...

Top Bottom