• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 11 |OT| - A Fraud‘s Time

jmdajr

I am gonna collect on those 10 free Mc Donalds chicken nuggets. McDonald's corp probbaly can't believe the Texans reached the 100 yards in the rushing game.

LJ11

Coples best position was at 4-3 DE. Never a great fit in a 3-4. Wouldn't mind the Panthers taking a flyer on him for the stretch run.

You're right about him not fitting in a 3-4 but I don't think he fits a 4-3 either, he's a man without a position. Hated him coming out, his only hope was Rex, he finds ways to get middle of the road talent to play well on his DL, never worked out for him. Not a good athlete, stiff as a board, hard to be a pass rusher on the outside when you lack any kind of bend. Maybe he can be a situational rusher but on the interior, I just don't see it with him anywhere to be honest, but you never know.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
More people left the thread?

idunno, someone last night posted something along the lines of last year at this time there was like 2000 more posts at the same time than this year?

Probably at least 500 less posts from cowboys fans that haven't shown up cause they lost 7 in a row.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
CUgVaR1WsAAcwv-.jpg:large

TheFatOne

Every other team would have to pass on him for that to happen

For sure. I just meant if he happened to drop that low. No way a former first round pick makes it down that far. Even though he has motivation issues/talk about him not loving football. Would definitely take a chance on him if he were available. The issue is that I have read he lost weight to play OLB so that would be a potential problem for the team he signs for.

Crisco

Banned
Coples best position was at 4-3 DE. Never a great fit in a 3-4. Wouldn't mind the Panthers taking a flyer on him for the stretch run.

With CJ coming back, I don't want to mess with team chemistry for depth we don't need right now. If Ealy blows out his knee before the playoffs, then sure, but I like where the DE rotation is at the moment.

Raiders going to take a flyer on Coples

Maybe if the Raiders record was their usual 1 win at this point in the season they get him, teams with worst records have first dibs, if he clears the 24 hours without being claimed then he's officially a FA..

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
For sure. I just meant if he happened to drop that low. No way a former first round pick makes it down that far.

lolwut

If the guy had any value, he wouldn't have been cut. There are guys who were drafted before him that aren't even in the league anymore.

cashman

Banned
idunno, someone last night posted something along the lines of last year at this time there was like 2000 more posts at the same time than this year?

Probably at least 500 less posts from cowboys fans that haven't shown up cause they lost 7 in a row.

Cowboys fans never really took over this thread the way that Pats/packers fans tend to do, even when they were good.

jmdajr

What is you Twitter handle?

Watts numbers are simply amazing at times. He constantly gets double and triple teamed and still puts up the numbers. Amazing

Man I never post anything. I just follow cool people like Watt!

Yesterday Watt, Clowney, and Mercilus really came together,

Hell Cushing ranks 7th this season in tackles. Pretty good if you ask me.

cdyhybrid

I wonder if these people defending admitted juicer David Ortiz are the same ones that still hold failing an improperly administered test against Sherman, even though he's never tested positive before or since.

TheFatOne

lolwut

If the guy had any value, he wouldn't have been cut. There are guys who were drafted before him that aren't even in the league anymore.

Low risk on a guy who can be an added depth piece for the defense. Don't see what's so crazy about it. You cut some guy who is never going to play anyway, and try to see if Coples can be productive in your system. If he isn't no harm done, and you cut him. If he works out then he is another depth piece for the defense. There is zero risk for the Pats in taking a flyer out on a player like this. Also you honestly can't believe the bolded do you? Simply because a team cuts a player doesn't mean he has no value. He may not have been the right fit for the system or the team fails to see the players potential. I mean Jets cut Danny Woodhead so he shouldn't have had any value. Turns out he was a damn fine running back if you use him correctly. Teams make bad decisions all the time.

Didn't they do that to Michael Irvin?

No. Go back and watch that again. I was at that game, no one was cheering when Irving was down on the field. People were screaming at Deon Sanders, who was off to the side doing some idiot dance and egging the crowd on. People cheered when they brought out the cart and helped Irving off the field, which they do any time a player is hurt, Eagles player or not. If that same thing had happened in any other city in America you would not have heard one word about it. It is just some really weird narrative that has popped up around Eagles fans. There are so many incidents involving NY fans but you never hear the same narrative about them.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Low risk on a guy who can be an added depth piece for the defense. Don't see what's so crazy about it. You cut some guy who is never going to play anyway, and try to see if Coples can be productive in your system. If he isn't no harm done, and you cut him. If he works out then he is another depth piece for the defense. There is zero risk for the Pats in taking a flyer out on a player like this. Also you honestly can't believe the bolded do you? Simply because a team cuts a player doesn't mean he has no value. He may not have been the right fit for the system or the team fails to see the players potential. I mean Jets cut Danny Woodhead so he shouldn't have had any value. Turns out he was a damn fine running back if you use him correctly. Teams make bad decisions all the time.

By value, I mean trade value. Hence, no value. Doesn't mean the guy is worthless or that he won't be claimed on waivers. I simply scoff at the idea that since the guy is a former first round pick, he's a lock to be claimed. After a guy has been in the league a while, his draft position means exactly jack shit.

Gigglepoo

Looking at the playoff picture, it looks like we're going to have a dreadful first weekend. Our best chance?

Patriots/Bengals bye

Broncos vs Chiefs
Colts vs. Steelers

Panthers/Cardinals bye

Packers vs Vikings
Cowboys vs Giants

I have no idea who to give the final two NFC spots to. Who do we trust to have a good game? Slim pickings.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Man I never post anything. I just follow cool people like Watt!

Yesterday Watt, Clowney, and Mercilus really came together,

Hell Cushing ranks 7th this season in tackles. Pretty good if you ask me.
Eh, Cushing was slow earlier this season. Seems to be playing faster od late.
But putting Clowney at Right DE with Mercilus at ROLB alone presents a problem for any oline, then you've got Watt on the other side. Hopefully they can all stay healthy and keep playing together.

Bucs, Jags, Titans, Jets and Bungles are all assholes
Thanks for honoring your bet, so far bro.

Wow at that JFF stuff. Even for him that seems really crazy. Most people would get a chance to start and really buckle down and give it 100%, I really wonder if another team will even give him a chance once the Browns give up on him.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wow at that JFF stuff. Even for him that seems really crazy. Most people would get a chance to start and really buckle down and give it 100%, I really wonder if another team will even give him a chance once the Browns give up on him.

He doesn't have the necessary skill set to even be in the NFL at QB, let alone talented enough to be a fuck up.

MechDX

There is always the chance the Browns forget they cut him and sign him.

Bread

Banned
i feel like mech has an abandoned son who had alcohol problems in the past and that's why he holds such hatred for JFF

MechDX

i feel like mech has an abandoned son who had alcohol problems in the past and that's why he holds such hatred for JFF

I honestly hoped he fixed his issues after he went to rehab. I posted about it here but the only one who bothered reading it was Kave.

Saw this coming a mile away and had to live through the same Shit that happened with the VY zealots when JFF was in the draft here in Houston

TheFatOne

By value, I mean trade value. Hence, no value. Doesn't mean the guy is worthless or that he won't be claimed on waivers. I simply scoff at the idea that since the guy is a former first round pick, he's a lock to be claimed. After a guy has been in the league a while, his draft position means exactly jack shit.
Ahh gotcha.

Crisco

Banned
Chicago Bears (@ChicagoBears)
6 mins ago
#Bears have waived QB Jimmy Clausen and promoted QB David Fales to active roster.

Good night sweet prince, you weren't the hero we deserved, but the one we needed ........ to go 2-14 and draft Cam Newton #1.

Top Bottom