• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Divisional |OT| - A Fraud Divided

brentech

I'm not even sure what you are saying here but it was obvious to anyone besides the national guys who love Reid unconditionally that Reid had run out steam, wornot out his welcome, and both he and the Eagles needed a fresh start.

Another year in Philly and his other songs might have been back in jail or dead on an overdose.
Don't forget 8-8 and then 4-12. This after some of the dumbest moves to his coaching staff, still not learning to call run plays, and spending endlessly to bring in FAs.

But yeah Reid should never been let go.
I do think a fresh start was probably in order, but if you're going to go in on spending endlessly to bring in FAs, Chip did about 1000x worse with personnel. He nuked a solid base in just a few short years. He brought in the wrong guys and hopefully the next man up can actually figure out how to use them appropriately.

For the 49ers sake you have to hope he learned a couple lessons about the NFL and how to best make use of the talent.

Pepiope

So Eagles on their own hired a DC before the coach. GM runs the show completely and the assistants will be forced on new coach.

Wow what a seach.

This is awful.
I heard on the radio that he's going to be a LB coach, not the DC. Where'd you hear he'd be DC?

tmdorsey

Happy we are keeping Koetter, no idea how I feel about him being HC though.

He really did well with putting Doug and Jameis in positions to succeed.

Let's see where we go with defense...

Mike Smith is where he's going. Search your feelings, know you it to be true.

Gigglepoo

For the 49ers sake you have to hope he learned a couple lessons about the NFL and how to best make use of the talent.

That's kind of my hope. I think Chip's a smart guy who had bad habits in Philly. I'm excited for seeing what he can do in his second stop. Also, if he fails, he's done in the NFL, so he has plenty of incentive to get results.

squicken

Not sure to be honest I thought Squicken posted it.

I was just going by in the moment guess-Tweets from media guys. Looks like Schwartz has multiple offers. I think the TEN job is the best one. No media, QB, owners that don't care and are selling the team. He'd have the time to get the defense good. In Philly they'd be on him Week 2

Pepiope

That's kind of my hope. I think Chip's a smart guy who had bad habits in Philly. I'm excited for seeing what he can do in his second stop. Also, if he fails, he's done in the NFL, so he has plenty of incentive to get results.
Can't wait to see him with Kaep. I wanted no part of Kaep here, but I don't mind watching it play out in SF.

effzee

I do think a fresh start was probably in order, but if you're going to go in on spending endlessly to bring in FAs, Chip did about 1000x worse with personnel. He nuked a solid base in just a few short years. He brought in the wrong guys and hopefully the next man up can actually figure out how to use them appropriately.

Reid had personnel say for years and his terribad drafts finally led to the dream team off season.

Chip had 1 year. Just 1 year to work the personnel.

And as many have said he didn't get fired cause of that. That was the reason they could use to justify, but it was cause Lurie loves Howie and Chip couldn't get along with him. Oh and Chip forced Lurie to reschedule the holiday party.

Lurie is so scared of ever having any discomfort that he is basically putting together the Reid staff without Reid.

Never mind that they don't have McNabb or a QB they could draft this year as a top guy. But I'm sure this will produce the same results!

At least with Chip it was a bold inspiring move. This is basically being scared shitless and trying to recapture something that ultimately didn't work and flamed out.

cdyhybrid

kKzhWpF.jpg

;-;

squicken

Jeff McLane ‏@Jeff_McLane
Possible coordinators for Doug Pederson: OC: retaining Pat Shurmur or bringing Brad Childress from KC. DC: Mike Pettine or Jim Schwartz.

Chilly and Pettine would be too funny

Shurmur is a much better choice then Pederson. The Cheat also got fired from the Browns, guess NE was dumb to hire him.

Except he wasn't.. Fired from the Browns. They were already moved to Baltimore and then Modell fired him.

But it's okay.. You keep sitting there bitching about Reid while you are sitting in the cellar of the NFC East.

effzee

Except he wasn't.. Fired from the Browns. They were already moved to Baltimore and then Modell fired him.

But it's okay.. You keep sitting there bitching about Reid while you are sitting in the cellar of the NFC East.

You do realize Eagles just came from 2 back to back winning seasons after Reid had them in the cellar? Did you even follow football before this season?

1 bad year doesn't equal cellar especially when you finish 2nd in the divison.

bionic77

I have a bad feeling about this Denver game...

With our injuries it is hard for me to see us having a chance to win this game unless our defense scores. As long as PeyPey is not giving us TAINTS left and right I don't see us winning.

Syrinx

Man Koetter better work out for the Bucs. We can't afford a fourth miss in a row as HC. Did good work last year so I'm relatively positive.

gutshot

Pederson it is then, as I thought. This is clearly Lurie going back to what worked for him in the past. I have no idea if it will work out or not. The Eagles will definitely be less interesting/ exciting to follow, but they may end up being a better team.

eznark

Banned
You do realize Eagles just came from 2 back to back winning seasons after Reid had them in the cellar? Did you even follow football before this season?

I can't even..............

You do realize that he did that with players brought in by the previous regime? You know that he then traded those players and then went downhill?

Did you watch your eagles team closely before the Revolution arrived?

effzee

He was also chronically bad with clock management wasnt he?

Still is from what I have seen.

Have to give him credit cause he did change somewhat after Philly. Here he refused to switch from 4-3 to 3-4 and thus many qualified D-Coordinators were never even considered after Jim Johnson fired. That's when he randomly promoted the oline coach to D coordinator.

In KC, he has less personnel say, thet run a 3-4, and from what I have seen her doesn't force Alex Smith into 40+ passes. While with the Eagles he was the most pass happy coach in NFL history even when he had RBs like Duce, Westbrook, and McCoy.

Don Banks ‏ @ DonBanks 20m 20 minutes ago
Source says Jim Schwartz has offers to serve as defensive coordinator from multiple teams. But not known if Eagles have made an offer yet.

effzee

I can't even..............

Yeah 4-12 last place in the divison is cellar. Especially after a trend of getting worse each year.

Finishing 6-10 and 2nd in the divison isn't. But this is pointless since you can't get anything past Reid equals good and should never been fired.

You do realize that he did that with players brought in by the previous regime? You know that he then traded those players and then went downhill?

Did you watch your eagles team closely before the Revolution arrived?

Players who Reid couldn't use to win.

Same how Reid inherited talent in KC. That happens with every coach change.

He only traded McCoy, cut Desean, and Maclin left in FA.

Chip inherited talented offensive skill players, complete unknown in Foles, and a horrific Defense. He won with those players but only cause he made adjustments and used them right. Many of the moves he made this off season were to fix that D but didn't work.

But thanks for trying though.

effzee

Reid's last year: 618 passing attempts

Chips's last year: 623 passing attempts

Time with Eagles means his whole time here.

Eagles this past year obviously passed more than usual under Chip with the failures of the oline, RBs, and being behind all the time.

Still doesn't change what I said. Reid was the most pass happy.

Top Bottom