• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

I didn't watch much of the Eagles this year but from I know of Chip he likes to spread out the D to setup the run and doesn't require his qb to make super tough throws. His actual offense is very simple and very predictable. Having someone like Kap would give them that extra dimension and keep the defense honest. Having to account for him would freeze the LBs and DL for half a second while forcing the DBs to play soft zones.

Yeah that was the plan, now Hue wil have a say in who is the personnel guy.

I thought Sashi and Jonah Hill are pretty much co-GMs. The actual GM is basically gonna be director of scouting right?

Malalaw

Mal...

Youactinlikealittlebitchrightnow.gif

Listen man.. You gonna give up like that and punk out.. You gonna let that Daniel Craig motherfucker win? I don't think so.

Don't let that euro trash humble you like this.. You think Brees gave up after His shoulder injury.. No.

You're better than this.. Beat the league. I believe in you.

I'm sorry.. That's.. I'm sorry. No one should suffer this.

Meh, its already been done!

The nfl app just sent me an alert that Pederson is the Eagles next coach. I don't get it. I thought that they couldn't make it official yet.

Mindlog

Yeah, Bucs were all in on Keotter from the start. At least they had a plan I guess. Just have to appease the Rooney Rule even though give our history shouldn't really be a thing.
That's them.
Very solid.

Of course I followed that up with Cigar City Invasion. Tampa makes some outstanding beers. The people that sent it know me so well ;D
I normally buy Jai Alai IPA from Cigar City when I get the chance, but this Pale Ale is amazing.
KcPMyte.jpg

eznark

Banned
yankeehater, what team are you going to start following now?

Also the only real coaching vacancy is in Detroit. Koetter is in TB and McDaniels is in Tennessee. Detroit will probably take Patricia if I had to guess.

effzee

So Eagles on their own hired a DC before the coach. GM runs the show completely and the assistants will be forced on new coach.

Wow what a seach.

This is awful.

effzee

Must be nice to sabotage your team, lose the locker room, be hated by a significant portion of past and present players, and then get another head coaching gig a few weeks after being fired.

Sabotage? Which players hated him again? DeMarco Murray? The past players were more upset about being dealt or cut more than Chip.

Of course he would get another gig. He had 1 bad year because his gambles didn't pay off. Two winning seasons and 1 losing season.

Coaches with far worse track record get 2nd chances.

squicken

Why do you assume they haven't had these discussion with Pederson?

Pederson and the new DC were together in GB. I dunno what they are doing with Shurmur. but he is still around. Not really sure what offense they will be running. Ken Flajole was not good in STL, and he was an assistant of Spags' in NOLA. Talent issues on both of those teams, but it's telling the Eagles' next DC was just about to take a job at UT El Paso

effzee

Yeah every other team in the league would have been fine with 12 years no championships and then a 4-12 record. He'll they should have given him a raise at that point.

Don't forget 8-8 and then 4-12. This after some of the dumbest moves to his coaching staff, still not learning to call run plays, and spending endlessly to bring in FAs.

But yeah Reid should never been let go.

squicken

Guess Lovie's body is cold enough to announce Koetter as HC.

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
Buccaneers and OC Dirk Koetter now closing in on deal to make him Tampa's HC, per league source. Done shortly.

eznark

Banned
Pederson and the new DC were together in GB. I dunno what they are doing with Shurmur. but he is still around. Not really sure what offense they will be running. Ken Flajole was not good in STL, and he was an assistant of Spags' in NOLA. Talent issues on both of those teams, but it's telling the Eagles' next DC was just about to take a job at UT El Paso

Kind of hard to judge him in St. Louis. That team had literally no talent. The defense actually was very good in 2010, coming from being the worst in 2009. That would be great if they weren't back in the basement in 2011.

I don't think we have anywhere near enough information to say he was terrible. And it's a little unfair to blame a guy for taking a job. He obviously wasn't going to be back with the Browns.

More telling is that he is 61 years old and hasn't really been given a chance by any decent teams.

effzee

4 of those 5 years were better than Chips 2015. Why you gotta turn on your boy Chip like that?

I'm not even sure what you are saying here but it was obvious to anyone besides the national guys who love Reid unconditionally that Reid had run out steam, worn out his welcome, and both he and the Eagles needed a fresh start.

Another year in Philly and his other son might have been back in jail or dead on an overdose.

Yeah every other team in the league would have been fine with 12 years no championships and then a 4-12 record. He'll they should have given him a raise at that point.

You mean 12 years of actually making deep playoff runs and actually making it to the Super Bowl compared to Chip?

Let's look at how he's doing over with the Chiefs.. Wait.. In the playoffs again after winning 10 straight where as Chip blew harder than ever in the second weakest division this year and then got canned?

Yeah.. You all really got the better end of that deal there.

effzee

Kind of hard to judge him in St. Louis. That team had literally no talent. The defense actually was very good in 2010, coming from being the worst in 2009. That would be great if they weren't back in the basement in 2011.

I don't think we have anywhere near enough information to say he was terrible. And it's a little unfair to blame a guy for taking a job. He obviously wasn't going to be back with the Browns.

More telling is that he is 61 years old and hasn't really been given a chance by any decent teams.

I guess fits with Shurmur & Pederson where both candidates who no one else besides Eagles had any interest in.

The Philadelphia Tomsulas

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Don't forget 8-8 and then 4-12. This after some of the dumbest moves to his coaching staff, still not learning to call run plays, and spending endlessly to bring in FAs.

But yeah Reid should never been let go.

He was also chronically bad with clock management wasnt he?

eznark

Banned
I think my favorite thing about this hire is that no matter what happens yankee and effzee will be miserable look foolish.

DMczaf

Guess Lovie's body is cold enough to announce Koetter as HC.

Happy we are keeping Koetter, no idea how I feel about him being HC though.

He really did well with putting Doug and Jameis in positions to succeed.

Let's see where we go with defense...

effzee

You mean 12 years of actually making deep playoff runs and actually making it to the Super Bowl compared to Chip?

Let's look at how he's doing over with the Chiefs.. Wait.. In the playoffs again after winning 10 straight where as Chip blew harder than ever in the second weakest division this year and then got canned?

So you are comparing 14 years of Reid to 3 that Chip got? That makes sense.

Do you know how bad the Eagles were under the Reid in his final years? What his winning percentage was near the end of his career post McNabb?

If you are telling me I can have someone like a young Reid with a QB like McNabb then sure but that's not who we had.

Also Chip didn't even draft a franchise QB. But won 10 games with the likes of Foles and Sanchez.

But yeah the comparison makes total sense.

This is probably the dumbest logic people bring up. Reid was super successful early in his career so he should never get fired. Never mind he was given 3-4 chances to rebuild and find new QBS and failed but hey he should keep his job always!

Do people even look into what circumstances led to the firing?

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
yankeehater, what team are you going to start following now?

Also the only real coaching vacancy is in Detroit. Koetter is in TB and McDaniels is in Tennessee. Detroit will probably take Patricia if I had to guess.

This is all under the assumption that Coach Caldwell gets fired in the first place which is not set in stone.

Like I said earlier, I don't mind Matt Patricia as the Lions coach. Guy is young with a lot of potential, but does he then let go of Coach Teryl Austin?

Regardless of all that I'm also interested to see how he handles contracts like Stephen Tulloch ($6 Million) and Haloti Ngata.

With 10 picks in the draft (and potentially more) I think Tulloch will get cut and possibly Ngata as well, though he made more of a case towards the end of the season he still has it in him after coming off his 4 game suspension.

Just going to have to trust Bob Quinn and the Patriots way. I think he knows what he's doing.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
So they're announcing Koetter officially now. Did they not interview anyone else? There must have been succession langauge in his contract then.

Oh shit I had no idea Reid lead the eagles on deep playoff runs his last few years.

Top Bottom