• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 1 |OT| - A Fraud’s Quest for Gold

Sanjuro

cqLWfGC.jpg

This is my last weekend before I become a Moleman.

More on Eli's new deal:

4-YEAR, $84 MILLION EXTENSION FOR ELI MANNING…
According to NFL.com, the New York Giants and quarterback Eli Manning are in the process of finalizing a 4-year, $84 million contract extension. ESPN is reporting that the contract will include $65 million in guaranteed money.

While NFL.com is reporting that the deal could be signed as early as Friday, ESPN says while the Giants and Manning are in agreement on money, the two sides remain hung up on specific contract language that they hope to resolve by this weekend. NFL.com says Manning wants a no-trade clause in the contract.

Manning is currently entering the final year of the 6-year, $97.5 million contract extension he signed in August 2009. He was set to count $19.75 million ($17 million in salary, $500,000 workout bonus) against the team’s 2015 salary cap. ESPN says Manning will still make $17.5 million in the final year of his current contract, which would bring his five-year total to $101.5 million.

Manning’s $21 million average in new money on the four-year extension would rank him fourth among quarterbacks in the NFL, behind Aaron Rodgers ($22 million), Russell Wilson ($21.9 million), and Ben Roethlisberger ($21.85 million).

brentech

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m4 minutes ago
Due to hip injury, Lions LB DeAndre Levy "most likely out” Sunday vs. Chargers, but he will not need surgery, as @davebirkett reported.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 4m4 minutes ago
Due to hip injury, Lions LB DeAndre Levy "most likely out” Sunday vs. Chargers, but he will not need surgery, as @davebirkett reported.

We already know this and while it sucks Josh Bynes is the next man up. This year revolves around the offense anyway regardless of the young talent we have on defense.

DeAndre will probably be out a few weeks and we'll have to adjust.

The Lions are still beating the Chargers this weekend.

We already know this and while it sucks Josh Bynes is the next man up. This year revolves around the offense anyway regardless of the young talent we have on defense.

DeAndre will probably be out a few weeks and we'll have to adjust.

The Lions are still beating the Chargers this weekend.

Stafford going for his first ever road win against a winning team (assuming SD does as expected and is a winning team). Could be a milestone day for him!

Happy birthday friend!

Thank you friend! I hope all is well with the baby!

happy birthday commish, i love you.

Love you more.

So jealous.

Perfect age for dating 18-20 year old girls. Life should be awesome for you!

You can still date 20 year olds! Don't stop believin!

Oh right...well he told me all about it before he disappeared!

Also Happy Birthday friend Dutch!!! I send a shirtless hug your way!!

Thank you friend. We should have cat play dates.

Narras

So excited the NFL season officially begins in a few hours! Hope we get a fun game to watch tonight. Also, go Jaguars! :^D

Nice Grantland article on power running. It's part of a Football 101 series they are doing and it may be rudimentary for some regulars but for those interested in learning more I thought it was a solid piece...

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/2015-nfl-college-football-power-running-counter-running/
Thanks for linking this article. Always like reading why certain things in football are done so these types of things are interesting to read for me.

cdyhybrid

So excited the NFL season officially begins in a few hours! Hope we get a fun game to watch tonight. Also, go Jaguars! :^D

Thanks for linking this article. Always like reading why certain things in football are done so these types of things are interesting to read for me.

Holy shit, another Jags fan! Gata and Printer Paper have company now.

MechDX

Week one and fans of every team are coming out of the woodwork!

By week 4 it will just be the regulars and Jak if he doesn't get banned again

Top Bottom