• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 11 |OT| - A Fraud‘s Time

jmdajr

I'm a Bucs fan and I'm excited about my team.

This doesn't feel right.

I am excited for your team too. Don't let us down.

cause if Colts win...

c02.gif

May as well say it now before we lose a game @DAL on 3 days rest and get declared frauds by the national media.

Nah, the good thing about losing to the Cowboys is that the experts will all be too busy jumping over each other to be the first one to pencil the Boys into the Super Bowl to worry about the Panthers being the worst 10-1 team in the history of North American professional sports...unless..Cam dabs at any point in the game and they lose. Oh Ravens QB Tebow don't let that happen.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Nah, the good thing about losing to the Cowboys is that the experts will all be too busy jumping over each other to be the first one to pencil the Boys into the Super Bowl to worry about the Panthers being the worst 10-1 team in the history of North American professional sports...unless..Cam dabs at any point in the game and they lose. Oh Ravens QB Tebow don't let that happen.

Seriously. Give credit where it's due, the Pats deserve headlines. But to hear ESPN, SI and the like tell it, they're basically already 18-0 and heading into the Super Bowl and the Panthers, well they must have lost a game or two right? I mean, they're ok, but we really only cover them when that "thug" quarterback of their does a dance and pisses off 2 old white dudes in Oklahoma.

The Panthers are by far the least respected perfect team in NFL history.

May as well say it now before we lose a game @DAL on 3 days rest and get declared frauds by the national media.

Romo has a weird practice schedule that he needs or hes useless

They had him on regular schedule at the season opener, loss

they lost the games he missed

they lost thanksgiving on a short week because of his weird practice schedule

Panthers are (probably) fine

MechDX

ez was right.

No he wasn't.

Seriously. Give credit where it's due, the Pats deserve headlines. But to hear ESPN, SI and the like tell it, they're basically already 18-0 and heading into the Super Bowl and the Panthers, well they must have lost a game or two right? I mean, they're ok, but we really only cover them when that "thug" quarterback of their does a dance and pisses off 2 old white dudes in Oklahoma.

Exactly. See this shit constantly with the fucking Colts as well even though they haven't done a fucking thing to deserve it (look at their record vs. teams with a winning record). I am not a big Cam Newton fan but him and the Panthers don't get a lot of respect around the league.

eznark

Banned
I see you posted another thing you were wrong about.

I feel bad about that one, it's up there with loving Lohsman. Your franchise quarterback turned out to be a total garbage man but hey, at least some random guy on the internet was wrong about him. Glad that makes you happy, friend!

I can't wait to see who the Ravens sign to back up Schaub, if they can't reach a deal with Tebow.

Jason Campbell?
Sexy Rexy?
Josh Freeman?
Terrelle Pryor?

This is gonna be fun

Gigglepoo

Bill Simmons made a point on his podcast that a lot of the ambivalence toward Caroline stems from Fantasy Football. They're skill player are so pedestrian that it's hard for people to take them seriously. One of a million reasons why FF is garbage.

eznark

Banned
Bill Simmons made a point on his podcast that a lot of the ambivalence toward Caroline stems from Fantasy Football. They're skill player are so pedestrian that it's hard for people to take them seriously. One of a million reasons why FF is garbage.

Would love to hear his evidence for this.

Do you often dwell on the things that make you sad? If so, might I suggest stopping doing that?
You are right about most of the stuff you post. I think you're one of the best posters in this thread. It figures that the time you were the most off involves my team being the disappointing shitfest that they are.

I was already a little optimistic and you made it worse. I will never forget!

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I can't wait to see who the Ravens sign to back up Schaub, if they can't reach a deal with Tebow.

Jason Campbell?
Sexy Rexy?
Josh Freeman?
Terrelle Pryor?

This is gonna be fun

Are they really trying to sign Tebow, or is this one of those me-mes the 4chans hackers are on about?

eznark

Banned
You are right about most of the stuff you post. I think you're one of the best posters in this thread. It figures that the time you were the most off involves my team being the disappointing shitfest that they are.

I was already a little optimistic and you made it worse. I will never forget!

I am one million percent sincere when I tell you that I truly believed they would be a 10+ win team and a playoff lock this year. That was mostly because I thought Lazor (and Philbin to a lesser extent) would have helped Tannehill make significant progress. Lots of teams overcome shitty offensive lines, most, in fact, and that was the only glaring weakness I saw.

Oh well!

You would have to listen to Bill Simmons speak!
Fuck great point, never mind.

Gigglepoo

Would love to hear his evidence for this.

He doesn't have any evidence, it's just a theory. "Ted Ginn Jr? Some guy named Funches? They can't be that good!"

It's the reverse of the Colts situation. People thought they were great because Luck puts up mad numbers.

eznark

Banned
He doesn't have any evidence, it's just a theory. "Ted Ginn Jr? Some guy named Funches? They can't be that good!"

It's the reverse of the Colts situation. People think thought they were great because Luck puts up mad numbers.

For sure. Has nothing to do with three straight 11 win seasons. Probably just because of fantasy stats.

I am one million percent sincere when I tell you that I truly believed they would be a 10+ win team and a playoff lock this year. That was mostly because I thought Lazor (and Philbin to a lesser extent) would have helped Tannehill make significant progress. Lots of teams overcome shitty offensive lines, most, in fact, and that was the only glaring weakness I saw.

Oh well!

I don't think anyone saw the Dolphins imploding as bad as they are in more than just the QB spot. Tannehill isn't playing terribly, but he's not doing enough and makes some really idiotic decisions.

Even though we might not have seen it coming, i can't say anything here is surprising to me.

eznark

Banned
Why do you think the Panthers get so little respect?

First off, I don't buy the premise. Cam Newton has been the darling MVP pick for over a month. Riverboat Ron has been beloved for a year and a half. The defense is revered and Luke Kuechly is talked about as being only bested by Watt.

I think the skill position players outside of Olsen (who has been getting pimped since his Bears days and is finally playing to potential the last two years) don't get respect because they aren't particularly good.

I don't think anyone saw the Dolphins imploding as bad as they are in more than just the QB spot. Tannehill isn't playing terribly, but he's not doing enough and makes some really idiotic decisions.

He is worse than he was two years ago. That is a stunning (but true) statement.

First off, I don't buy the premise. Cam Newton has been the darling MVP pick for over a month. Riverboat Ron has been beloved for a year and a half. The defense is revered and Luke Kuechly is talked about as being only bested by Watt.

I think the skill position players outside of Olsen (who has been getting pimped since his Bears days and is finally playing to potential the last two years) don't get respect because they aren't particularly good.

If by true you mean false sure.

I love the color rush jerseys.

I haven't seen them?? Wait unless you mean the ones from the last two weeks...

He has absolutely regressed which is baffling because I think the talent surrounding him on offense is higher than it's ever been.

I just meant in general. I think it's a cool idea. I don't think the Dolphins will get any because they already played on TNF.

Ah ok that's what I figured.

Two years ago? Disagree. Hes more accurate this year comparatively and producing significantly better numbers.

He defenitely hasn't improved this year compared to last though and has regressed.

eznark

Banned
Two years ago? Disagree. Hes more accurate this year comparatively and producing significantly better numbers.

He defenitely hasn't improved this year compared to last though and has regressed.

No he isn't, especially when you remember just how abysmal THAT line was.

It's probably slightly overstating it to say that he is worse than he was in 2013, but he is certainly not any better and he is significantly worse than last year (INT rate almost 50% higher year over year). Given that he not busy being born is busy dying, Tannehill regressing to his 25 year old season at 27 is a nightmare if you are a Dolphins fan.

Compounding it, he'll likely have a whole new offense to learn in 2016, which means another transition year. That means the Future of the Dolphins Franchise will be 29 when you can realistically expect him to be ready to win meaningful football games.

Tannehill's ypa is up but that's only because of that wonky Texans game. All of the big plays were yac, he didn't do anything special.

The one area he has improved in is his deep ball passing, which is kind of ironic.

Tannehill has same issues he's always had, poor pocket presence and foot work. He makes bad decisions at times as well (but all qbs do) but his accuracy is not an issue. The offensive line is still terrible don't know why anyone things it's improved, Albert isn't playing well and lazor fucken sucks and let's not forget all the costly penalties this team seems to pull out of it's ass during the worst possible time. No Tannehill isn't a top 5 or might never be a top 10 QB but he can be serviceable enough to make a run with a better staff and a better defense. It's so obvious that some of you either don't watch the games or don't know what y'all are talking about.

Top Bottom