• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

bionic77

I don't think that outplaying a guy, getting physical with him, cutting his legs out on screens is much of a revenge plan or a bounty. Sounds like football to me.

I hope that we don't get the shit show that was the Bengals and Steelers game, simply because as we saw last week the Steelers will take advantage of your mental weaknesses in order to just win baby.
This game is not going to get out of hand.

Both organizations know how to win and keep their shit together. No one is going to risk a PI just to get a cheap shot in this game.

The Bungles and Steelers were threatening to murder each other on twitter before the game. The animosity was building all year to a very dangerous level. The Broncos are just talking about how pissed they are with Wallace and I don't even see the Steelers giving them any bulletin board material in response. That should tell you all you need to know about the game.

It is going to be hard fought, but only because so much is at stake. But I don't expect dirty plays from either team. And definitely nothing close to the shit show we saw in Cincinnati.

squicken

Literally the ONLY DC candidates to have even gotten interviews this coaching cycle are Teryl Austin, Matt Patricia, and McDermott if I recall correctly. Teams just don't want a defensive guy as HC right now.

Been this way for awhile. Lots of research out there that the key to a consistent winner is a good offense. Defense is more volatile. FO has it as about 60/40 as what is more responsible for a team's success

So look at Cincy. Where are they w/o Hue? Who is out there to hire? I guess they bring in the QB coach, but if he is no good, and the HC is only a defensive guy, then they are fucked. But a situation like GB or KC, the HC being an offensive guy, he can take back play calling if things go bad

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Sure, but it was deliberate targeting. Not to mention the relative size difference, and the play being over. Beckham got suspended for the same thing. Fine was understandable, but for the sake of consistency he should have been suspended.

Expecting consistency from Herr Goodell? :jnc That's a good one.

minx

It's called confidence, minx. When you have a 27 year old franchise QB hitting his prime steering your ship, you'd be confident too.

Some #jaktrivia

Matthew Stafford was #1 in Red Zone Completion Percentage, #2 in Redzone QBR. Did not throw one pick in the redzone this season.

Edit: May get on the Xbox One later tonight for some Halo. I DLed Killer Instinct and finally accepted the fact I will always suck at fighting games.

The delusion I was referring to was the Antonio Brown hit. I don't need another lengthy explanation on the hit by the way :)

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Been this way for awhile. Lots of research out there that the key to a consistent winner is a good offense. Defense is more volatile. FO has it as about 60/40 as what is more responsible for a team's success

So look at Cincy. Where are they w/o Hue? Who is out there to hire? I guess they bring in the QB coach, but if he is no good, and the HC is only a defensive guy, then they are fucked. But a situation like GB or KC, the HC being an offensive guy, he can take back play calling if things go bad

Being serious here, if the Lions don't retain Coach Jim Bob Cooter (which would probably be the worst possible move we could make, IMO, especially given Stafford's support of him), he's going to be getting a lot of calls to be an OC.

Bears gave him an interview last year but decided to go with Adam Gase instead

squicken

Being serious here, if the Lions don't retain Coach Jim Bob Cooter (which would probably be the worst possible move we could make, IMO, especially given Stafford's support of him), he's going to be getting a lot of calls to be an OC.

Bears gave him an interview last year but decided to go with Adam Gase instead

I would guess he and DeFillippo will be the two guys most sought after as offensive coordinators. Seems like DeFillipo would be a good fit in STL if Fisher keeps his hands off the offense (which he won't)

Godslay

Banned
This game is not going to get out of hand.

Both organizations know how to win and keep their shit together. No one is going to risk a PI just to get a cheap shot in this game.

The Bungles and Steelers were threatening to murder each other on twitter before the game. The animosity was building all year to a very dangerous level. The Broncos are just talking about how pissed they are with Wallace and I don't even see the Steelers giving them any bulletin board material in response. That should tell you all you need to know about the game.

It is going to be hard fought, but only because so much is at stake. But I don't expect dirty plays from either team. And definitely nothing close to the shit show we saw in Cincinnati.

All it takes is one stupid play, and we're at that level.

Hopefully it's a clean game.

Expecting consistency from Herr Goodell? :jnc That's a good one.

True. When Talib eye gouged, I expected a fine. He got suspended. I based this on all the shit Pacman got away with and most of which only resulted in fines.

Bowser

Yeah. It's interesting though, if I had to rank the top 5 head coaches in the game right now, it's probably 60% defensive guys:

Belichick
Carroll
Harbaugh
Arians
Rivera

^the above is just my opinion of who the top 5 are right now. Can certainly make a case of guys like Reid or McCarthy.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
I would guess he and DeFillippo will be the two guys most sought after as offensive coordinators. Seems like DeFillipo would be a good fit in STL if Fisher keeps his hands off the offense (which he won't)

Going to be awful lonely trying to go to work in St Louis.

bionic77

All it takes is one stupid play, and we're at that level.

Hopefully it's a clean game.
Its not going to happen.

That sort of shit is usually reserved for just the Ravens/Steelers. Everyone outside of the AFC North wants to win the game and a stupid PI can turn a win into a loss (just ask the Bungles if you don't believe me). For some reason the Bungles and Steelers decided to upgrade the thugfest that we normally see between the Steelers/Ravens into a straight up attempted murder.

At worst the game will be chippy. Both teams are in it to win it. No way either coach lets it get out of control.

Yeah. It's interesting though, if I had to rank the top 5 head coaches in the game right now, it's probably 60% defensive guys:

Belichick
Carroll
Harbaugh
Arians
Rivera

^the above is just my opinion of who the top 5 are right now. Can certainly make a case of guys like Reid or McCarthy.
Arians?

Bowser

Right now? Uh yeah, for sure. His record at Arizona is 34-14. He hasn't won less than 10 games in any of his 3 seasons and they've improved every year. He also went 9-3 as interim HC of the Colts. So his record since being pushed out of Pittsburgh is 43-17. He's won over 70% of his games as a HC. That's insane. He's definitely vaulted himself into the top 5 over the past few years.

bionic77

Right now? Uh yeah, for sure. His record at Arizona is 34-14. He hasn't won less than 10 games in any of his 3 seasons and they've improved every year. He also went 9-3 as interim HC of the Colts. So his record since being pushed out of Pittsburgh is 43-17. He's won over 70% of his games as a HC. That's insane. He's definitely vaulted himself into the top 5 over the past few years.
Yeah he is an elite coach if you just look at what he has accomplished with the talent and teams given to him.

But in terms of looks, fashion and media savvy he is pretty poor.

Jury is still out on this guy.

squicken

@bowser good point on the head coaches. But BB is very involved in the Pats offense. Pete may be as well but that seems to be hazier. Arians and Rivera would be the other top guys then after that flip a bunch of coins

Going to be awful lonely trying to go to work in St Louis.
haha good point, though I think they are staying in STL through the draft as far as HQ

BigAT

Remember when the Eagles hastily fired Chip a week before the season was over so that they could have a head start on everyone in the coaching search?

GDaHJeR.gif

Remember when the Eagles hastily fired Chip a week before the season was over so that they could have a head start on everyone in the coaching search?

GDaHJeR.gif

If they seriously hire Shurmur after all this...

Out of all the coaches... He was the ABSOLUTE worse out of all the previous occupants.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Back in like 96 or 97 my family was 1 number from winning 2 or 3 million

We won like $1200

That's my story, Jandro. Around 1995 my Pops got 4/5 numbers and the last number was 27 IIRC and he had 25.

He was doing OK before that and got a few grand out of it. Jackpot was around $4-5 Million for the California Super Lotto at the time.

Should be fun

qURVFWd.gif

I'd honestly feel sorry for Eagles-GAF... I don't know how that man seriously has a job in the NFL.. Let alone ANOTHER head coaching job.

They want Pederson. Sadly.

If they hire Shurmur...id be okay with though. It'd guarantee Bradford sticking around.

Then he can just be fired a year later.

As bad as this year was.. I watched EVERY browns game this season.

I had to turn it off during several game when Shurmur was there... It was that bad. He literally cannot do a single thing right.

Pepiope

If they seriously hire Shurmur after all this...

Out of all the coaches... He was the ABSOLUTE worse out of all the previous occupants.
They want Pederson. Sadly.

If they hire Shurmur...id be okay with though. It'd guarantee Bradford sticking around.

Then he can just be fired a year later.

MechDX

Anyone else excited for the Plants vs Zombies 2 open Beta this weekend? Loved the first game and this one looks really good

Mindlog

Anyone else excited for the Plants vs Zombies 2 open Beta this weekend? Loved the first game and this one looks really good
The first game was really underappreciated. I played the hell out of it. Might try the open beta, but I still have to start Witcher 3, have a bunch of stuff to take care of, some festivities to attend and a lot football to not watch.

Top Bottom