• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 11 |OT| - A Fraud‘s Time

No he isn't, especially when you remember just how abysmal THAT line was.

It's probably slightly overstating it to say that he is worse than he was in 2013, but he is certainly not any better and he is significantly worse than last year (INT rate almost 50% higher year over year). Given that he not busy being born is busy dying, Tannehill regressing to his 25 year old season at 27 is a nightmare if you are a Dolphins fan.

Compounding it, he'll likely have a whole new offense to learn in 2016, which means another transition year. That means the Future of the Dolphins Franchise will be 29 when you can realistically expect him to be ready to win meaningful football games.

You have a point. Even though the numbers are better on things like accuracy, ypa, deep ball %, etc, he is just as bad, if not worse, in other sections of his game like pocket presence and fumbling, I guess its not really accurate to start comparing total numbers without taking the whole sample size of a full year. He could continue to be mediocre/inconsistent while flashing moments of great QB play, he could regress further, or he could finally figure it out, but its clear that he's went backwards in many spots since the end of his 2014 year.

Line_HTX

Hey guys.

How y'all doin'?

Hoyer the Destroyer is back and has more chemistry and timing with Nuk da BOMB!

He will outplay my other favorite Drew BREEEEEESSSSSSSS~~~

XD

He is worse than he was two years ago. That is a stunning (but true) statement.

It's not true. Tannehill hasn't progressed a lot but he has improved. The difference of why the results are mixed is because teams now know how to gameplan him, which is something you see with every new QB. There are few QBs who actually get worse for no reason, most guys like Foles, Tannehill, Sanchez, and others, are actually just getting much tougher looks 2 or 3 years into the league than they did in their rookie year or when they first took over.

I think it's a problem that we have zero tolerance for being mediocre either as a coach or QB in the NFL. There are a lot of QBs who really look promising their rookie year and then "regress" in year 2 or 3, but they're not really regressing, they're just getting gameplanned to their weaknesses, and a lot of the coaches and QBs can't get over that gameplanning. A lot of it isn't even the QBs fault because coordinators and coaches are fired so quickly those young QBs are given no time to develop in a system, and another coach doesnt' have enough time to come in and come up with a new, functioning gameplay for their QB... Tannehill is going into his 4th year, and he'll have had 3 head coaches, at least 2 offensive coordinators, and if Miami plays poorly next year, he'll likely have a 3rd offensive coordinator.

I think it's a big problem in the NFL in general.

I'll tell you one thing, I am sick and tired of Tannehill throwing short of the sticks on 3rd down. Yesterday the Dolphins were 1 for 11 on 3rd and 4th down attempts. Yes, many of those were 3rd and long because of penalties, drops, etc. but it doesn't excuse a QB from being that abysmal on the down that makes or breaks games. Tannehill throws a bonehead pick six and from that point on it's like he's terrified to take any risks whatsoever.

Make a damn play on 3rd down once in awhile. I'm not asking for a league leading percentage but you can't win games going 1 for 11.

Dolphins are 26th in points per game with 20.5. That is the stat that really matters and Tannehill isn't doing his part to get that number to where it needs to be.

I'll tell you one thing, I am sick and tired of Tannehill throwing short of the sticks on 3rd down. Yesterday the Dolphins were 1 for 11 on 3rd and 4th down attempts. Yes, many of those were 3rd and long because of penalties, drops, etc. but it doesn't excuse a QB from being that abysmal on the down that makes or breaks games. Tannehill throws a bonehead pick six and from that point on it's like he's terrified to take any risks whatsoever.

Make a damn play on 3rd down once in awhile. I'm not asking for a league leading percentage but you can't win games going 1 for 11.

Dolphins are 26th in points per game with 20.5. That is the stat that really matters and Tannehill isn't doing his part to get that number to where it needs to be.

You need to see the whole picture though a lot of those issues with being short of the sticks is that the play call is designed that way and the WR is supposed to get the first down after the catch. Lazor has said that his plays are designed with YAC in mind so those short of the stick plays are by design...and that it's up to the WR to make it to the first down. Also how can you expect them to run past the first down on 3rd and long when Tannehill has all but 2 seconds to throw before a free defender is beating him to the ground? A lot of the issues that the offense has steam directly from Lazor and his bullshit offense. He actually said that the reason they don't play Parker is because he has plays in mind that he wants to try and parker just isn't featured in them...I mean he thinks he's the smartest person on the field and it shows he's an idiot instead with his god awful play calls. He has no sense when it comes to situational football dude fucken sucks and he needs to go. He should have been fired in december and then again when Philbin finally got the boot but our stupid fucken owner is a stupid piece of shit. Ok...back to work..

You need to see the whole picture though a lot of those issues with being short of the sticks is that the play call is designed that way and the WR is supposed to get the first down after the catch. Lazor has said that his plays are designed with YAC in mind so those short of the stick plays are by design...and that it's up to the WR to make it to the first down. Also how can you expect them to run past the first down on 3rd and long when Tannehill has all but 2 seconds to throw before a free defender is beating him to the ground? A lot of the issues that the offense has steam directly from Lazor and his bullshit offense. He actually said that the reason they don't play Parker is because he has plays in mind that he wants to try and parker just isn't featured in them...I mean he thinks he's the smartest person on the field and it shows with his god awful play calls. He has no sense when it comes to situational football dude fucken sucks and he needs to go. He should have been fired in december and then again when Philbin finally got the boot but our stupid fucken owner is a stupid piece of shit. Ok...back to work..
Lazor has worn out his welcome for sure. It's hard to assign blame in football because there are so many variables at play but whether it's Tannehill's fault or not I'm sick of the 4 yard crossing route on 3rd and 11. IT DOESN'T WORK. JUST STOP. Then they'll get in a 3rd and 20+ from near midfield and dump it off to a RB for 4 yards. Why not take a shot there? Worst case it's picked off and it's a punt. It just drives me nuts.

Another element no one has talked about; Tannehill isn't getting yards with his legs anymore. Defenses have taken that away almost entirely.

Also, while we're playing the blame game Jason Fox is such an idiot it physically pains me to watch him play football. He holds defensive linemen in the most blatant way I've ever seen, dude is just constantly begging to be flagged.

bionic77

So, how long until Schaub throws a pick-six for the Ravens? Do we start a pool? I'll say 3rd quarter of next week's MNF.
3rd quarter?

You got no shot of winning that pool my friend.

It should be by minute not quarter, because like or not it is probably going to happen in the first or second drive.

MechDX

That game was Mallet's fault. Texan's just plain quit.

Funny coincidence: Braddock was reporting after that Miami game that the locker room was losing faith and quitting. he also talked about this a couple weeks leading up to that. Mallett cut, team responded and now Braddock has been quiet on the quitting thing. Coincidence?

I was told Mallet was the savior.

He showed promise last year in that Browns game. Huge potential that he fixed his issues. God forbid someone is wrong.

I mean come on! We all thought Rodgers was one of the best QB's in the league but he cant come back from a deficit like great QB's do.

bionic77

The Bucs would be 6-4 right now if we had Barth the entire season :(
/steps on knock off Jordans

The Steelers would be 10-0 if not for injuries and a corrupt commissioner who lets cheaters go free but punishes innocent men who use alternative medicine.

I'm not sure a good game against the Browns should be a barometer for anything.

https://twitter.com/johnpboyle/status/668625142076022784

Per ESPN Stats & Info, Russell Wilson was 11-11 w/ 3 TDs vs. blitz. Third QB 10-10 or better vs. blitz in last 10 years (Brady and Rivers).

Or the 49ers. Making Russell look like a HOFer.

Cardinals eliminate you people from contention on the final day, just like Cowboys on the final day.

EAT A DICK YOU FAKE ASS BITCH.

Sanjuro

Ready for the game tonight!

7PnD0Te.jpg

MechDX

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet · 3m3 minutes ago
Free agent safety DJ Swearinger visited the #Packers today, source said.

bionic77

Are you ready for our shit bowl?
I like this Steelers team.

I just wish we could have stayed healthy enough to do something in the postseason.

Just hoping Ben and Brown don't die on the field and we don't let Wussle look like a real man or a real qb (because he ain't neither).

Top Bottom