• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

Gigglepoo

No way he even considers Philly. I said it before, Patriots coaches look for Bill's approval when they leave.

Bill and Chip are super close and Bill took some shots at Lurie when Chip was fired. If Josh listens to him for advice, no way he considers the Eagles.

Well, you're right about that. I do think there's truth in the rumblings that McDaniels will succeed Bill when he retires. That's probably the smartest thing he could do.

Did....people watch Colin Kaepernick the last two years?

Did you watch him the two years before that?

bionic77

Ben's quotes are all the worst.

He would never admit the other guy was dirty or that the Steelers are going to ever win.

He purposefully keeps his quotes vanilla and generally they are stupid. Probably because of how he would get burned in the past for saying crazy shit. Love that local media.

For the record Burficts hit was legal but I would wager he was trying to fuck up Ben in retaliation. The Cincy crowd was angrier than a Trump rally at that point. Whatever. I have been over the Bungles for 20 years. Not worried about them or their classless fans.

No way he even considers Philly. I said it before, Patriots coaches look for Bill's approval when they leave.

Bill and Chip are super close and Bill took some shots at Lurie when Chip was fired. If Josh listens to him for advice, no way he considers the Eagles.

Frankly I don't think Belichick is petty enough for that to even be a consideration. He's going to tell his guy not to leave because he wants to keep talented people working for him, not because of some nebulous relationship with another coach. McDaniels will go wherever the best career move for him is, which one would think is a head coaching job. It's not like he can't go back to NE when Belichick retires.

Line_HTX

Stalker. I have all my social media private, maybe just paranoid but I'm applying for jobs and stuff. Not that's there's anything bad up. Just made it private instead of deleting it, if you can't tell I barely use it anyway.

Ahh, okay. Percautionary reasons, I understand.

Oh, I could tell alright. Yours and Kave's are weak game.

;P

Belichick's presser today...

When ESPN’s intrepid Mike Reiss asked if Jones might perhaps be punished (Wes Welker was once benched for the start of a playoff game after making foot jokes about Rex Ryan), Belichick answered, “Well, we’ll find out on Saturday. I could just Xerox you a copy of the game plan and you can send it over to Kansas City. That might be easier for all of us.’’

“I’ve already covered this.’’

“I just answered a question.’’

“I mean, are there any more questions about the Chiefs here? The rest of it, I’m done talking about it. We issued a statement, that’s it.’’

effzee

I mean, Chip already clashed with his last GM. Balke already clashed with their last coach (Tomsula does not count). Add in Kaepernick and York.....

I'm hyped for the upcoming trainwreck.

Except train-wreck in Philly started when GM who didn't get along with Chip fired Tom Gamble.

Tom Gamble is in the FO in SF now and responsible for bringing Chip to SF.

I am kind of shocked how easily everyone dismisses any and all success Chip has ever had and his one, only 1 bad season!, is what he is.

BTW what beef does Kaep and 49ers FO have?

Crisco

Banned
I don't see much difference between what Chip's trying to do and what the Colts were doing in Manning's heyday. None stop hurry up offense, in the no huddle out of the shotgun with a single back. The goal of that offense was to wear down the defense as well and force simple mental errors that Manning would exploit. The difference is Chip hasn't gotten a QB who can really run that offense well and has to dumb down the playbook significantly while relying on inferior talent to make plays. Manning and Edgerrin James were a nasty duo back there, Bradford and Murray weren't.Maybe Kaepernick can be the guy he needs, but its more about decision making, timing, and accuracy than athleticism.

effzee

Frankly I don't think Belichick is petty enough for that to even be a consideration. He's going to tell his guy not to leave because he wants to keep talented people working for him, not because of some nebulous relationship with another coach. McDaniels will go wherever the best career move for him is, which one would think is a head coaching job. It's not like he can't go back to NE when Belichick retires.

You don't remember him throwing a hissy fit when Mangini left against his wishes to coach the Jets?

Its basically how we ever even found out about spygate and their cheating ways. Trust me he is plenty petty. Don't also forget they took shots at Lurie and Eagles cause during this past off season Lurie made some remarks during the deflategate scandal about how he always wondered about the 2004 SB and what if....

I just don't see it.

BTW what beef does Kaep and 49ers FO have?

They basically leaked rumors to the press that he had lost the locker room/didn't possess leadership abilities/was a bit of a loner in the locker room (Turns out it was Paraag Marathe- the guy that negotiates their contracts). There were also rumors that Kap signed such a team friendly deal because of his loyalty towards the franchise.

squicken

My guess is Kaep won't be the QB. Chip hated Foles b/c he made decisions too slowly. I hope they sign JFF to a minimum salary deal with the understanding he gets cut at the first fuckup

effzee

I don't see much difference between what Chip's trying to do and what the Colts were doing in Manning's heyday. None stop hurry up offense, in the no huddle out of the shotgun with a single back. The goal of that offense was to wear down the defense as well and force simple mental errors that Manning would exploit. The difference is Chip hasn't gotten a QB who can really run that offense well and has to dumb down the playbook significantly while relying on inferior talent to make plays. Manning and Edgerrin James were a nasty duo back there, Bradford and Murray weren't.Maybe Kaepernick can be the guy he needs, but its more about decision making, timing, and accuracy than athleticism.

This guy gets it. And if they do try to move on from Kaep don't be surprised if Bradford is in consideration again.

While I am not sold on Bradford as much as some other Eagles fans, he did have a much better 2nd half of the season. He credited that too finally grasping what Chip wanted him to do and getting comfortable with the offense.

Bradford himself might want to look to continue that rather than learning a new system under a new coach in Philly. Which seemingly he has had to do every year in the league.

Doomsayer

Yes, he has gotten worse every year he has been in the league, as he has been asked to do more. Is that a selling point?

I feel like this season was a wash, no one was going to succeed under the circumstances, especially on our offense. Though Gabbert being a pretty significant upgrade speaks volumes about where Kap is mentally right now. I'm sure the injuries (he had 3 surgeries) played a significant role but he has been on a downward trend ever since the NFC Championship game against Seattle.

Will he ever go back to that form? Probably not. I still don't think he's as bad as these past two years have shown though. 2014 had the internal struggles within the organization between Baalke and Harbaugh as well as all the trade rumors. This year was doomed from the start, I'm fine with giving him one more year, but we should still draft a QB.

eznark

Banned
49ers have to be pretty great in terms of cap space, they have zero talent on their roster. I assume they can easily eat Kap's contract. I doubt money will play into it at all.

Godslay

Banned
9ers have tons of cap room for 16. They aren't cutting Kap if they just hired Chip.

Seems like the numbers favor him staying this year.

Beyond that, Kap really has to play well for them not to cut him because his salary goes way up and his dead cap slides down.

Bowser

49ers have to be pretty great in terms of cap space, they have zero talent on their roster. I assume they can easily eat Kap's contract. I doubt money will play into it at all.

They've got $53.5m in cap space for 2016. Cutting Kap saves them $8.5m, but given the gobs of cap space they have anyway, I'd hang on to him and see if Chip can rehabilitate him at all.

Doomsayer

We have tons of cap space.

Btw, fuck Trent Baalke. I remember two years ago being "one of the most talented teams in the league." Now, we really have nothing at any position.

HawkeyeIC

Seems like the numbers favor him staying this year.

Beyond that, Kap really has to play well for them not to cut him because his salary goes way up and his dead cap slides down.

Yea, I mean he's only got 1 year to show he can do it, but getting rid of him now is crazy talk and I can't believe it's even being discussed. Keep Kap and Gabbert, maybe draft a QB and see how the season plays out.

LevelNth

Banned
The offensive side has a few potentials, but it is definitely in need of a massive influx. Defensively the team is really young but has quite a few players that continued to improve this season, and I think will impress next year.

Niners have roughly $50m I think now that all the retirements are washed.

Hunter S.

jim-mora-playoffs-o.gif

Fuck the Chefs, Patriots and Steelers.

Ben says the Steelers got "Lucky" beating the Broncos. he is obviously an honest and truthful dude.
except when it involves his penis

HawkeyeIC

We have tons of cap space.

Btw, fuck Trent Baalke. I remember two years ago being "one of the most talented teams in the league." Now, we really have nothing at any position.

To be fair, the team really got screwed with Davis (is he still thinking of coming back) and Borland retiring. Two of the teams worst players this year were their replacements.

Tons of needs though: WR, OL, TE, OLB

Top Bottom