• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

Gigglepoo

Don't let these guys get you down. All better than Tomsula and there are no better candidates available until less you want McDermott.

I do wish the 49ers would have interviewed Sumlin and McDaniels.Did anyone interview Sumlin? It seems inevitable he's going to get a gig at some point.

The main question with Chip is does your owner need his ego stroked constantly. Will he get upset if Chip doesnt say him to him in the hallway, or come to his little office parties?

Yes, but I'm guessing Chip will learn to be slightly more cordial.

effzee

I think the Eagles interviewed less candidates than the Giants which is strange considering the timeline and the fact that McAdoo was supposedly always the front runner. (If you believe reports)

Lurie'sells reasons were BS.

Howie and Chip just couldn't get along and Chip's personnel moves not paying off right away did him in.

I bet Howie had informed Lurie that he was going to interview and try to land a GM spot somewhere else this off season. Eagles bad season gave Lurie the excuse to fire Chip and keep Howie.

effzee

Hahaha hope you are happy Lurie.

Hahaha what a terrible search by Lurie.

None of this makes any sense. Let's just hire Pederson and call it a day. Horrible.

Hue wants Ray Horton for his DC. Not sure if the Titans will allow that.

Good choice if he lands him. I'm hopeful for you a Browns-Gaf!

effzee

Coughlin probably met and talked to Howie and this time wasn't half asleep.

Keep sticking with Howie Jeff!

I can't wait for them to tell us how Pederson was always the #1 choice

Hahaha hope you are happy Lurie.

Hahaha what a terrible search by Lurie.

None of this makes any sense. Let's just hire Pederson and call it a day. Horrible.

What Lurie should have done was fire Chip with one game left in the season to get a head start on the coaching search, then they would have gotten their guy for sure.

I wish we could know what made TC turn it down after all these interviews.

Look on the bright side, your next head coaching candidate is already waiting in the lobby.

swaychip2.gif

;)

I'm still sort of shocked how the whole Chip firing process played out.

"I nutted but she still suckin"

I think Coughlin might have used this little tour to see if he indeed had anything left out there for him. I really hope that he takes an FO job with the Giants moving forward.

FTF

The Patriots front office and coaching staff is going to get gutted.

This playoff run really could be the actual last hurrah everyone's been predicting for the Pats for years. But I guess Brady still has a couple of good years left.

Draxal

I think Coughlin might have used this little tour to see if he indeed had anything left out there for him. I really hope that he takes an FO job with the Giants moving forward.

I honestly, kinda want to keep him away from player development.

I do think he was an instrumental reason in why we kept Diehl and Snee for so long, and I blame him 100% for BC's Andre Williams and Herzlich.

Bread bought Madden last year, Pats won* another illegitimate owl.

BG bought Madden, got Farmer fired.

Malalaw bought Madden, Payton is staying in Nawlins.

Kas said he would buy Madden but didn't, Megatron is going to retire and the Lions will struggle to get five wins a season again.

Mech didn't buy Madden, Mallett turned out to be worse than Weeden, JJ broke his hand jerking off and A-A-Ron Donald has taken his crown as best defensive player in the league.

Yankee didn't buy Madden, the revolution was brutally suppressed, Chip was fired and Gase will string them along for a while, raising their hopes before going "lol no", resulting in Lane Kiffin as the Eagles HC.

It's safe to say that whoever joins us on Xbone Madden will guarantee that their team raises the Lombardi trophy in a few weeks.

Yankee it's not too late to save the Eagles, you know what you have to do!

On the Eagles message board people are saying that Coughlin turned the job down over being told that he had to keep Shurmur as his OC. He wanted to pick his own staff.

Yankee it's not too late to save the Eagles, you know what you have to do!

Fuck you put this curse on us? I cant even pay my bills right now, no way can I afford any games. Sorry friend.

Draxal

On the Eagles message board people are saying that Coughlin turned the job down over being told that he had to keep Shurmur as his OC. He wanted to pick his own staff.

Yeah, you're not going to be able to dictate to a HOF caliber coach what's he going to do.

effzee

I do wish the 49ers would have interviewed Sumlin and McDaniels.Did anyone interview Sumlin? It seems inevitable he's going to get a gig at some point.

Yes, but I'm guessing Chip will learn to be slightly more cordial.

Eagles inquired about Sumlin but he said he is staying at the college level for now.

They wanted to interview but he turned it down.

Fuck you put this curse on us? I cant even pay my bills right now, no way can I afford any games. Sorry friend.

Don't blame me, it's the Madden curse, not the Boban curse. I think the rest of Eagles-GAF should chip in and buy you a copy of the game, otherwise it proves that they don't really love the team.

Hope the thing about Shurmur isn't true, if he is staying next season then things are going to get even worse :/

effzee

On the Eagles message board people are saying that Coughlin turned the job down over being told that he had to keep Shurmur as his OC. He wanted to pick his own staff..

I see on twitter reports that Duce might have been the one Lurie and Howie want as an OC no matter who is coach.

So basically they want a new coach who is nice, likes or works with Howie, doesn't want personnel say, keeps the current assistants, and is Reid 2.0.

That disqualifies any and all serious candidates.

Leaves only Shurmur and Pederson. Pederson would keep Shurmur. They got along during their time under Reid in Philly.

HAHAAH what a joke of a search!

Hindl

He liked Tannehill too, I wouldn't have minded him and Kyle coming to Miami.

This is like Miami was last year, I'm sorry friend.

At least we have good cheerleaders ;_;

I think the Eagles interviewed less candidates than the Giants which is strange considering the timeline and the fact that McAdoo was supposedly always the front runner. (If you believe reports)

The coaching search has been pathetic. I think Lurie wanted Shurmur the whole time. Or Pederson

I don't think he would've worked, but goddamn is this coach search awful

MechDX

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 19s20 seconds ago
With Tom Coughlin out of the picture, the Eagles now are expected to pursue Chiefs OC Doug Pederson as their next head coach, per source.

Its happening!!

effzee

Yeah, you're not going to be able to dictate to a HOF caliber coach what's he going to do.

Except isn't that what the Giants did when they forced Fewell and Gilbride to leave and then forced McAdoo on him.

I bet Tom wanted to bring Gilbride with him and Eagles said no either Shurmur or Duce is OC.

How in the world do they expect a real candidate to accept a GM no one gets along with, previous coaches's assistants (esp since they also worked with Reid), and then expect to succeed?

This really is the Eagles version of Tomsula. 3-13 here we come.

Top Bottom