• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

Except isn't that what the Giants did when they forced Fewell and Gilbride to leave and then forced McAdoo on him.

I bet Tom wanted to bring Gilbride with him and Eagles said no either Shurmur or Duce is OC.

How in the world do they expect a real candidate to accept a GM no one gets along with, previous coaches's assistants (esp since they also worked with Reid), and then expect to succeed?

This really is the Eagles version of Tomsula. 3-13 here we come.
Giants didn't force McAdoo on Coughlin. Biggest horeshit story that's trodded around for years. Coughlin could have hired Sullivan if wanted comfort. He wanted to shake the offense up. He could have hired any DC he wanted as well. He chose Spags.

effzee

It must feel good to be Doug right now. 3 fucking people ahead of him have turned the job down. Nothing like settling for your 4th choice.

They can't announce him until the Chiefs are eliminated right?

By the same token they could possibly look at more coaches/assistants from playoff teams and get rejected by whole new round of candidates before finally settling on Pederson.

Dan Graziano ‏@DanGrazianoESPN 3m3 minutes ago
Was told Coughlin had concerns about Eagles job, including who the OC would be. Not surprised he pulled out.

gutshot

It must feel good to be Doug right now. 3 fucking people ahead of him have turned the job down. Nothing like settling for your 4th choice.

You guys take these reports way too seriously. They are all coming from agents, who of course want to make it look like their clients are in high demand. The Eagles FO leaks nothing. And I'm quite convinced they've wanted Pederson all along. Everything else was information gathering, smokescreens and 'good ole boy' network favors.

They can't announce him until the Chiefs are eliminated right?

By the same token they could possibly look at more coaches/assistants from playoff teams and get rejected by whole new round of candidates before finally settling on Pederson.

Yep. If KC makes the SB they wont be able to hire him until Feb 9th. That would be almost 2 months after they fired Chip. Good thing that got that early start.

effzee

Giants didn't force McAdoo on Coughlin. Biggest horeshit story that's trodded around for years. Coughlin could have hired Sullivan if wanted comfort. He wanted to shake the offense up. He could have hired any DC he wanted as well. He chose Spags.

Well I know he didn't want to let go of Gilbride.

Overall refuting that he wouldn't give in or couldn't be treated as such.

I feel like everyone is the Browns in this years coaching search, except the actual Browns.
aWJz0dqe_700w_0.jpg

You guys take these reports way too seriously. They are all coming from agents, who of course want to make it look like their clients are in high demand. The Eagles FO leaks nothing. And I'm quite convinced they've wanted Pederson all along. Everything else was information gathering, smokescreens and 'good ole boy' network favors.

They brought in TC for 3 interviews as a smokescreen? or a favor?

effzee

So they didn't interview Gase for 8 hours and had an offer ready? Then they didn't look ready to move in on McAdoo only for him to return to the Giants? Coughlin didn't meet again with them?

While I admit some of the reporting is BS and its quite easy to link candidates to openings and pass them off as reports, there are far too many reports and people who are trusted reporting on these issues for it to be just 1 big smokescreen.

Pretty obvious Eagles aren't a desired HC position considering the conditions Lurie and Howie have in place.

Well I know he didn't want to let go of Gilbride.

Overall refuting that he wouldn't give in or couldn't be treated as such.
Coughlin walking refutes the notion that he was going to be dictated to in terms of who his OC was going to be. Ship has sailed now.

eznark

Banned
So they didn't interview Gase for 8 hours and had an offer ready? Then they didn't look ready to move in on McAdoo only for him to return to the Giants? Coughlin didn't meet again with them?

While I admit some of the reporting is BS and its quite easy to link candidates to openings and pass them off as reports, there are far too many reports and people who are trusted reporting on these issues for it to be just 1 big smokescreen.

Pretty obvious Eagles aren't a desired HC position considering the conditions Lurie and Howie have in place.

I don't think mcadoo had any intention of leaving

I feel like everyone is the Browns in this years coaching search, except the actual Browns.

It feels really weird.. That somehow we might have won the coaching search.

I hope we don't fuck this up.. Why if we could build on this.. It might make me believe in football gods again BG.

And might help stop me from cheering for New England.

Might..

Jeff McLane ‏@Jeff_McLane 1m1 minute ago
As I wrote earlier, there were major obstacles to Tom Coughlin taking #Eagles job - assistants, personnel responsibilities, among others.

Not only did he not want his assistants picked for him, he didnt want an accountant as his GM. TC sure is smart for an old guy.

It feels really weird.. That somehow we might have won the coaching search.

I hope we don't fuck this up.. Why if we could build on this.. It might make me believe in football gods again BG.

And might help stop me from cheering for New England.

Might..
Going into the offseason one thing I thought that might help us was securing a top pick. High enough to pretty much get the player you desire

Hunter S.

Synthetic Weed is no joke.

Having actually read more up on this, the claim is that many of the cannabinoids in the drugs are much stronger than THC (the main psychoactive ingredient in marijuana). Much like how synthetic opiates can be stronger than opium , or heroin. Hence part of the reason why they are made and used. With it being stronger and made under very, very questionable means in terms of safety. It is not surprising people have harsher reactions than marijuana. Like extreme anxiety, paranoia and much stronger hallucinations. That does not even count the fact that these street drugs will often be made of very non-pure forms of the intended product/drug. Tons of bad chemicals that are just plain toxic. A very dangerous thing indeed.

gutshot

They brought in TC for 3 interviews as a smokescreen? or a favor?

Information gathering. Coughlin was beloved as a coach and had a great culture in the locker room. You don't think that Lurie would be interested in hearing what he had to say?

Again, who are all these reports coming from? The agents. How are these reports to be trusted when we know that it benefits their client to say the interview was really long, or went very well, or that the team is preparing an offer, etc.? The Eagles don't say how long the interviews last for or whether they have an offer ready or not. The agents leak that. So I take all of it with a huge grain of salt.

Going into the offseason one thing I thought that might help us was securing a top pick. High enough to pretty much get the player you desire

Goff or Lynch.. That is the question..

If Jerruh wanted to give us a 5th or 6th for Manziel at this point.. I would take it. Anything above that would be excellent to me.

I think it's officially safe to say that the Philadelphia Eagles will never win a Super Bowl.

Think positively philly phanatic.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Best fit for Kelly, outside of the Titans. No expectations, can blow up the roster and bring in Kelly guys, aka caucasians, and no one will care!

gutshot

Switching QB's gives him at least two more seasons. 2015 can be a "hey, new QB new system give it time!" year now. Chip is a genius career preservationist. If 2015 goes poorly I am willing to guarantee he takes a college job after the season.

Oops.

JCizzle

Fuck yes the revolution has arrived in SF!!!!

I'm actually legit excited about this for some reason even though I know I shouldn't be. So much better than Tomsula

Top Bottom