• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

15.) Los Angeles Rams

*Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis

The Rams are arguably at square one at the QB position, which is a shame given the talent elsewhere on the roster. Do I think Lynch is a Week 1 starter? Absolutely not. Do I think he has significant upside and would be a potential starter in Year 2 with a roster still on the rise? Sure. St. Louis will have their eyes open in free agency and the trade market for immediate help, but Lynch could be the future.

sdtrs.gif

MechDX

Where are you hearing this? Also, wouldn't be surprised. It did feel like his last season and there's no way we would have enough cap space to keep him.

Texans have plenty of cap space when the new league year starts. $124 million vs a cap of $153. With a few reasonable cuts they can be at 50 million under if need be. benefit of being a young team. Even paying Hopkins and resigning Ben Jones and Brandon Brooks on the o line they will still be in good shape

MechDX

Keep foster

30 year old running back coming off a torn achilles and with a history of recent injuries for $8 million dollars? No, just no.

cant think with your heart. I loved Foster and he has been under appreciated for what he does but you have to move on

Jesus christ I will cry if the Eagles go DL in the 1st. This is the time to reach for need, have to get OL help and lots of it. At the least they need 2 new guards, but they also should try and get a RT so that they can cut Peters and slide Lane over. Hell they should even consider center if someone falls to them late in the draft.

Considering OL is probably their greatest need, I agree. But is it really a reach when they have a tackle mocked to go in the very next pick? But I wouldn't cut Peters. I'd restructure and let the new guy take a year at guard or something.

Hindl

Eagles - 13:
"Robert Nkemdiche, DL, Ole Miss - Whether Nkemdiche is a great fit in Philly depends a little bit on what kind of system the new coaching staff will want to run, but with Cedric Thornton an unrestricted free agent, they'd be wise to add another talented piece to the D-line puzzle to take some pressure off Fletcher Cox, who has turned into an absolute star. Nkemdiche has that potential -- he's a top-5 talent, really -- but will need to maintain his focus off the field."

I'd prefer to trade back if Stanley or Treadwell isn't on the board to recoup a 2nd round pick, but if we can't I'd be alright with this. Would obviously prefer Deforest Buckner, but I'd be down for Rob. If he can straighten his shit out, him and Fletcher Cox would be monstrous, especially if we switch to a 4-3. Combine that with Thornton and Curry both going to FA and we won't be able to bring both back, and I'd be alright with solidifying our line.

Jesus christ I will cry if the Eagles go DL in the 1st. This is the time to reach for need, have to get OL help and lots of it. At the least they need 2 new guards, but they also should try and get a RT so that they can cut Peters and slide Lane over. Hell they should even consider center if someone falls to them late in the draft.

There's plenty of Guards available in FA, and a lot of O Line talent will be available later in the draft. Although we don't have a 2nd, we have 9 picks overall. We can package them up for some extra picks in early rounds too. I think we can go BPA in the 1st and focus on the line in later rounds. Nkemdiche has potential to be a crazy good DE. I'd rather bulk up the DL then reach for a tackle we could have later

jakncoke

Banned

I hope you draft Austin Johnson ;)

Godslay

Banned
How is Chip not proven in terms of X and O's? His first 2 years Eagles had a top 5 offense, and if not for all the injuries to the OL would have been up their again this year. How many teams could possibly overcome losing both starting guards, and have the LT hurt the entire year, while also having the WRs lead the league in drops? I also dont get the notion that Chip isnt a leader of men? Just because he gets rid of jerks doesnt mean that the other guys didnt want to follow him. I know that Bradford has talked about him being the best coach he has been with, and I am sure that other guys liked him as well.

I didn't say he wasn't well versed in X's & O's if you read more closely. If you're at this level, you most certainly are. Point was, you can't really use Chip's genius X & O level as a hiring point because Shanahan is just as good if not better and has been for longer.

Injury excuses are valid, but that happens to teams all the time. So you could apply the same thing to Shanahan if you wanted to.

Shanahan's offenses are proven, in the 27 years he's been a coach including as OC he's put together 17 seasons where they are Top 10 in points, and 9 of those seasons were Top 5 for points. Where Chip put together a decent O for a couple seasons, but pretty shitty teams overall.

The notion of not being a leader of men is from all the reports where ex and current players taking issue with the way he handled them. Williams, Jackson, McCoy, Mathis, Peters, Murray, and even Lurie himself didn't believe that he could lead men and that's where the "emotional intelligence" quote comes into play.

He might be good somewhere, sometime down the road as no person is static and can grow, but I don't have a lot of faith in him from what I've seen.

Huh? Saves 6.5 million vs the cap vs 2+ to release him and 8 million to keep him.

But yes I can see Kubiak getting all hot and bothered. Wait until they release TE Garrett Graham. Kubes loves his Sconi tight ends.

They had it mixed up on the radio. Said $8M hit.

jbug617

Banned
Synthetic Weed is no joke.

Foxborough police just released details involving incident with Chandler Jones. Confirmed that Jones arrived "shirtless" to police station.

"Without warning or provocation" Chandler Jones got down on his knees and placed hands behind head - Foxborough Police Dept. @GlobeMetro

Officer notes that Jones looked like he was "actively worshiping or praying" in front of police station, shirtless, per docs released by PD

Again, Foxborough PD notes it was a medical emergency, not a crime. Though they smelled burnt weed at his house.

Of note: Documents released say Jones kept repeating that he had "been told" to come to police station. By who? No one knows.

jmdajr

so a month and $3000 later, the stupid drainage plan is done. This has been fantastic. Talked to city's engineer and despite the fact that our house is not more than 20% of the land we're putting on it, essentially the reason i got we needed a drainage plan was "because reasons."

Two civil engineers later, both of which said we did not need a drainage plan. Engineer 1 did our structural on the house, read the "Design criteria" that the city themselves put out for engineers and responds to me and says not only do we not need a drainage plan, based on the city's own design criteria, he refused to do the work it based on that.

Engineer 2, is straight off the "recommended" list from the city, i call him explain the situation and ask if he has worked with the city before, he says yes and he also says based on what i've told him, we don't need a drainage plan. He says he knows the city's engineer and that he will contact him, city engineer is flaky as fuck and wont answer until continually being emailed and called and he doesnt really give an explanation to my engineer. Moreover my engineer tries to get him to commit to what would be acceptable to the city, and this guy is your typical engineer saying yes or no one word answers to questions that require a longer answer than yes or no. So we do the drainage plan, without any guidance from the city engineer.

City says don't even bother submitting the drainage plan until its approved by the county drainage district. And for the first time in this whole process i found someone that works for a government agency with a brain that can accurately articulate a thought that makes sense. He tells me that the drainage district couldnt give a rats ass about a single family residence's drainage plan. He offers to write me a letter of "Imposed no objection" i accept. He then tells me i dont know why City keeps doing that, we don't require to review drainage plans on single family residences.

Our engineer included in the plans our impervious cover, including a 300ft long gravel driveway to the house, the house, all the covered porches etc we are less than 5% of impervious cover on the 5 acres. So i still stand by my original statement a month ago, fuck city government.

My dad's situation is even worse dealing with a different county and Houston, he was down at the city talking to someone in the drainage department, and the dude tells him based on his lot he's going to need a detention pond.... the catch being the lot itself is like 55x55 at most, its in the city in a neighborhood, there is no where to put a pond, they couldnt even fit a pool if they wanted one. He clearly didnt know how to read the plan and didnt know what the hell he was talking about.

I'm thoroughly convinced based on my dad and I's separate anecdotal experiences and sorry if some of you work for the government but other people are giving you a bad name, that if you can't hack it in the private sector, you go to work for the government.

Im all for following rules and guidelines and my wife and i dont want to skirt and rules or obligations, but the frustrating part is no one can tell us why we need it, and what a good solution would be.

FUN!

Well at least it's "fixed."

I'd be so pissed. I don't know how high I would escalate the issue. But yeah that's total bullshit.
Retention what for a 55x55 house?

We recently has to make sure our mortgage company was paying our taxes. We called and asked why the money wasn't being taken out. They said it was because we had to pay the taxes on our own.

errrrrrrrrrrrr? then why the fuck do we have an escrow account to begin with?

People complain about lack of jobs, but the one's filled are done by morons. Sometimes I don't even know how the world actually functions. It's amazing really. So much stuff you learn is because the person who is supposed to do task a/b/c, is doing it wrong. That's life I guess. Fixing fuck ups.

MechDX

49ers expected to choose between Chip Kelly and Mike Shanahan for their next HC, per league sources. Decision likely within next 24 hours.

Schefter

effzee

So TC is going to have a 3rd interview with the Eagles, seems like they are trying to convince themselves at this point. I wonder what they are going to discuss the third time they talk. If he is the guy I wonder who his staff will be? I would love for him to keep Shurmur and leave the offense alone for the most part. I am really curious who he would get to be the DC.

He is having a 3rd interview cause he probably forgot the first 2 already took place

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
30 year old running back coming off a torn achilles and with a history of recent injuries for $8 million dollars? No, just no.

cant think with your heart. I loved Foster and he has been under appreciated for what he does but you have to move on

I am sorry, but at this point we have to get another solid running back.

And fucking throw Alfred Blue out onto Kirby.

; ;

Hindl

Edit: posted

Eagles really going to get shut out. Seems like McDaniels is the fav for the Tirans.

This shit is making me hate Lurie. He says he fired Chip early to get a head start on the hiring process, and now everyone else is taken up already even though we started the search early. This coach search has been awful, and we're gonna trash until Lurie completely cleans house, which means throwing our next coach under the bus and ruining the prime years of some of our best players

squicken

*shirtless*

Pats probably told him to go the police department so they could get everything documented. I will not be stunned when he signs a below market deal

No RG3 was forced onto Shanny. He wanted Cousins from the start.

He liked Tannehill too, I wouldn't have minded him and Kyle coming to Miami.

This shit is making me hate Lurie. He says he fired Chip early to get a head start on the hiring process, and now everyone else is taken up already even though we started the search early. This coach search has been awful, and we're gonna trash until Lurie completely cleans house, which means throwing our next coach under the bus and ruining the prime years of some of our best players

This is like Miami was last year, I'm sorry friend.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 7m7 minutes ago

49ers expected to choose between Chip Kelly and Mike Shanahan for their next HC, per league sources. Decision likely within next 24 hours.

RIPFMT

squicken

Chip is the better choice, but I'm not even sure Kaep will still be there, or want to be there. No way will he agree to a pay cut

I think I want Chip. Sure, there's a chance it could end horribly, but he has the higher upside.

I just can't see either guy playing nice with Baalke. And hiring Chip is hiring his whole system. All the sports science stuff and his large staff. As far as I have ever heard, the Yorks are pretty cheap

effzee

I think I want Chip. Sure, there's a chance it could end horribly, but he has the higher upside.

Younger, driven, and might be able to turn Kaep into what he was his first 2 seasons.

Whereas with Shanny no way Kaep is kept. If Shanahan is hired I bet they make a run at Cousins.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I would keep Foster if he would be willing to take a MASSIVE pay cut. He's a different cat, so he may, he may not. But thats the only way. Even still they need to be drafting one or two this year and or undrafted free agents

FUN!

Well at least it's "fixed."

I'd be so pissed. I don't know how high I would escalate the issue. But yeah that's total bullshit.
Retention what for a 55x55 house?

We recently has to make sure our mortgage company was paying our taxes. We called and asked why the money wasn't being taken out. They said it was because we had to pay the taxes on our own.

errrrrrrrrrrrr? then why the fuck do we have an escrow account to begin with?

People complain about lack of jobs, but the one's filled are done by morons. Sometimes I don't even know how the world actually functions. It's amazing really. So much stuff you learn is because the person who is supposed to do task a/b/c, is doing it wrong. That's life I guess. Fixing fuck ups.
Well his lot is 55x55 the house is 40x40, which leaves 15 feet or so each side, in other words theres literally no way to put in a pond. A detention pond is one of those things you see around houston, if you drive past a huge building next to a field you'll likely see a area thats just grass but goes below ground elevation, that is a detention pond. The idea being the water goes somewhere while raining and then drains off to a bayou or creek afterwards.

Yea banks want you to escrow your taxes, its annoying. We just do it ourselves. My wife has super attention to detail so she handles it.

I think the Eagles interviewed less candidates than the Giants which is strange considering the timeline and the fact that McAdoo was supposedly always the front runner. (If you believe reports)

Maybe the 49ers can hire Chip and the Eagles can hire Tomsula.

Make it happen Philly!

Man this really is the meanest thread on gaf. You guys are jerks!

I think the Eagles interviewed less candidates than the Giants which is strange considering the timeline and the fact that McAdoo was suppedly always the front runner.

Eagles have interviewed:

Duce
Gase
TC
McAdoo
Shurmur
Pederson

It is just that the 2 guys they wanted took other jobs.

effzee

Chip is the better choice, but I'm not even sure Kaep will still be there, or want to be there. No way will he agree to a pay cut

I just can't see either guy playing nice with Baalke. And hiring Chip is hiring his whole system. All the sports science stuff and his large staff. As far as I have ever heard, the Yorks are pretty cheap

Keep in mind 49ers in damage control PR mode plus Tom Gamble is a Chip guy.

But watch it be Shanahan.

Gigglepoo

They've at least gotten better in that regard. When York took over, he charged players for stamps and Gatoraid.

Chip is a commitment but he's worth it. Plus, we won't have to draft a QB (Kaepernick can be salvaged!), will become instantly relevant, and be fun to watch. What's the downside? If he fails, we'll be no worse off than we are right now.

effzee

They've at least gotten better in that regard. When York took over, he charged players for stamps and Gatoraid.

Chip is a commitment but he's worth it. Plus, we won't have to draft a QB (Kaepernick can be salvaged!), will become instantly relevant, and be fun to watch. What's the downside? If he fails, we'll be no worse off than we are right now.

Don't let these guys get you down. All better than Tomsula and there are no better candidates available until less you want McDermott.

The main question with Chip is does your owner need his ego stroked constantly. Will he get upset if Chip doesnt say him to him in the hallway, or come to his little office parties?

Top Bottom