• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

eznark

Banned
Feel like people are holding his short stint as HC against Shurmur, which is dumb. He seems like a pretty damn good coordinator to me.

bionic77

FMT what are your plans for Alex beating the Pats and playing in the SB (Pats or KC going IMHO)?

Whatever happens I am fully behind you and Alex this weekend!

eznark

Banned
Time with Eagles means his whole time here.

Eagles this past year obviously passed more than usual under Chip with the failures of the oline, RBs, and being behind all the time.

Still doesn't change what I said. Reid was the most pass happy.

Reid's most ever attempts in a season were 620, in 2005. He only went over 600 three times.

Chips three seasons were 623, 621, 623

Pepiope

Reid's last year: 618 passing attempts

Chips's last year: 623 passing attempts
The run game didn't work this year at all. Reid would pass the ball even with the run working. He was definitely more pass happy than Chip was in his time here.

Bow out, you don't know Reid like Eagle fans do.

Yeah 4-12 last place in the divison is cellar. Especially after a trend of getting worse each year.

Finishing 6-10 and 2nd in the divison isn't. But this is pointless since you can't get anything past Reid equals good and should never been fired.

Players who Reid couldn't use to win.

Same how Reid inherited talent in KC. That happens with every coach change.

He only traded McCoy, cut Desean, and Maclin left in FA.

Chip inherited talented offensive skill players, complete unknown in Foles, and a horrific Defense. He won with those players but only cause he made adjustments and used them right. Many of the moves he made this off season were to fix that D but didn't work.

But thanks for trying though.

Yeah. He used those players and what did the genius do? Oh that's right.. He traded them away. Where Maclin had a successful season compared to Nelson Agholar and Riley Cooper?

He made the roster worse.. Repeat those with me friend.. Made the roster worse.

And now.. He's taken the chiefs to a deep play off run while the eagles are left in the middle of a rut and a rebuild left by the "genius".

Pepiope

Reid's most ever attempts in a season were 620, in 2005. He only went over 600 three times.

Chip also was in the top of the NFL in offensive plays ran per game. Reid in Philly was regularly in the bottom of the NFL in offensive plays ran per game.

We averaged nearly 160 more offensive plays per season under Chip than we did with Reid.

Playing fast inflates numbers.

jbug617

Banned
Raiders own land in San Antonio.
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/...io-austin-relocation-stadium-alamodome-011316

As the theory goes, Davis has secured a parcel of land about halfway in between Austin and San Antonio -- about 80 miles apart -- where a new stadium could potentially be located, creating leverage in his dealings with Oakland.

Davis has plenty of reasons to drop his team right between San Antonio and Austin. The two cities would offer his team over 2.3 million football-hungry sports fans. His players would enjoy a state without income taxes.

Lastly, if he's anything like his father, Davis enjoys a little payback. He'd serve some up by becoming an instate competitor to Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, who led the charge to exclude the Raiders from LA relocation .

Godslay

Banned
Chip also was in the top of the NFL in offensive plays ran per game. Reid in Philly was regularly in the bottom of the NFL in offensive plays ran per game.

We averaged nearly 160 more offensive plays per season under Chip than we did with Reid.

Playing fast inflates numbers.

Yeah, it would be interesting to see the ratio of run to pass between the two.

I have a bad feeling about this Denver game...

With our injuries it is hard for me to see us having a chance to win this game unless our defense scores. As long as PeyPey is not giving us TAINTS left and right I don't see us winning.

Something's got to give in this one. Peyton's old and busted and sucks in the cold, something like 0-5. However, Tomlin is 0-2 against him and just 1-3 overall up in Mile High. The movable object meets the resistible force.

eznark

Banned
Which completely supports what we've been saying.

I guestimated the math in my head but both look to be around 57%.

There is certainly not enough of a difference to say they passed with different frequency, which is what I said.

Reid generally passed more than his contemporaries however, which is probably where your false perception come from.

gutshot

SMH other iggles fans please try to base reactions in reality.

No hope of that unfortunately. People would much rather judge a hire before the guy has even had a chance to put together his staff, let alone coach a game. I can only imagine what the reaction would have been to Reid's hiring if GAF existed back then.

harSon

Banned
I have a bad feeling about this Denver game...

With our injuries it is hard for me to see us having a chance to win this game unless our defense scores. As long as PeyPey is not giving us TAINTS left and right I don't see us winning.

You should have a bad feeling about this game. We're legitimate underdogs going into the game for a reason. If we had a healthy Ben Roethlisberger, then I'd be more than hopeful that we could go into Denver and come out with the win. But with noodle arm Ben, slush brain Brown and a pair of practice squad running backs? It's not looking good.

bionic77

Something's got to give in this one. Peyton's old and busted and sucks in the cold, something like 0-5. However, Tomlin is 0-2 against him and just 1-3 overall up in Mile High. The movable object meets the resistible force.
I liked our chances against anyone in the AFC if healthy.

We would struggle to beat the Browns without our RB, QB, and AB though. We would still win because Ohio but it wouldn't be easy.

I am worried...

eznark

Banned
No hope of that unfortunately. People would much rather judge a hire before the guy has even had a chance to put together his staff, let alone coach a game. I can only imagine what the reaction would have been to Reid's hiring if GAF existed back then.

You would've seen my weeping.

Pepiope

I guestimated the math in my head but both look to be around 57%.

There is certainly not enough of a difference to say they passed with different frequency, which is what I said.

Reid generally passed more than his contemporaries however, which is probably where your false perception come from.
"not doing the math" = being wrong.

Reid fluctuated between 57% and - 65% and he went over 60% several years.

Kelly fluctuated between 53% - 60%, and that's with the run game being complete shit this year.

Those aren't the same numbers. Reid passed the ball more, it's not debatable.

harSon

Banned
I liked our chances against anyone in the AFC if healthy.

We would struggle to beat the Browns without our RB, QB, and AB though. We would still win because Ohio but it wouldn't be easy.

I am worried...

I've come to the conclusion that we're never going to be healthy. We were teased with health last season, until the shitty state of Ohio and its band of delinquent shit stains decided to destroy the knee of our beautiful pot head.

bionic77

No you wouldn't.. You know damn well you wouldn't.
This is the least convincing post I have ever seen...

I've come to the conclusion that we're never going to be healthy. We were teased with health last season, until the shitty state of Ohio and its band of delinquent shit stains decided to destroy the knee of our beautiful pot head.
Our division is like Mad Max so you are probably right.

harSon

Banned
Playing Pittsburg in the playoffs always makes me nervous. That AFC Championship still makes me feel sad at times.

That game was some grade A horse shit. Shouldn't have been close in the first place. Apparently Polamalu catching a ball, taking like 4-5 steps and doing a barrel roll doesn't constitute as making a football move.

I like NBA but don't follow it, just happen to see that Spurs vs. Cavs is tonight 8 EST if you're looking for something to occupy yourself with.

effzee

Feel like people are holding his short stint as HC against Shurmur, which is dumb. He seems like a pretty damn good coordinator to me.

From his time in Philly? I don't know how much say he had since Chip ran the offense on gameday.

Is Doug Peterson that good of an offensive mind?

Yeah didn't you hear? Pederson like guys like Gase and Hue has been long heralded as new up and coming offensive mind.

Yeah but how many plays per game and season more did the Eagles run under Chip?

Yeah. He used those players and what did the genius do? Oh that's right.. He traded them away. Where Maclin had a successful season compared to Nelson Agholar and Riley Cooper?

OK read very slowly. He cut Desean but they still had Maclin. Then he drafted Jordan Mathews who has set Eagles receiver records as a rookie opposite Maclin. BTW Cooper was a Reid draft pick.

He didn't trade Maclin. Maclin came off an ACL tear (the 2nd of his career) and they tried to lock him up long time but he banked on himself and played his butt off. He took more money in FA and to play at home in KC. He left as a FA wasn't traded. Eagles thought they had him signed and KC signed him away at the last minute for more money.

Again he wasn't traded.

Only players traded away were McCoy and Foles. Foles lost his starting job to Keenum and the Rams will be looking for another QB.

McCoy was traded for a young LB in Kiko who was a stud LB in his rookie season. Additionally McCoy was replaced by Ryan Mathews and DeMarco Murray. The fact it didn't work out has less to do with not replacing with but more with the OLINE massively under performing.

He made the roster worse.. Repeat those with me friend.. Made the roster worse.

It was 1 season. Repeat after me. 1 season. Most GMs, coaches, and regimes aren't judged by just one bad off season.

And for the millionth time that was the excuse, the real reason was the FO power struggle. This isn't the first coach or FO shake up caused by Howie.

And now.. He's taken the chiefs to a deep play off run while the eagles are left in the middle of a rut and a rebuild left by the "genius".

Deep is wild card win? Let's see where the end up. And even the Reid himself needed this change.

By your own logic if 1 bad season means Chip should be fired, why shouldn't have Reid been fired after sloping downwards and a 4-12 season?

Yeah, it would be interesting to see the ratio of run to pass between the two.

I'm sure Eagles have run more plays on offense per game and per season compared to time with Reid.

I remember reading only Martz was close to how much Reid liked to pass.

But besides the actual numbers, point is Reid never adjusted and it caught upto to him post McNabb. He has adjusted in KC, but it was clear he wasn't here.

Plus the family mess he was involved with, it was a break everyone needed.

Godslay

Banned
I'm sure Eagles have run more plays on offense per game and per season compared to time with Reid.

I remember reading only Martz was close to how much Reid liked to pass.

But besides the actual numbers, point is Reid never adjusted and it caught upto to him post McNabb. He has adjusted in KC, but it was clear he wasn't here.

Plus the family mess he was involved with, it was a break everyone needed.

Looks like Reid was more pass happy by the numbers, as a percentage of total calls in the offense.

I agree that Reid's time was up. There is a certain fatigue after awhile for team and coach alike. It was time to move on.

Bread

Banned
Nah. I'm done. I can't get anything done without being called for holding. My guys can't catch the simplest shit and every good run I have ends in a fumble. Not having any fun so I'm gonna bail out now.
Noooo stick with it. You will learn how to play the cpu better. Or at least stay to build your team and simulate the games until you like your squad better.

Top Bottom