• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 11 |OT| - A Fraud‘s Time

Crisco

Banned
I think playing Dallas on a short week benefits both team's offenses. Carolina is a hard team to prepare for, we do basically everything in the run game and Cam has become a dangerous enough passer that you can't ignore any part of the field even with our shit basket of receivers. 3 days isn't nearly enough time to learn all our tendencies in the run game or implement a pressure scheme to make Cam uncomfortable in the pocket.

On the flip side, I think it helps Dallas that they don't have time to scheme up a complex gameplan. Frankly, you're just not going to outsmart Kuechly and Davis with anything cute. The best way to beat us is to line up seven on seven, win at the point of attack, and run it down our throats which will open up play action down the middle of the field against our weak safeties. Dallas actually has the personnel to do that and could really expose our weaknesses on defense if they just keep it simple and play to their strengths.

Overall, I expect a fairly high scoring and entertaining game, with both teams putting up 3 or 4 TDs. Late INT by Romo leads to Cam dabbing on the star at midfield after a kneel down :)

LJ11

Haven't finished re-watching yet, but PFF had a brief writeup on his day

https://www.profootballfocus.com/bl...on-clowney-helping-fuel-houstons-playoff-bid/

They did a small write up early in the year about his run D too, good to see. Hope he figures it out, just needs some grooming, he's awfully young as well. There were a couple of stunts late in the game that he/they flubbed, that's chemistry more than anything, knowing where his teammate is going etc. You see that this year with the Bills, they look lost up front, 4 of these guys had 10+ sacks last year and you see them running into each other on twists/stunts. Clowney gets a lot of shit, but man, he's worth taking a risk on, the guy is insanely gifted.

MRSA

Banned
When I wake up, I tell myself, "At least I don't live in Ohio".

Morning BG!

12063144_1643945315876392_1902704983_n.jpg

squeeeeeee

squicken

Bradford is practicing. I don't think they wanted to start him this week with the shoulder injury, but don't really have a choice. That Sproles thing probably didn't do Sanchez any favors

Dragon

Banned
How is the information false? Just because Brady is a moron who doubled back on his own comments doesn't mean he never made them.

If he retracts the comments, it certainly means he's not endorsing him now. Like, I'm not going to defend Brady's political views, I find them abhorrent. Retracting comments doesn't make you a moron though. Admitting mistakes is tough to do in this thread, let alone on a public forum (puns are fun).

Is Edgar Martinez in the Hall yet or what

He deserves to be!

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
1) Deandre Hopkins just might be the best WR in the league. Show me another receiver that has his numbers with the QBs he's playing with and lack of run game.

2) /eznark herp derp "jj watt the article" only plays for stats. /eznark When was the last time a 3/4 defensive end lead their team in solo tackles? Probably the last time JJ did it. 8 solo tackles, 5 TFL, 2 sacks and some qb hits and hurries. Yea he just plays for stats. He could retire right now and probably make the hall of fame, he keeps it up and he'll go down as one of if not the best defensive lineman to ever play.

Furthermore, all the hand wringing over people leaving the thread/community the last few days, how bout you guys stop trying to be funny trolls, eznark barely pulls it off some of the time, most of the time he just comes across as an asshole. Like last night, a bunch of you were all lol bengals quit!!!1one, how bout instead LOL bengals just quit, how bout giving credit where its due, to the Cardinals getting their best receiver wide open and making plays. The Bengals didn't quit, the cards were just better. This happens in all the games in these threads, QB throws an INT that bounces off the receivers hands and people like LMAO QB sucks as if its his fault. You people would rather tear other teams and players down than give credit, most of the time.

3) can we stop with the lol AFCS worth division in history, ever? seriously the hyperbole, its too much.

4) any jets fan that talked shit about the Texans this year, consider this your thorough mocking. Also how's fitzy working out? He did yesterday, what he did all last year for us, keep you in the game with his legs and his arm and then throw a couple of untimely INTS.

5) how the fuck was Fitzpatrick not taken out of the game yesterday? He got clocked in the head at the goalline, helmet comes off and he looks like he doesn't have a clue where he is. If the NFL is all about player safety (they're not, they're like the TSA of concussions) Case Keenum and Fitzpatrick shouldn't have come back in their respective games.

6) Fuck the colts, they've been winning bullshit games like that ever since Luck came in the league. Also fuck the Falcons, jesus Christ, up 21 to 7, you can't score a single fucking point? Its like your superbowl was blowing out the Texans at home.

some random shit:

I agree. Fuck it. Why risk Flacco getting hurt in this fucking season. Everybody else is already hurt. We're on a third string RB for the rest of the year at best, and have a whole starting platoon of receivers out.

And if Schaub gets hurt, fuck it. Just kneel every offensive play.
amazing that this last statement was uttered "and if schaub gets hurt"

You have to watch a ton of bad football to realize some of the stuff Steeler fans complained about was stupid, you get spoiled. At least on GAF, a good amount trashed the fuck out of him, so did Lonestar. Where is Lone? Haven't seen that dude in ages, haven't entered the CFB thread at all this year though.
they're still complaining about him! when the Cardinals lost earlier some were like lols Arians, as if he's the one that left and like he trashed the organization on his way out.

Damn, don't get that kind of back and forth from most coach shows. He was getting killed in his post-game PC and I guess he was prickly this morning. He's got his Monday morning PC in 30 minutes or so, so that should be fun

And tough guy radio dude would certainly be worse than 4-6
That tough east coast media, produces such winners! This argument drives me nuts when people say Houston media is soft, as if the media has any control over whether a team plays well or not.

7) and finally, I don't care if the Texans win another game all year, I got my Jack, or whatever I prefer to buy.

that's fine. So just for official sake, you are better that they go 4-12 or worse, and I'm betting that they do better. So if they go 5-11 or better I win, 4-12 or worse and you win? And the winner gets a prepaid giftcard of some sort.

bitch! would you like to paypal me the money or send me an actual gift card?

Bitanator

The loss of Claiborne this week is killer, Byron Jones is obviously more comfortable playing safety and taking care of tight ends, this will be a tough as nails match up. I really wish we were playing the redskins on Thursday, but at 3-7 you can't ask for too many miracles

eznark

Banned

If he retracts the comments, it certainly means he's not endorsing him now. Like, I'm not going to defend Brady's political views, I find them abhorrent. Retracting comments doesn't make you a moron though. Admitting mistakes is tough to do in this thread, let alone on a public forum (puns are fun).

You said he never endorsed him. He clearly did.

I get being lazy but spreading false information because you love a guy while your owner murdered his wife and is sleeping with the commissioner is pretty dumb.

Yeah, though at the time I didn't think so. Ez is right, guy has the offensive mind but that's about it
I think Chip the GM has done a much better job then Chip the coach this year. The secondary was the worst in football last year and has been much improved this year. Jaybee hit on a bunch of the other stuff but for a first time GM I have been very happy with the moves he made. The biggest problem this year has been the OL, and no one would have predicted that the guys who played okay last year would be so terrible this year. If the OL had been better the Eagles would be a significantly better team this year. They have also been incredibly unlucky so far this year, but hopefully some of that will even out this year.

Bradford is practicing. I don't think they wanted to start him this week with the shoulder injury, but don't really have a choice. That Sproles thing probably didn't do Sanchez any favors

I really still dont understand what butt fumbles end game was there, Sproles was one of the few guys doing anything on offense, and to publicly call him out when it was terrible pass is just stupid.

And we'll be there again next September....
I dunno man, I'm kind of done with Tannehill. At the end of last season I wasn't convinced we'd seen his ceiling physically or mentally. Now I think we've seen both, and it's a poor man's Joe Flacco.

Throw in the inability of Ross and co. to put together a decent roster and you know this team will never be anything but mediocre. I feel like my optimism is completely drained at this point, I'm back to Henne-era emotions.

BigAT

BigAT I forget, are you a Yankees or Mets fan? I just need to know whether to make fun of you for steroids or coke.

Yankees, but feel free to find a post in which I claim A-Rod is clean now because he hasn't failed a test since his return.
Just ignore all the ones where I call him America's greatest hero

squicken

As one of the few people here who remembers the Foot Locker dunk contests, this was the best one

http://i.imgur.com/5BJ8usn.gifv

I really still dont understand what butt fumbles end game was there, Sproles was one of the few guys doing anything on offense, and to publicly call him out when it was terrible pass is just stupid.

As much as I liked some of his drives last week, and the first drive this week, he just fell apart. That INT at the end of the half mattered. Get a score there and at least it is 28-17 or even 28-21. I'm sure he was upset b/c he thought he could win the job with a good showing

I dunno man, I'm kind of done with Tannehill. At the end of last season I wasn't convinced we'd seen his ceiling physically or mentally. Now I think we've seen both, and it's a poor man's Joe Flacco.

Throw in the inability of Ross and co. to put together a decent roster and you know this team will never be anything but mediocre. I feel like my optimism is completely drained at this point, I'm back to Henne-era emotions.

Eh I still think tannehill can be salvaged with a better OC, Lazor is atrocious, just fucken awful. Don't think I'm trying to settle for Tannehill either but the QB situation around the league is dire and college QBs don't instill much hope that it's going to get better. You're right about Ross, he just kills any enthusiasm you might have for the future with his bullshit.

eznark

Banned
Eh I still think tannehill can be salvaged with a better OC, Lazor is atrocious, just fucken awful. Don't think I'm trying to settle for Tannehill either but the QB situation around the league is dire and college QBs don't instill much hope that it's going to get better. You're right about Ross, he just kills any enthusiasm you might have for the future with his bullshit.

Which OC do you think is a good fit for Tannehill?

Dragon

Banned
Darkest, who are you going to replace Tannehill with? I think he's good enough to be on a playoff team if he doesn't have a shitty offensive line and play calling.

jmdajr

Is Colts D underrated? How the fuck do they keep winning?

It can't be just Luck..figuratively and literally.

edit; They rank 27th in total defense!

Darkest, who are you going to replace Tannehill with? I think he's good enough to be on a playoff team if he doesn't have a shitty offensive line and play calling.
No one. He's the franchise QB, there is no better option. Doesn't mean he's anything more than a mediocre QB though, or that I have to be positive about the team's outlook with him at the helm.

Tannehill has middling situational awareness, bad pocket footwork, and bad pocket presence. He takes awful sacks and doesn't feel pressure. I'm also so tired of watching him throw short of the sticks on third and long. He's also frustratingly inconsistent.

Godslay

Banned
How dumb does Michael Silver look now?

Word out of the horse's mouth is that he never tried to trade Osweiler, that horse being Elway.

Maybe Silver is distorting the fact that Houston did some poking around and if rumors are true offered a 6th for Oz.

cashman

Banned
Furthermore, all the hand wringing over people leaving the thread/community the last few days, how bout you guys stop trying to be funny trolls, eznark barely pulls it off some of the time, most of the time he just comes across as an asshole. Like last night, a bunch of you were all lol bengals quit!!!1one, how bout instead LOL bengals just quit, how bout giving credit where its due, to the Cardinals getting their best receiver wide open and making plays. The Bengals didn't quit, the cards were just better. This happens in all the games in these threads, QB throws an INT that bounces off the receivers hands and people like LMAO QB sucks as if its his fault. You people would rather tear other teams and players down than give credit, most of the time.
More people left the thread?

'Gator_Bait.jpg

Ortiz is just not a smarmy asshole the way A-Rod is. That's why you'll see people defend him and not A-Rod. Not saying it's right or it matters or anything like that.

That's all it is. A-Rod pissed off the wrong people in his playing career and Ortiz didn't. That's the only difference. Both of them are proven juicers.

squicken

Is Colts D underrated? How the fuck do they keep winning?

It can't be just Luck..figuratively and literally.

edit; They rank 27th in total defense!

Their defense is better than that. The offense has had them on the field so much they give up lots of yards.

By EPA they are 18th, DVOA they are 19th. Been decent at forcing turnovers. And they really only have the one good win over Denver. Mostly just beat bad and mediocre teams

MechDX

I don't understand why mech pays so much attention to the Texans......

I live in Houston, its in all the news. Hard to get good Bucs coverage here. :(

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/a...-vs-Jets/399beb6b-7e84-4ef7-9546-21b5bbbbe366

Before I forget, the Texans have won games with three different starting quarterbacks this season, which matched the number last year. In fact, Bill O’Brien’s 14 wins have come from five different quarterbacks over two seasons - Ryan Fitzpatrick, Ryan Mallett, Case Keenum, Brian Hoyer and today’s starter T.J. Yates. Amazing to think about, honestly.

O'Brien is like the anti-Cleveland. Wonder what he could do with a legit starting QB

Top Bottom