• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

effzee

The fake Revolution has come to the NFC Best! Still surprised he didn't push extra hard for TEN. What QB does he think he can work with on SF's roster? Kap? JNC!

He does tend to get crapped on more for what is actually his GM failures but it doesn't change the fact that the locker room turned on him. Hard to trust the guy in any capacity but if he can turn around the Niner dumpster fire, be sure that he'll finally get respect. Unfortunately for him, Tomsula was set up to fail and still got canned after one season. How long does Chip last there? Granted, a profile like Chip would get more credence than Tomsula and there could be other factors that led to sula's firing but certainly doesn't look like a great opportunity.

49ers won't fire Chip after 1 season and he won't be in charge of personnel even-though obviously he will have a voice and an advocate there.

Chip also won't catch anybody in the league off guard like he did his first season with the Eagles. But I honestly do think he is a smart coach and he will figure how to make it work.

Now this is a (the?) big question. His assistants in Philly seemed pretty meh.

Billy Davis is/was garbage but to Chip's credit he didn't bring all his Oregon staff or just college staff. Healthy mix of college and NFL lifer long coaches made up the Eagles staff.

effzee

I didn't know Carlos Hyde had character issues...

How's this year's QB class anyways? I don't know much about any prospect other than Goff (who isn't exactly a blue chipper either).

Considering the QBs on the roster plus lack of cap hell, Chip could want to keep Kaep and still draft someone like Wentz.

Not bad to find the answer at QB.

eznark

Banned
Sure. Kap got his money right away so it all works out. A portion of which the agent got right away too. The more they can convert into signing bonuses the better because it's pretty much guaranteed money for the player. Cash in hand essentially. The team gets the benefit of spreading it out over the years of the contract for cap purposes, but it can also burn them if they don't keep him around.

No, what I am saying is that it appears that part of his 2016 salary become signing bonus payout. I.E if Kaep were to stay with the 49ers all of 2016 he gets paid $15.9m and is owed another $2.5m in 2017 and 2018. So his total payout would be a little over $20m.

However, if they cut him on June 1st (of any year) the remaining signing bonus owed is paid out of his salary. It's effectively not just cutting him, but also reducing the amount they already agreed to pay him over the life of the contract. They found a way to "unguarantee" guaranteed money.

You're in luck I'm writing a book about how the NFL is rigged and Goodell hates the Cleve. Preorder now

Already did

B9aTZIj.jpg

49ers won't fire Chip after 1 season and he won't be in charge of personnel even-though obviously he will have a voice and an advocate there.

Chip also won't catch anybody in the league off guard like he did his first season with the Eagles. But I honestly do think he is a smart coach and he will figure how to make it work.

Billy Davis is/was garbage but to Chip's credit he didn't bring all his Oregon staff or just college staff. Healthy mix of college and NFL lifer long coaches made up the Eagles staff.

I agree that he'll get more than one season, probably only two but MAYBE three if the seasons play out as I expect for them. I don't know that he'll be prevented from making roster decisions on that team...we shall see. What I do know is that they are seriously lacking talent and have tons of holes so not a good position for him to make things work.

Considering the QBs on the roster plus lack of cap hell, Chip could want to keep Kaep and still draft someone like Wentz.

Not bad to find the answer at QB.

I'm pretty sure Baalke will draft a QB...but I doubt it'll be with a top 10 pick. I feel like he's going to draft defense again.

Wow, i posted the giants have the HC and not a single reply yet?

Extremely predictable, already known and not nearly as interesting as Kelly to Niners. Should be a decent coach for them but if not, about as good as they could get this off season with what's left. Not that there were any home run guys anyway.

Did you hear the Eagles fired Chip Kelly?
:jnc

It looks like Philbin is coming in as the QB coach and assistant HC on McAdoo's staff. Sullivan will be the offensive coordinator but Ben will continue to call plays.

Hopped on a plane for an hour and all hell broke loose in San Fran.

LevelNth

Banned
Not enough people are taking into consideration the fact that Kap's body is breaking down, and he lives and dies on his running.

He had to have finger, shoulder and knee surgery and not a single one was due to a specific injury. They are maintenance issues.

He's basically a talent and health red flag right now with an ability to cut him almost cost free.

kaiju

There was a time when Kap was decent and he could chuck it.

2013-12-1511_21_05.gif

Sounds ancient now, I know. Hoping the guy can get it back if he's Chip's QB though.

eznark

Banned
:jnc

It looks like Philbin is coming in as the QB coach and assistant HC on McAdoo's staff. Sullivan will be the offensive coordinator but Ben will continue to call plays.

Hopped on a plane for an hour and all hell broke loose in San Fran.

Great hire. Rodgers absolutely fucking loves Philbin (and McAdoo). If things are shitty against next year he'll probably demand a trade to NY!

Also...

A line from Giants' press release: "McAdoo and Reese will collaborate w/the team’s personnel departments in reshaping the Giants’ roster"

Similar relationship Reese and Coughlin had. Curious to see what if any changes happen on the personnel department side now that the coaching side has settled.

Introductory conference tomorrow at 10:30am for Coach McAdoo.

harSon

Banned
Must be nice to sabotage your team, lose the locker room, be hated by a significant portion of past and present players, and then get another head coaching gig a few weeks after being fired.

Draxal

Great hire. Rodgers absolutely fucking loves Philbin (and McAdoo). If things are shitty against next year he'll probably demand a trade to NY!

NYC couldn't handle Munn.

Also...

Similar relationship Reese and Coughlin had. Curious to see what if any changes happen on the personnel department side now that the coaching side has settled.

The only reason I'm giving Reese a little bit of leeway here, perhaps Coughlin had too much say in personnel.

Gigglepoo

We're comparing Kap to Kurt Warner now? It's not quite the offseason yet, is it?

Peak Warner is the best QB I've ever seen. I'm not comparing their talents. Rather, both were great, both then struggled for years, and then. Well, Warner regained his greatness. My point is, if someone is great, why give up on them?

crpav

There was a time when Kap was decent and he could chuck it.

2013-12-1511_21_05.gif

Sounds ancient now, I know. Hoping the guy can get it back if he's Chip's QB though.

Kaep was best when he was allowed to run and that is how they won those years. Sure he also made some throws at times but his legs were the key weapon in the "good" times.

Hot take: Kaep is going to be a terrible fit in Chip's offense. Not sure why everybody thinks Chip just wants a running QB. He traded for and bet his job on Bradford for a reason. Kaep works best in a power run type offense where he only has to make limited reads. That's how he excelled under Harbs.

eznark

Banned
Peak Warner is the best QB I've ever seen. I'm not comparing their talents. Rather, both were great, both then struggled for years, and then. Well, Warner regained his greatness. My point is, if someone is great, why give up on them?

Warner went to a stacked team that just needs a quarterback.

Kaepernick is staying with the same shitty team he played so poorly with that Blaine Gabbert had to come in.

Not only is the talent comparison awful, the situations aren't even remotely similar.

Draxal

Are Giants fans happy with Reese? Seems like he's the bigger issue.

Nope, not at all.

But like I said in my previous response, the only reason I"m giving him a little leeway is Coughlin might have had more say in personnel than fans thought.

If McAdoo was our hc, we wouldn't of let James Jones go for example.

only half serious here

bionic77

I just think Ben's a man about things. He's not a fucking crybaby, shit head, scum sucking fuck face like most of the Bungholes and their worthless human garbage fans. He's not going to bitch, whine, complain, and piss his diapers about the other team.
Ben is definitely not a crybaby or a liar like some of the Bungle players but I stopped paying attention to his quotes years ago if they don't deal with a particular series or play.

It's like giving weight to the Cheat or Brady's denial of their most recent accusation of cheating.

Are Giants fans happy with Reese? Seems like he's the bigger issue.

We've said time and again.....no. Many wanted him fired (it wasn't happening). To his credit, his last two drafts have been much better. We'll see if he continues that trend. You get the sense that he's on a very short leash.

Godslay

Banned
No, what I am saying is that it appears that part of his 2016 salary become signing bonus payout. I.E if Kaep were to stay with the 49ers all of 2016 he gets paid $15.9m and is owed another $2.5m in 2017 and 2018. So his total payout would be a little over $20m.

However, if they cut him on June 1st (of any year) the remaining signing bonus owed is paid out of his salary. It's effectively not just cutting him, but also reducing the amount they already agreed to pay him over the life of the contract. They found a way to "unguarantee" guaranteed money.

Any signing bonus should have been payed out already. It's part of the initial set of guarantees, and has already factored into his cash earnings. The team spread it out over the years of the contract, but it's already in his hands. Payed out in 2014 as 2014 salary + signing bonus.

Any thing going forward in terms of what Kap gets is straight base salary + roster bonuses + workout bonuses.

His cap hit in any particular year will be any signing bonus that year (already paid) + base salary + roster bonuses + workout bonuses.

For instance the cap hit for the team in 2016 would be $15.89M, Kap can only earn $13.425M since he was already paid the addition $2.465M.

Any additional years (2017 & 2018) are the same except for the last two years which are just flash years with no real money behind them whatsoever.

Gigglepoo

Warner went to a stacked team that just needs a quarterback.

Kaepernick is staying with the same shitty team he played so poorly with that Blaine Gabbert had to come in.

Not only is the talent comparison awful, the situations aren't even remotely similar.

I never compared their talents, I never compared their situations. I pointed out that, when a QB struggles after being great, it is possible to regain that greatness.

Top Bottom