• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 11 |OT| - A Fraud‘s Time

MechDX

Deepi Sidhu ‏@DeepSlant · 2m2 minutes ago
Hoyer told OB he was having trouble remembering plays at which point, O'Brien called over team's trainers/docs.

Damn. That's some scary shit

Pro

800.jpg

Seems Legit

hmmmm. Is that against..the rules?

Don't know if it's against the rules, but if the team legit had no clue, they aren't bringing him back in 2016. There are few things left that a "legend" can do to piss off his team, but lying about an injury you know will affect your performance just to pad stats and get records is pretty high on the list.

jmdajr

Tried to reserve Battlefront at Redbox, but it's not near my location. Don't feel like driving out of my route just to get it.

Maybe I will rent mad Max or Batman instead.

Godslay

Banned
Man... You have a link by chance?

The meat of it was on the radio yesterday. So not really. Like I said, it's just rumors, but I will say that Big Al (who's show it was on), is still pretty connected to the Broncos and Elway. Can't say it's true based on that obviously, but smoke fire and all that.

Don't know if it's against the rules, but if the team legit had no clue, they aren't bringing him back in 2016. There are few things left that a "legend" can do to piss off his team, but lying about an injury you know will affect your performance just to pad stats and get records is pretty high on the list.

They were never bringing him back in 2016. So if this is even true, it doesn't matter.

Tabris

Speaking of Tabris...

I haven't seen him talking shit lately! Where he been, oh wait both Mannings lost this week.

Sorry, it's been all about that Fallout 4 for my free time.

Peyton's body is just breaking down. I don't think he recovered from the injuries over last year. Now things like Planter Fasciitis and injured ribs.

Like look at the difference between Week 10 last year and today. People keep forgetting that before the injury in Week 10 - 12 (does anyone know?) he was on fire! He was at 28-6 TD to INT during Week 10, he was doing better then Tom Brady is doing now that's getting praised.

But when your arm strength is gone (which is even worse for Peyton as his arm feel is gone too), like most of these quarterbacks who are over 35-38 are, you have to throw with your entire body, and when you can't do that due to all of the foot, leg, or torso injuries - then there's not much left.

So I blame Kubiak putting Peyton in a system that would increase his chance of injury. They should have just went with Osweiller if they wanted to run that system.

So for you Pats fans (because that's the most vocal anti-Manning group), it's not going to take much to see Brady in same kind of situation, it was a drastic turn for Peyton. And like Manning and Favre, Brady won't retire quickly. So get ready to go through what I'm going through in a year or two.

Farooq

Banned
Wait C-Mike got cut? But but SPARQ score.
Corey White too? I guess Patmon won that CB competition.

Are they addressing DT depth now? Fangupo!

eznark

Banned
What? I played the demo on XBl, no problems, then the 10 hour Ea Access trial, also no problems, I havent seen anyone saying it is borked on XBL in the main thread. What are you referring to?

Why is it reviewing so much worse on the inferior hardware then?

Why is it reviewing so much worse on the inferior hardware then?

People like the shinys I guess. I honestly hadnt heard that it was reviewing worse on one platform or the other. It is 60 fps, on XB1 and looks great. It is such a fun game, it seems that the reviews that I did see knocked it for lack of content, but that is the same on both platforms.

Seahawks waived WR Chris Matthews.

Matthews came out of nowhere to post a 4/109/1 in last February's Super Bowl, but managed only four grabs through Seattle's first nine games. That's despite being active for all nine games. Although Matthews has an imposing 6-foot-5, 218-pound frame, he's now a fifth-year UDFA with four career regular season grabs. He's just about out of the league.
Take a flyer Raiders.

Godslay

Banned
Sorry, it's been all about that Fallout 4 for my free time.

Peyton's body is just breaking down. I don't think he recovered from the injuries over last year. Now things like Planter Fasciitis and injured ribs.

Like look at the difference between Week 10 last year and today. People keep forgetting that before the injury in Week 10 - 12 (does anyone know?) he was on fire! He was at 28-6 TD to INT during Week 10, he was doing better then Tom Brady is doing now that's getting praised.

But when your arm strength is gone (which is even worse for Peyton as his arm feel is gone too), like most of these quarterbacks who are over 35-38 are, you have to throw with your entire body, and when you can't do that due to all of the foot, leg, or torso injuries - then there's not much left.

So I blame Kubiak putting Peyton in a system that would increase his chance of injury. They should have just went with Osweiller if they wanted to run that system.

So for you Pats fans, it's not going to take much to see Brady in same kind of situation, it was a drastic turn for Peyton. And like Manning, Brady won't retire quickly. So get ready to go through what I'm going through in a year or two.

The thigh injury occurred Dec 14th, against the Chargers when Manning had the flu. That was Week 15. He started to decline after the Rams game, which was exactly 1 year ago today. Granted part of it was changes to how the team ran the offense, but that's the point things started to slide.

In terms of Kubes, if you are going to blame it on him, you have to blame it on Elway. The hiring of Kubes was the signal that the end of the Manning era draws near and a transition is beginning. Peyton knew that if he came back, he would have to adapt to the changes, and instead of retiring or asking for a trade he renegotiated his contract and decided to come back. Elway was fine with that, but they (Kubes and Manning) would have to meet in the middle and create some hybrid. That's what you saw with the pistol.

I love PM, but at the same time he can't hide injuries and pull down the team with his bad play. I gave him so much slack, and hoped that he would comeback and return to even half of what he was. Even with some time to heal, I'm not sure if he has it anymore. I'd love to be proven wrong and he heals up and lights the world on fire, but I don't think he would even succeed in his old offense.

I wish it would have ended better, and maybe it will (and I hope it does), but I wouldn't expect it.

Draxal

Valkyria news has me thinking of the Shining series all over again.

Glad the original is coming to yet another system (hopefully they touch some of the balance issues with the game). It really is a masterpiece.

I really can't wait to play Battlefront.

ampere

I hope Jabee gets banned for posting those gross images in the #Dancegate thread

Granted it's just rumors, but I'm sure it frustrates everyone involved if it's true.

Not like he was playing well... passing yard record mean that much to him? Just weird if true

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Lions' Stafford: Hats off to Ditka, we're buddies now

Patrick opened today's segment by asking Stafford whether he was wearing a hat. Stafford said he was, with the brim facing forward.

"Classy today," Stafford said. "I didn't want to bro out too hard."

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2015/11/17/matthew-stafford-backwards-hat/75927576/

First Lions article for the day, not sure what the quota is, but I found that Stafford quote funny. Interview with Dan Patrick in the link.

Top Bottom