• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 11 |OT| - A Fraud‘s Time

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
It's a damn shame what happened with Kiko. I was heated as fuck when the trade when down. Glad to see I was wrong (so far.) I wonder what Buffalo saw in him that made them decide they needed to trade him.

eznark

Banned
Any time you can trade a drunken ticking time bomb lunatic coming off an ACL tear for a valuable missing piece you have to do it.

Hammer24

Banned
All the criticism here directed towards Chip Kelly and certain players is not wrong, though the thing I found the most disturbing how much the team fell apart, going onto each others throats. Seems to me there is absolutely no chemistry.

squicken

All the criticism here directed towards Chip Kelly and certain players is not wrong, though the thing I found the most disturbing how much the team fell apart, going onto each others throats. Seems to me there is absolutely no chemistry.

It's been maddening watching the defense commit dumb offsides penalties on 3rd down. I don't know where the line of leadership and blaming is, but I'm not really mad at Jenkins for yelling at those guys. However, Jenkins has yelled at the receivers as well about drops. I like his fire. I know he cares. The problem there is he has dropped about 4 INTs this year, including one yesterday

The Sanchez/Sproles thing is endemic of the whole offense. At least 4-5 times a game a receiver does something the QB didn't expect.

It's these little attention to details things that make me worried about Chip the coach. I don't know how these errors are still uncorrected, other than coaching

Yeah, watching Rams games over the past 3-4 years showed me what bad offensive coaching looks like, and that isn't Chip. For the defense, I'm chalking it up to just one of those days

The GM part is the popular sentiment among the media and fans. Maclin and the OL have been the most frequently cited examples, but I think the Shady thing is bigger than previously thought. Murray is just not good at all in that offense. And Chip doesn't play Sproles enough b/c I think he feels the need to justify the Murray contract. I really wouldn't be upset if he cut Murray and went with Mathews, Sproles and Barner. That's how sick I am of Murray. He looks sooooo sloooooow. It's really not so much him as getting Mathews (once healthy) and Sproles on the field more

Yeah, that's a problem he wouldn't really have had in college where he could have benched Murray in favour of a walk on who was capable of performing better but in the NFL you see the economics getting in the way all the time. Rams had that problem with he-who-shall-not-be-named-lest-Yankee-starts-ranting-about-Foles-again being on that huge contract before the new rookie wage scale, making it impossible to ever bench him.

Teams would rather pay a guy millions to play like shit than to stand on the sidelines because they aren't willing to swallow their pride. Similar story with guys starting games even though they're clearly broken e.g. Peyton and Luck

I think ez isn't far off the mark when he says that Chip is best suited to being an OC than a head coach, he could be one of those guys who needs to be told what his boundaries are so he can simply focus on coaching without worrying about all the other bullshit that comes with being head coach.

They lack scrappiness, maybe Chip was right after all?

ColdPizza

Banned
How bad is Fisher looking lately with all the injuries to opposing QBs and now this Case Keenum stuff?

How bad must you dislike Foles to keep a concussed player in?

squicken

I really couldn't be more disappointed in how Andre Johnson turned out in Indy. He is definitely a guy playing b/c of his contract, and that one is probably on Pagano more than Grigson. Pagano lobbied hard for his old Miami guy

If I ever had a criticism of him in Houston, is that he wasn't a good jump ball guy. I always just figured he didn't have that skill, but as I have seen him progress, I wonder if he ever had the desire that Larry Fitz had. Dre had great talent and a great career, but he left something on the table. Hard to know if the bad QBs had something to do with it, but it's there.

How bad is Fisher looking lately with all the injuries to opposing QBs and now this Case Keenum stuff?

How bad must you dislike Foles to keep a concussed player in?

I think that one is on the league spotter. Either he or the refs needed to see the head hit the turf and get him out. The coaches never got to talk to him after that play before he fumbled.

I still can't get over how clueless Greg Robinson still is in pass protection

Fox318

wMamKig.gif

eznark

Banned
Can't really blame the teams for concussion actions anymore. League has completely taken the onus off the team and it is 100% in their best interest to let the players and league handle it. Avoid future lawsuits and nflpa action.

squicken

And that's why Larry will see the HoF one day and Dre will be forgotten.

BoB screwed up his QB situation pretty badly, but he got the Dre/Hopkins thing right. Dre really wouldn't deserve to start there, and Hopkins is a stud. The worry about him was that he would never be fast enough to make the big play deep, but he lit Revis on fire

Too bad they flushed those Mallett games. The defense is playing great. Maybe Hackenberg will get them over the top next year!

Spinluck

I really couldn't be more disappointed in how Andre Johnson turned out in Indy. He is definitely a guy playing b/c of his contract, and that one is probably on Pagano more than Grigson. Pagano lobbied hard for his old Miami guy

If I ever had a criticism of him in Houston, is that he wasn't a good jump ball guy. I always just figured he didn't have that skill, but as I have seen him progress, I wonder if he ever had the desire that Larry Fitz had. Dre had great talent and a great career, but he left something on the table. Hard to know if the bad QBs had something to do with it, but it's there.

The Gore signing on the other hand... Colts probably have 2 more losses without him.

Johnson has been trash, and you're right because the only time he's cared this season was against us in Houston.

Godslay

Banned
BoB screwed up his QB situation pretty badly, but he got the Dre/Hopkins thing right. Dre really wouldn't deserve to start there, and Hopkins is a stud. The worry about him was that he would never be fast enough to make the big play deep, but he lit Revis on fire

Too bad they flushed those Mallett games. The defense is playing great. Maybe Hackenberg will get them over the top next year!

Was it BoB or Rick?

:jnc

ColdPizza

Banned
I think that one is on the league spotter. Either he or the refs needed to see the head hit the turf and get him out. The coaches never got to talk to him after that play before he fumbled.

I still can't get over how clueless Greg Robinson still is in pass protection

I think you're right, but this made the Today show this morning and they kept showing footage of Fisher not doing anything, so even if it wasn't his responsibility he's still coming out looking bad.

Typical Pats fan, being all confused by having principles and sticking to em. You people would sacrifice newborns if it would help keep Belichick and Brady together for another 10 years.

Yep, cheering for the player who gives the most money to charity AND the winningest player of the last 15 years. FEELS WARM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...ned-door-arizona-cardinals-last-second-fg-nfl

There was some debate here last night about the late game third down call by the Bengals. Barnwell has a good look at the various angles

I don't think it was a bad call. It was aggressive, which is exactly what Dalton, Lewis, and the Bengals get criticized for NOT being, and so I though it was good to go out there and be aggressive on a play where they had the matchup. It wasn't even that bad of a play ,either, it was just underthrown and barely incomplete. Green still had hands on it and his feet were 6 inches out of bounds. I think you'd prefer the safe run up the middle or short pass, but if that play was stuffed, they kick the FG, and Arizona is able to march the field to score or win in OT, the Bengals could have been criticized for playing conservative and being predictable.

Meier

I was watching the game on my phone so I couldn't really comment during the game. What a performance. :) Weird to be back at .500...been a long time.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Yep, cheering for the player who gives the most money to charity AND the winningest player of the last 15 years. FEELS WARM

You heard it here first folks. Burning babies is cool as long as you give to the World Wide Wildlife fund and win some football games. Disgusting!

It's morning

I think

I think the Ravens season is officially over

Shocking I know, but I'm glad we're all here together in these troubling times :'[ I love you all so much

Godslay

Banned
I kinda hope Brock walks at the end of year.

I bet you do.

Situation is that if he plays well enough, Denver will sign him.

Otherwise they'll let him walk.

Pretty simple, the advantage isn't to Brock yet. He has to consistently play well from here on out to gain that ground.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/eagles/Angelo-Cataldi-takes-down-Chip-Kelly-on-WIP-.html

Cataldi seemed to rattle the Eagles head coach during an interview on Monday’s “WIP Morning Show,” who bristled at the idea he needed to show his players how angry he was after such a terrible game.

“If people want a screamer and yeller then let's hire you. You're pretty good at that,” Kelly said.

“I’ll tell you, I don’t think I’d be worse than 4-6,” Cataldi shot back.

yikes

Clockwork5

I woke up today realizing the Chiefs are good enough to win out the rest of their schedule and lose a wildcard game! Chiefs Kingdom!

Albatross: Arzona had no timeouts so if the run was stuffed the Bengals field goal would have been just about the last play of regulation. That's why it was situationally a bad call.

SonnyBoy

How can there be chemistry when you essentially display to your team and the world that you don't need them. And that they're all expendable at any cost of decency, e.g DJax.

Top Bottom