• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

So TC is going to have a 3rd interview with the Eagles, seems like they are trying to convince themselves at this point. I wonder what they are going to discuss the third time they talk. If he is the guy I wonder who his staff will be? I would love for him to keep Shurmur and leave the offense alone for the most part. I am really curious who he would get to be the DC.

Are the Niners close on hiring a HC? Jackson out, Coughlin might be an Eagle, Shanahan...., Kelly.....,

Brandon Tierny on CBS radio said today that they are really close to hiring Shanny. It is so funny that their GM is picking a much worse coach then Chip just because he is worried that he will lose his job at some point. Chip would have been a great hire for them. Shanny sucked with the Skins, Jay Gruden has done a much better job then him with that team.

bionic77

I am going to be very confused if McDaniels becomes the HC of the Pats next year and makes Tebow his starting qb.

Almost as confused as FMT would be if he was put to a choice of a naked Dadarrio of an in his prime Bowie.

I will? Ok I will

Lpffm5N.jpg

squicken

I had thought TEN for McD, but with their ownership stuff, idk

Mike Florio just said on the Zone that there were two pre-conditions for the Titans GM. First, accept Mularkey. Second, sign a favorable contract with no buyout that could be torn up in case the team was sold because the NFL is zeroing in on the Titans to change their ownership structure, possibly including litigation.
http://www.titansreport.com/topic/20984-jon-robinson-expected-to-be-named-gm/?page=18#comment-663765

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Bears denied the request from the Browns to interview someone named Joe Douglas for our "GM" position.

Probably going to see this happen a lot.

I am going to be very confused if McDaniels becomes the HC of the Pats next year and makes Tebow his starting qb.

Almost as confused as FMT would be if he was put to a choice of a naked Dadarrio of an in his prime Bowie.

Saw that San Andreas movie with Dadarrio in the plane.

Soooo fiiiinnnneeeee. Can't wait for Baywatch.

Yep, he is the fucking boss.

cj8ogkj.gif

8C3QQoz.gif

4aQIHZr.gif

8Wx9SrW.gif

Also, Deadspin linked to an ESPN piece on Cam and this bit was great:

During an interview with a team psychologist of an AFC North team at the combine, Newton was asked whether he sees himself more as a cat or a dog. When he suggested that the question was not relevant and that he saw himself more as a human being, he was immediately asked whether he had a problem with authority.

Dammit Browns.

Tom Nook

Brandon Tierny on CBS radio said today that they are really close to hiring Shanny. It is so funny that their GM is picking a much worse coach then Chip just because he is worried that he will lose his job at some point. Chip would have been a great hire for them. Shanny sucked with the Skins, Jay Gruden has done a much better job then him with that team.

Interesting, was Shanny responsible in drafting RG3? RG3 is available and Niners do need a QB....

kmag

So TC is going to have a 3rd interview with the Eagles, seems like they are trying to convince themselves at this point. I wonder what they are going to discuss the third time they talk. If he is the guy I wonder who his staff will be? I would love for him to keep Shurmur and leave the offense alone for the most part. I am really curious who he would get to be the DC.

Current Eagles DC, Billy Davis, was previously on Coughlin's staff at the Giants in Coughlin's first year. Davis was LB coach (with additional responsibilities for blitz planning). He only moved because SF offered him the DC position.

Coughlin could easily keep him.

DMczaf

During an interview with a team psychologist of an AFC North team at the combine, Newton was asked whether he sees himself more as a cat or a dog. When he suggested that the question was not relevant and that he saw himself more as a human being, he was immediately asked whether he had a problem with authority.

Did Cam have a dehumanizing tone in his voice or something?

Current Eagles DC, Billy Davis, was previously on Coughlin's staff at the Giants in Coughlin's first year. Davis was LB coach (with additional responsibilities for blitz planning). He only moved because SF offered him the DC position.

Coughlin could easily keep him.

I will fight you for even suggesting such a thing.

squicken

Interesting, was Shanny responsible in drafting RG3? RG3 is available and Niners do need a QB....

Snyder was the one that wanted RG3 (and Shanahan signed off on it). Shanahan was the one that wanted Kirk even though they had just given up all those picks for a QB

Godslay

Banned

Chip versus Shanahan?

Shanahan every time. You seem to forget that Gruden is working with the QB Shanahan drafted in the case that RGIII failed. Looked dumb at the time, but hey look at that it worked out.

Besides he's a proven commodity, sure most of his successes came from awhile back. Where Chip has no success whatsoever to speak of. If Shanahan's heart is in it he'll build a good team, that will be more sustainable than any of Chip's teams.

MechDX

Chip versus Shanahan?

Shanahan every time. You seem to forget that Gruden is working with the QB Shanahan drafted in the case that RGIII failed. Looked dumb at the time, but hey look at that it worked out.

Besides he's a proven commodity, sure most of his successes came from awhile back. Where Chip has no success whatsoever to speak of. If Shanahan's heart is in it he'll build a good team, that will be more sustainable than any of Chip's teams.

Brace yourselves.....Peopipe is coming

Man, fuck this team if that's true. What is this bullshit. This is how you become the browns.

Adams daughter doesnt want to own the team. I still feel they are in a waiting pattern for Peyton to retire and purchase it

http://news.yahoo.com/olivia-munn-hits-back-media-155523074.html

With the Packers having turned their season around and currently preparing to play in the NFC Divisional round, we can assume that it’s been a while since Olivia Munn has received significant blame for the way her boyfriend, quarterback Aaron Rodgers, has played. But when things weren’t going so well for Green Bay, that wasn’t exactly the case for the actress.

Guess they don't read NFL-Gaf

But, as she explains, Munn’s isn’t bothered by the idiots who choose to direct their frustrations at her online, but instead she is seriously irked by the mainstream media outlets that elect to give these Internet trolls attention by publishing their thoughts without even researching the source. Munn specifically brings up a serious ESPN piece that listed her as one of the reasons that Rodgers wasn’t performing as well as expected, one which caused her to let loose on Twitter.

I guess Munn does though,

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.

I can't agree with that. Plus we'll never know how much shannahan's hands were tied by snyder compared to Gruden.

Chip versus Shanahan?

The Redskins were terrible with Shanny, and win the division once he is gone. Chip has won the most games ever in the first 3 years for a guy with no prior experience, he also showed that he could do great things with any QB he is given. Foles, Sanchez, and Bradford all played better under Chip then they had before. I would take Chip every time over Shanny now.

MechDX

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 20m20 minutes ago
I'm trying to be more NFL-like and not fall in love with prospects...but @cj_wentz checks all the boxes for me.

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 4m4 minutes ago
Carson Wentz (@cj_wentz) vs. Northern Iowa is one of those "put the pen down" games. Has "it".

Im getting QB Lust but he wont fall to pick 22

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
The Redskins were terrible with Shanny, and win the division once he is gone. Chip has won the most games ever in the first 3 years for a guy with no prior experience, he also showed that he could do great things with any QB he is given. Foles, Sanchez, and Bradford all played better under Chip then they had before. I would take Chip every time over Shanny now.

They won the east with shanahan in more impressive fashion than they just did with Gruden.

"I was told that Derek Carr was an absolute non-starter as a draft pick for Texans & that's a full franchise failure" - @CharlesRobinson

— Lance Zierlein (@LanceZierlein) January 14, 2016

MechDX

What can I even say to this? You should be ashamed of your self line. Smh #WesternWasRight

You said you would take our Qb leftovers, you said you wanted them. You said #Bob

Where is Billy anyway? Heard a report on the radio yesterday that Kosar has been trying to contact him for days but Johnny won't return his calls.

They won the east with shanahan in more impressive fashion than they just did with Gruden.

They won the division that year because RGIII was amazing. Shanny's last year with Kirk was dreadful though. I just dont get picking a 63 year old Shanny over Chip. I think Chip is absolutely a better coach at this point in time. GMs are just afraid if he has success he will push them out, and owners dont like that he wont pretend that they are equals.

Godslay

Banned

They won the division in 2012 with Shanahan at the helm had a better record too, and had three bad years under him. Gruden is 50/50 so far.

Besides, the Redskins have been pretty terrible for the last 24 years. It's season after season of being around 0.500 or less with a few playoff appearances sprinkled in. In the last 24 years, they've been to the playoffs 6 times. The furthest they've gone is the Divisional.

If that doesn't tell you that something else is a problem then I don't know what will.

Chip didn't do great things with those QBs. They were mediocre to shit. Maybe Chip will be better down the road, but there is more to being a coach to just implementing your system. I don't think he's much of a leader of men, where Shanahan is beloved by most of his old players. Shanahan is just as good as Chip at building an offense, if not better. As GMs? I'd still take Shanahan because while made mistakes, he also built some decent teams and didn't trade off all the talent.

So X' & O's? A wash, but Shanny is proven.
Leadership? Shanahan by a long shot.
GM Role? Neither should have total control.
Best Tan? Shanahan.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
so a month and $3000 later, the stupid drainage plan is done. This has been fantastic. Talked to city's engineer and despite the fact that our house is not more than 20% of the land we're putting on it, essentially the reason i got we needed a drainage plan was "because reasons."

Two civil engineers later, both of which said we did not need a drainage plan. Engineer 1 did our structural on the house, read the "Design criteria" that the city themselves put out for engineers and responds to me and says not only do we not need a drainage plan, based on the city's own design criteria, he refused to do the work it based on that.

Engineer 2, is straight off the "recommended" list from the city, i call him explain the situation and ask if he has worked with the city before, he says yes and he also says based on what i've told him, we don't need a drainage plan. He says he knows the city's engineer and that he will contact him, city engineer is flaky as fuck and wont answer until continually being emailed and called and he doesnt really give an explanation to my engineer. Moreover my engineer tries to get him to commit to what would be acceptable to the city, and this guy is your typical engineer saying yes or no one word answers to questions that require a longer answer than yes or no. So we do the drainage plan, without any guidance from the city engineer.

City says don't even bother submitting the drainage plan until its approved by the county drainage district. And for the first time in this whole process i found someone that works for a government agency with a brain that can accurately articulate a thought that makes sense. He tells me that the drainage district couldnt give a rats ass about a single family residence's drainage plan. He offers to write me a letter of "Imposed no objection" i accept. He then tells me i dont know why City keeps doing that, we don't require to review drainage plans on single family residences.

Our engineer included in the plans our impervious cover, including a 300ft long gravel driveway to the house, the house, all the covered porches etc we are less than 5% of impervious cover on the 5 acres. So i still stand by my original statement a month ago, fuck city government.

My dad's situation is even worse dealing with a different county and Houston, he was down at the city talking to someone in the drainage department, and the dude tells him based on his lot he's going to need a detention pond.... the catch being the lot itself is like 55x55 at most, its in the city in a neighborhood, there is no where to put a pond, they couldnt even fit a pool if they wanted one. He clearly didnt know how to read the plan and didnt know what the hell he was talking about.

I'm thoroughly convinced based on my dad and I's separate anecdotal experiences and sorry if some of you work for the government but other people are giving you a bad name, that if you can't hack it in the private sector, you go to work for the government.

Im all for following rules and guidelines and my wife and i dont want to skirt and rules or obligations, but the frustrating part is no one can tell us why we need it, and what a good solution would be.

They won the division in 2012 with Shanahan at the helm had a better record too, and had three bad years under him. Gruden is 50/50 so far.

Besides, the Redskins have been pretty terrible for the last 24 years. It's season after season of being around 0.500 or less with a few playoff appearances sprinkled in. In the last 24 years, they've been to the playoffs 6 times. The furthest they've gone is the Divisional.

If that doesn't tell you that something else is a problem then I don't know what will.

Chip didn't do great things with those QBs. They were mediocre to shit. Maybe Chip will be better down the road, but there is more to being a coach to just implementing your system. I don't think he's much of a leader of men, where Shanahan is beloved by most of his old players. Shanahan is just as good as Chip at building an offense, if not better. As GMs? I'd still take Shanahan because while made mistakes, he also built some decent teams and didn't trade off all the talent.

So X' & O's? A wash, but Shanny is proven.
Leadership? Shanahan by a long shot.
GM Role? Neither should have total control.
Best Tan? Shanahan.

How is Chip not proven in terms of X and O's? His first 2 years Eagles had a top 5 offense, and if not for all the injuries to the OL would have been up their again this year. How many teams could possibly overcome losing both starting guards, and have the LT hurt the entire year, while also having the WRs lead the league in drops? I also dont get the notion that Chip isnt a leader of men? Just because he gets rid of jerks doesnt mean that the other guys didnt want to follow him. I know that Bradford has talked about him being the best coach he has been with, and I am sure that other guys liked him as well.

Yep, he is the fucking boss.

cj8ogkj.gif

8C3QQoz.gif

4aQIHZr.gif

8Wx9SrW.gif

Also, Deadspin linked to an ESPN piece on Cam and this bit was great:

Dammit Browns.

That is cool and please.. That was probably the Bungles.

Man, fuck this team if that's true. What is this bullshit. This is how you become the browns.

I'm sorry.

http://news.yahoo.com/olivia-munn-hits-back-media-155523074.html

Guess they don't read NFL-Gaf

I guess Munn does though,

Why would they read it. They need to keep their souls clean from this cesspool

MechDX

Texan's are going to release Foster.

Pretty big hit to Texan's salary cap too.

Kubes is on the phone right now.

Huh? Saves 6.5 million vs the cap vs 2+ to release him and 8 million to keep him.

But yes I can see Kubiak getting all hot and bothered. Wait until they release TE Garrett Graham. Kubes loves his Sconi tight ends.

8.) Miami Dolphins

*Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson

Lawson led college football in tackles for loss with 25.5, and Miami should add another edge rusher because Olivier Vernon is about to become extremely expensive if he can even be kept around as an unrestricted free agent. Lawson is just extremely consistent in his ability to beat tackles and makes plays.

Eh, I'd rather Jack

Line_HTX

What can I even say to this? You should be ashamed of your self line. Smh #WesternWasRight

You said you would take our Qb leftovers, you said you wanted them. You said #Bob

I'm sorry, BG. D:

Texan's are going to release Foster.

Pretty big hit to Texan's salary cap too.

Kubes is on the phone right now.

Where are you hearing this? Also, wouldn't be surprised. It did feel like his last season and there's no way we would have enough cap space to keep him.

Top Bottom