• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 1 |OT| - A Fraud’s Quest for Gold

Miracle

Need that Manning Face gif stat.

6005384193258770_5b7632b02099455a15dc9bbd9096467cd4ee01ea5aa775dd7c3b7db237bac3c3_large

Striker

Gotta give Romo credit.
He abused an undrafted rookie LB that got no help in man coverage. There was zero rush. It was one of the easiest 2 min drives you can see.

Zero reason they should have lost that, both with the 3rd & 1 call and the defense getting dink and dunked to death.

Cagey

Banned
The correct call was to run on 3rd and then run the fucking football again on 4th.

The only way to call it incorrectly was to have a clock stoppage on 3rd down, and then decide to kick a fucking field goal on 4th down, rather than playing for the score and leaving Dallas pinned on their own 3-4 with a limited offense available to them for the start of their GW or GT drive.

If this wasn't so predictable it would annoy me more.

The old man should be left in DFW tonight.

Gives the Maras a very good reason to get rid of Coughlin, this his is Pisarcik game.

They won't fire him until the end of the season, they'll just let him fuck up the whole year and let him retire gracefully, and then Spags takes over next year.

Either way, barring another Super Bowl, this will be Coughlin's last year, guaranteed.

Draxal

This his is Pisarcik game.

Good thing we had the Seattle/NE Super Bowl disaster, because that was the only play call that I thought was worse than this.

They won't fire him until the end of the season, they'll just let him fuck up the whole year and let him retire gracefully, and then Spags takes over next year.

Either way, barring another Super Bowl, this will be Coughlin's last year, guaranteed.

MacAdoo is probably going to be the new coach.

effzee

That terrible play call on 3rd and goal aside, the Giants D just let them march down 70+ yards in 6 plays and with time to spare.

Just horrible. I know there are players missing on the D but how can you let that happen? Fire Spags tomorrow.

F'n Giants ruined it for the Eagles.

Giants had 3 massive fuckups on their last drive:

1. Hiking with 20 seconds on the playclock early in the drive.

2. Not making the refs run the clock when they declined the Cowboys penalty by the goal line.

3. Eli throwing the ball away instead of taking a sack.

cashman

Banned
Grats Cowboys fans. Good game, you deserved to win on one of the dumbest fucking goal line series I've ever watched.

Good Game man, Dallas was really really fortunate to win that one. Eli didn't really make any mistakes which surprised me, if he can be at this level all year then NY's really got something going.

Draxal

I call it The Bevell Effect.

Honestly, this is the only reason I don't feel bad right now lol.

Good Game man, Dallas was really really fortunate to win that one. Eli didn't really make any mistakes which surprised me, if he can be at this level all year then NY's really got something going.

I don't know ... snapping the ball with 20 seconds left on the pc twice and not falling down on that pass are THREE HUGE MISTAKES, and i'm a complete Eli homer. I'll be real though, the Giants were lucky the entire game, they don't belong on the field with the good teams.

Pop

For what? dude has the best O-line in the game, he wasn't never touched, the only time the Giants got to him was during the INT return, any dip shit QB behind that line could beat the Giants..

Yeah right

Fuck the giants. Every time I see Eli face, I just want to punch it.

The correct call was to run on 3rd and then run the fucking football again on 4th.

The only way to call it incorrectly was to have a clock stoppage on 3rd down, and then decide to kick a fucking field goal on 4th down, rather than playing for the score and leaving Dallas pinned on their own 3-4 with a limited offense available to them for the start of their GW or GT drive.

If this wasn't so predictable it would annoy me more.

The old man should be left in DFW tonight.

Passing on 3rd down only makes sense if you're going for it on 4th. Which would be fine. But if you're going to kick the FG, killing the clock has to be your priority. Shit, just take a knee.

gcubed

Giants had 3 massive fuckups on their last drive:

1. Hiking with 20 seconds on the playclock early in the drive.

2. Not making the refs run the clock when they declined the Cowboys penalty by the goal line.

3. Eli throwing the ball away instead of taking a sack.

So I'm still confused on what happened with #2

Top Bottom