• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 11 |OT| - A Fraud‘s Time

Nevar Farget
Nick-Saban-Daughter-kristen.jpg

Sanjuro

your face has vents

the staleness adds to the charm

Fresh crispy white popcorn is the best. That Amazon $10 popcorn machine was the real hero.

My dad ended up getting a big machine when his local shut down. He does the whole canola oil, crazy butter thing.

cdyhybrid

The Seahawks didn't lose. They just chose to be so mediocre that they couldn't win. That is your point, after all, isn't it?
No, my point was that the game was clearly more important to the Cardinals than any other they'd played this season.

I thought it was pretty clear.

I'm on record since like Week 4 saying the Hawks are not a good team anyway, so I have no idea where you're even getting this.

Time for your weekly scalding Cam Newton taek. This one hailing from Mount Airy, North Carolina (basically Mayberry from the Andy Griffith Show for the uninitiated. Actually fuck that, it is Mayberry from the Andy Griffith Show)

The choice quotes:

When can a winner still be a loser? It’s easy when your name is Cam Newton.

TAEK

One quality of being a true professional, whether you’re talking about athletics or most any other field, is knowing how to be a graceful winner as well as a gracious loser. In playing professional sports, with teams generally evenly matched under a scenario of any one of them being able to win on a given Sunday, it’s a sure bet that sooner or later a player will find himself on the losing end of things.

Yet you wouldn’t know that judging by the actions of Cam Newton, who instantly became irritating by donning jersey No. 1 when he entered the National Football League. That made an egotistical statement that the great quarterbacks don’t see the need to make when they pick numbers 12 or 18, who instead let their performances do the talking.

I don't even know what's he's getting at with that first paragraph, but judging character from jersey numbers now? Reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaccccccchhhhhh

The Panthers quarterback has taken his antics to a new low with several recent incidents.

Newton really took the cake last Sunday with his deplorable behavior in a win against the Tennessee Titans in Nashville.

He finished off Panthers’ scoring drives with “in-your-face” taunts of both the Titans’ players and fans, complete with chest pumps, pelvic thrusts and arrogant struts. It made one long for the good old days of the Clark Kent/Superman routine.

Did anyone see pelvic thrusts? I think he's imagining shit now

Naturally, Newton’s childish and unprofessional behavior irked Titans players and fans, including one mother who chastised him in a letter she shared with the Charlotte Observer.

Rosemary Plorin of Nashville wrote how Sunday’s game was the first live NFL experience for her 9-year-old daughter, who sat near an end zone and had a close-up view of Newton’s post-touchdown theatrics.

After witnessing this, the daughter had a number of questions, such as “Won’t he get in trouble for doing that? Is he trying to make people mad? Do you think he knows he looks like a spoiled brat?”

Weirdest 9 year old ever

Meanwhile Sunday afternoon, New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady quietly led his team to victory over their nemesis the New York Giants. Now if anyone had reason to chest-pump or pelvic-thrust, it was Brady, since the Giants had robbed him of two Super Bowl victories in recent years.

Brady simply hugged a few teammates after the winning drive and exchanged high-fives, but somehow did not see a need to rub it in the Giants’ faces.

That’s because love him or hate him, Brady not only possesses Superman-like skills on the field, but — unlike Cam Newton — the intellect to know that there is a certain karma with sports in that whatever goes around comes around.

Dat coded racism

And if Cam Newton doesn’t modify his behavior, he is going to one day find himself lying flat on his back in pain from being blindsided by some linebacker or defensive end in payback mode. And while looking up at the Carolina blue sky, Newton also will see said linebacker or defensive end taunting him with chest-pumps or whatever.

It might be next week or next month, but this will happen.

It actually already happened. Like the drive before when Cam was sacked and the defender got up and did the Hotline Bling dance. Jesus Christ, do these people even pay attention?

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Brady and Edelman mock opposing fans all the time. Brady especially loves to mock steelers fans. I've never seen the media mention anything about it.

I think it's great though.

Godslay

Banned
It's true though, they're throwing parties on the sideline in week 10.

If they were Indy or Detroit they'd have hung a banner before the Bengals game.

Seahawks failed to match their energy level is the way I look at it. Plus probably feels good to topple them and confirm (at least thus far), that they are the team to beat in the division.

Florio just melted down and hung up on Denver radio. LOL.

cdyhybrid

Seattle could make it, but they won't make much noise, especially if they get a bad matchup. Too many flaws and inconsistencies.
Seahawks failed to match their energy level is the way I look at it. Plus probably feels good to topple them and confirm (at least thus far), that they are the team to beat in the division.

Florio just melted down and hung up on Denver radio. LOL.
I thought it was pretty obvious already that they were the best team in the division, a Palmer injury was gonna be the only thing to derail them.

All you had to do was look at the records and who they've played.

Don't think it was an energy level thing, since they typically start slow regardless, they're just not as good of a team.

Trey

Time for your weekly scalding Cam Newton taek. This one hailing from Mount Airy, North Carolina (basically Mayberry from the Andy Griffith Show for the uninitiated. Actually fuck that, it is Mayberry from the Andy Griffith Show)

The choice quotes:

TAEK

I don't even know what's he's getting at with that first paragraph, but judging character from jersey numbers now? Reeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaccccccchhhhhh

Did anyone see pelvic thrusts? I think he's imagining shit now

Weirdest 9 year old ever

Dat coded racism

It actually already happened. Like the drive before when Cam was sacked and the defender got up and did the Hotline Bling dance. Jesus Christ, do these people even pay attention?

Why did you post this trash?

Crisco

Banned
I think at the end of the day, I'm still more worried about meeting the Seahawks or Packers in the playoffs than any other NFC team. Yes, that includes Arizona, mostly because Carson Palmer hasn't been in a playoff game since this happened,

CSu8ZvtUwAAtvIv.jpg

Seattle could make it, but they won't make much noise, especially if they get a bad matchup. Too many flaws and inconsistencies.

I thought it was pretty obvious already that they were the best team in the division, a Palmer injury was gonna be the only thing to derail them.

Don't think it was an energy level thing, since they typically start slow regardless, they're just not as good of a team.

And we suck donkey dick on the road even if we do.

Godslay

Banned

Saying that it's their Superbowl implies that the game meant more to them, then it did to the Seahawks. Also, implying that, in my interpretation of it, that the Seahawks look down on the Cards as the inferior team.

That's always the context I see it used in. Maybe I'm misunderstood what you meant given the revision above.

Bread

Banned
This just in: Cam Newton isn't liked by everybody

Take it from us pats fans grovo, you aren't going to change any minds so just dedicate your life to loving and fantasizing about your qb

JABEE

I think we should all stop for a moment and appreciate the fact that Tom Brady is a supporter of fascism and racist ideology.

If we have to talk about the Panthers to get that point across, so be it.

Dega

Eeny Meenie Penis
This just in: Cam Newton isn't liked by everybody

Take it from us pats fans grovo, you aren't going to change any minds so just dedicate your life to loving and fantasizing about your qb

Do you fantasize about Brady deporting people?

If I wanted to hear people crying about their team that can't give people wins against them, I'd tell gata the Patriots are being investigated for something new

Top Bottom