• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

Damn man, this made me think of Jim Tomsula, who nobody's seen and hasn't responded to his fellow coach buddy texts for days.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2016/1/13/10758270/jim-tomsula-goes-completely-the-off-the-radar

Just wants to be alone for a while

15ea92ffd975156aca7e521012dbf230.jpg

mr2xxx

Banned
Didn't he get like a $15 million pay out for basically being the good soldier and falling on the sword for this shitty season? He's probably in Vegas with hookers and cocaine.

He did good. Dline coach's make around 200k-1million a year, so that's over 15 to 40 years worth of his old salary.

cdyhybrid

No one talking about possibility that Chip cuts Colin Kaepernick & signs Bradford. Save money & get a guy he likes. Interesting possibility - Joe Banner on Twitter

Also apparently Kaep jerseys are back to full price on the Niners' site now.

squicken

No one talking about possibility that Chip cuts Colin Kaepernick & signs Bradford. Save money & get a guy he likes. Interesting possibility - Joe Banner on Twitter

Philly media is on to this. People just don't get that the offense isn't based on a running QB. He wants an accurate QB who makes quick decisions and doesn't turn the ball over. Bradford was that QB in the second half of the year

Garafolo was on Cowherd and said that the Eagles wanted both Coughlin and McAdoo. Once the Giants hired McAdoo out the equation, Coughlin lost interest. Lends credence to the succession plan that was laid out there.

...and yes you can call that agent bullshit but Garafolo is/was one of the most dependable beat guys for the Giants. He does not post/say bunk.

Godslay

Banned
Philly media is on to this. People just don't get that the offense isn't based on a running QB. He wants an accurate QB who makes quick decisions and doesn't turn the ball over. Bradford was that QB in the second half of the year

How much per year for Bradford?

eznark

Banned
Geno Smith has a much more attractive cap figure though.

Cian Fahey loves Geno!

Garafolo was on Cowherd and said that the Eagles wanted both Coughlin and McAdoo. Once the Giants hired McAdoo out the equation, Coughlin lost interest. Lends credence to the succession plan that was laid out there.

...and yes you can call that agent bullshit but Garafolo is/was one of the most dependable beat guys for the Giants. He does not post/say bunk.

I still think it was Coughlin and McAdoo trying to get a little negotiating leverage for McAdoo.

LevelNth

Banned
Everyone knows that 90% of these tweets by various 'reporters' are just educated guesses and conjecture right?

They know that people will just assume they 'heard' it from somewhere, and they exploit that.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
If the Lions want McDaniels, they might have competition

The Tennessee Titans reportedly have agreed to terms with Tampa Bay Buccaneers director of player personnel Jon Robinson to become their new general manager.

Robinson, like Detroit Lions GM Bob Quinn, spent the early part of his NFL career as a scout for the New England Patriots and, as such, has extensive ties to Patriots offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels.

Quinn praised McDaniels and Patriots defensive coordinator Matt Patricia on Monday, saying, "I think they're both ready and willing to be head coaches."

Robinson, meanwhile, is expected to pursue McDaniels as the Titans' next head coach, according to Yahoo Sports.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2016/01/14/josh-mcdaniels-head-coach/78790320/

McDaniels going to the Titans seems to be gaining traction.

I really wouldn't mind Matt Patricia as Head Coach, but then where does that leave our talented coordinators in Coach Cooter and Coach Austin?

I really think Bob Quinn is squaring in on Josh McDaniels but if he can't get him he probably retains Coach Caldwell for another year.

Also from an ESPN opinion piece:

Detroit? A top team over the past four seasons? Though their win totals haven't been consistent, the Lions make Aaron Schatz's list due to one key statistic. Schatz: Top teams since 2012 (Insider)

LevelNth

Banned
I can't believe I'm agreeing with this.. Gabbert had some solid outings and his scrambling ability surprised me
And that's simply in talent level. Gabs is also 2 years younger with zero injury history.

As it stands right now, Gabbert is better than Kap too, and it's not close.

Mindlog

Don't know how I missed it, but my local grocery stores are now over 60% by shelf space on local/craft brews. Sure there are some macro wannabe craft brews in there, but the selection is still amazing and that's not including a proper liquor store's arsenal.

Beer.

Three Harpoon IPAs deep. Let's get this done.
Fuck the Pats, but at least the beer is tasty.

Colasante

Well this Gronk news is just a little bit distressing. Hopefully broken-footed Edelman is ready to put the entire offense on his back.

squicken

Does this mean seahawk/niners rivalry is back? The Cardinals aren't going to suck either... well unless Palmer dies but holy fuck this division keeps getting harder.

Line_HTX

Does this mean seahawk/niners rivalry is back? The Cardinals aren't going to suck either... well unless Palmer dies but holy fuck this division keeps getting harder.

Hopefully. It wasn't too long ago that people laughed off the NFCW. They made a big resurgance since.

It's always fun to watch Cards and Seahawks nowadays.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member
Don't know how I missed it, but my local grocery stores are now over 60% by shelf space on local/craft brews. Sure there are some macro wannabe craft brews in there, but the selection is still amazing and that's not including a proper liquor store's arsenal.

Beer.

Three Harpoon IPAs deep. Let's get this done.
Fuck the Pats, but at least the beer is tasty.

My grocery store has four rows of wine and not a great beer selection. Probably half domestic (including Texas brands Lone Star and Shiner), one fourth Mexican import, and then a smattering of popular IPAs, ciders, wine coolers, and hard root beers.

I hate IPAs so for my favorite beer, I still have to go to an actual grocery store.

Top Bottom