• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 11 |OT| - A Fraud‘s Time

Meier

Not yet. I was contemplating becoming one, as I´ve flown in to watch at least two games a year anyway (most often three times), for the last ten years at least. FO knows me, as I´ve organized tix for tour groups couple of times.

I'm sure they're losing sleep over it. Your loss.

Godslay

Banned
Did the Broncos explain why Peyton couldn't do his rehab with the team and be there on gameday?

Same reason Demarcus Ware didn't travel.

Coach's call, and they've been leaving guys back all year when travelling.

Let's be real here. Manning not playing is probably 80% benching, 20% injury. It's a performance benching. With more of these leaks coming out, it seems like someone in his camp isn't happy with it. Feels like Broncos are pushing him out, and some speculate he'll be IR'd.

Guess we'll have to wait and see. I doubt he plays this week, and it will be curious what happens long term.

Dragon

Banned
Donald Trump now counts as a charity?
Okay.

I don't know that I even have to look up this set of posts to think that you're talking about Brady. Brady's a pretty conservative guy, but not sure where you're getting the idea he gave money to Trump. Trump's a weird candidate and not exactly the prototypical conservative one.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I'm sure they're losing sleep over it. Your loss.

Bitch, he flies across an entire ocean for 8 hours just to watch football and drink shitty American beers. He's probably the only real Bucs fan around. The rest of the people are drunk hillbillies who wandered into what they thought was a double feature of NASCAR and goat fucking.

Hindl

Hi friends. I missed all the football yesterday driving home for Thanksgiving. I'm excited to see how my Eagles did. Even with Sanchez at quarterback we should be alri-

nLiWa5g.png

Oh.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
Brady didn't endorse Trump for president. Seriously read http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...nts-on-donald-trump-were-taken-out-of-context

I get being lazy but spreading false information because you hate the guy while your team president (and probably best player in franchise history) is a dude who endorsed Mitt Romney is pretty dumb.

Oh yeah, after a few weeks to think on it i'm sure he would try and distance himself. The last paragraph is proof enough that he knew what he was doing.

Brady didn't endorse Trump for president. Seriously read http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...nts-on-donald-trump-were-taken-out-of-context

I get being lazy but spreading false information because you hate the guy while your team president (and probably best player in franchise history) is a dude who endorsed Mitt Romney is pretty dumb.

How is the information false? Just because Brady is a moron who doubled back on his own comments doesn't mean he never made them.

How can there be chemistry when you essentially display to your team and the world that you don't need them. And that they're all expendable at any cost of decency, e.g DJax.

What does this even mean? Every team in the NFL gets rid of players every offseason. Would it have been better if Chip dumped him because he didnt think he was worth the money, or because he didnt want to deal with the grumbling about his contract? Every single NFL team cuts guys everyoffseason, plus there were a bunch of reports about DJax teammates not even liking him. Cut DJax has nothing to do with the current problems. Not resigning Maclin has been a killer though, but not sure what Chip could have done differently there. They offered him a deal that was very close to what he got in KC, but Maclin wanted to play closer to home and for Ried.

I really think that might have been one of the worst games I have ever seen from a QB. Watching at home I was yelling at the TV the whole game, omg he is open, but butt fumble would hold the ball to long, or go to the wrong guy. Josh Huff catches a pass in the first quarter makes 3 guys miss and scores, butt fumble doesnt even look his way again the rest of the game. He is fucking trash, Maclin and Shady made him look better then he was last year. It is a god damn miracle that Bradford is able to make this offense work at all. The OL sucks, the WR's drop everything, Celek is basically an OL now, and Cooper is also just a blocker. The Eagles need to resign Bradford right this second. No way can they wind up in a situation where butt fumble is the starter next year.

LJ11

LOL at that Sanchez screenshot, watched it live and I'm where the fuck is he going with that throw, seem to recall another LB right in the area as well. That's the thing with Sanchez, he's just a turnover machine.

squicken

In just 64 attempts!
Reuben Frank ‏@RoobCSN
Mark Sanchez has thrown more interceptions this year than Aaron Rodgers, Alex Smith and Tom Brady.

https://t.co/l3KOZmfprh

This is a cool pressure look from the Texans. Clowney and Watt on the same side, with a LB over the center. Guarantees that Watt will be one and one and he kills the right tackle. The LB backs out, so it's still just a 4 man rush

Clowney actually had a really good game. With Mercillus' emergence, maybe all the hype comes to fruition

Crisco

Banned
"We shouldn't have to be punished for that. It's been every game, calls after calls that should've been made in our favor, but it goes to them. It's just not right. We're in the league, too. We're [NFL] players. We got a team, too. We go out there, and we sweat and work hard, too. I don't give a crap about the name. We are players. We've got feelings, too, and we want to win, too."

FVvd7OF.gif

eznark

Banned
Two weeks ago, Tom Brady was asked about Donald Trump winning the 2016 presidential election.

"I hope so. That would be great," the Patriots quarterback said at the time.

It is 100% accurate to say he endorsed Tump for President. The fact that he came back two weeks later and said he was too stupid to have an opinion doesn't disappear his comments.

I can see why Boston fans would think it would though, since they also like to pretend David Ortiz didn't admit to steroid use.

LJ11

In just 64 attempts!

https://t.co/l3KOZmfprh

This is a cool pressure look from the Texans. Clowney and Watt on the same side, with a LB over the center. Guarantees that Watt will be one and one and he kills the right tackle. The LB backs out, so it's still just a 4 man rush

Clowney actually had a really good game. With Mercillus' emergence, maybe all the hype comes to fruition

Clowney was dipping inside a ton yesterday, he wanted to get inside the Tackle a bunch, he just has to start setting it up. Once he gets that speed going on the outside rush, gets the tackle to kick out quicker, he'll have the inside all day. I like that he wants to knife through there, just needs to set it up. Get the tackle worried.

brentech

I really think that might have been one of the worst games I have ever seen from a QB. Watching at home I was yelling at the TV the whole game, omg he is open, but butt fumble would hold the ball to long, or go to the wrong guy. Josh Huff catches a pass in the first quarter makes 3 guys miss and scores, butt fumble doesnt even look his way again the rest of the game. He is fucking trash, Maclin and Shady made him look better then he was last year. It is a god damn miracle that Bradford is able to make this offense work at all. The OL sucks, the WR's drop everything, Celek is basically an OL now, and Cooper is also just a blocker. The Eagles need to resign Bradford right this second. No way can they wind up in a situation where butt fumble is the starter next year.
Bradford does play great on defense. Throw all the money at him.

ampere

Pats open up as 5.5 pt favorites in Denver.

That blowout prediction is still looking pretty good.

It's possible, but I'll have to see how we look against a good defense tonight without Edelman or Lewis.

It is 100% accurate to say he endorsed Tump for President. The fact that he came back two weeks later and said he was too stupid to have an opinion doesn't disappear his comments.

I can see why Boston fans would think it would though, since they also like to pretend David Ortiz didn't admit to steroid use.

Brady is a weird person. I don't know why he's friends with Trump, but w/e

Ortiz kinda redeemed himself by being just as great a player after not having another failed drug test. I admit that Manny never did the same comeback

squicken

Clowney was dipping inside a ton yesterday, he wanted to get inside the Tackle a bunch, he just has to start setting it up. Once he gets that speed going on the outside rush, gets the tackle to kick out quicker, he'll have the inside all day. I like that he wants to knife through there, just needs to set it up. Get the tackle worried.

Clowney.gif

Haven't finished re-watching yet, but PFF had a brief writeup on his day

https://www.profootballfocus.com/bl...on-clowney-helping-fuel-houstons-playoff-bid/

eznark

Banned
It's possible, but I'll have to see how we look against a good defense tonight without Edelman or Lewis.

Ortiz kinda redeemed himself by being just as great a player after not having another failed drug test. I admit that Manny never did the same comeback

I personally do not give a shit about athletes politics unless they are a truther or something, but claiming Brady didn't endorse Trump is just delusional.

I also don't have a problem with steroid use, except in the case of Ortiz where the media pretends he didn't fail a test and will not punish him the same way they'll punish a guy like Bonds.

Godslay

Banned

Is Gronk playing, is Brady healthy, is Jones still sacking, Belichick still have Asperger's?

More probably than not, Pats beat the Broncos is any of the above remains true.

JABEE

LOL at that Sanchez screenshot, watched it live and I'm where the fuck is he going with that throw, seem to recall another LB right in the area as well. That's the thing with Sanchez, he's just a turnover machine.

In some ways, I'm pissed at Chip Kelly, but what can you do when your QBs are unable to see this and execute.

Kelly's mistake was not having a QB in the NFL. Foles is bad. Bradford is bad. Sanchez is bad.

Giving up a 2nd for Bradford is the only thing I am annoyed about.

As GM, I don't understand what other stupid things he has done. Drafting Agholor, Rowe, and Hicks in the first three rounds? Extending Kendricks on a good deal.

The Maxwell deal isn't working out. Kiko Alonso is injured.

The running back situation has actually worked. I'm not sure how you could criticize that.

For the first 9 weeks of the season our safeties have been some of the best in the league.

Walter Thurmond was a Chip Kelly signing.

Todd Herremans and Evan Mathis were both released. Herremans was benched in Indy, and Mathis made a shit ton of money as an old guard.

Ortiz didn't redeem shit. He just made sure to properly hide his juicing schedule.

ampere

I also don't have a problem with steroid use, except in the case of Ortiz where the media pretends he didn't fail a test and will not punish him the same way they'll punish a guy like Bonds.

I mean, a lot of people are predicting Ortiz won't get in the HoF either because of the failed test, but yea Bonds is much more associated with roids even though he never failed a test afaik, just got really jacked later in his career

Euron

So does anybody actually have a shot at beating the Pats or will we have to wait for the playoffs?

Because the Bills and the Gimped Broncos sure as hell won't.

eznark

Banned
Ortiz didn't redeem shit. He just made sure to properly hide his juicing schedule.

He fucking apologized for juicing! But ESPN makes too much money from the Sox to ermind anyone.

I mean, a lot of people are predicting Ortiz won't get in the HoF either because of the failed test, but yea Bonds is much more associated with roids even though he never failed a test afaik, just got really jacked later in his career

I haven't heard anyone who votes predicting Ortiz will be punished for cheating.

ampere

I haven't heard anyone who votes predicting Ortiz will be punished for cheating.

You're probably right then, I read some speculation that he would, but no idea who wrote it and if they are a voter. FWIW I think Bonds should be in the HoF too

Top Bottom