• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 11 |OT| - A Fraud‘s Time

Syrinx

Guys on Monday Night Countdown are gonna debate whether Cam Newton or Tom Brady is MVP.

Guys how come nobody is respecting the Panthers?

Guys on Monday Night Countdown are gonna debate whether Cam Newton or Tom Brady is MVP.

Guys how come nobody is respecting the Panthers?

Funny.

But Tom Brady is the MVP and anyone else put in that conversation is ESPN trolling for hits.

And guess what, you're watching so, I guess its working.

Trey

every Patriots player gives the exact same interview. Do they brainwash players on the first day of training camp?

eznark

Banned
http://shepherdexpress.com/article-26850-for-the-vikings-the-stats-beat-the-eye-test.html

One of the reasons we have advanced statistics in sports is to tell us when our eyes might be lying, and going into this game, the advanced statistic of DVOA, which at its most fundamental level tells us how efficient a team is on a play-to-play basis, hated the Vikings.
Until their convincing win over the Raiders last week, DVOA saw the Vikings as only the 26th best team in football, and that win only vaulted them to 19th. It didn’t see them as particularly good at anything other than special teams, where they rank 7th. It saw them as having a worse offense (24th) than the backup-QB led Cowboys, the Jaguars, a mostly backup led Colts team, and a Struggling Ravens team. It saw them, shockingly, as having a worse defense (20th) than the perennially torched New York Giants. Where my eyes saw an up-and-coming competitive force, DVOA saw a paper tiger that fattened up on a weak schedule, and was about to pay the piper. I was aware of DVOA, but thought it was overstating their weaknesses, especially on defense. I thought I knew better than the numbers.

Instead, the Packers easily moved the ball, and the Packer defense rendered Adrian Peterson a non-factor. The aged, hoodie-sporting James Jones, all but eliminated by the recent run of good defenses the Packers faced, embarrassed every Viking DB not named Terence Newman. Eddie Lacy powered through their defensive line over and over as if it’s still 2014. Advanced statistics indicated all of this might happen. Minnesota’s biggest weakness has been against the run, where they rank 28th and are in fact worse than the Packers.
Peterson remains a force on the ground, and came into the week leading the league in rushing yards, but he hasn’t actually been that efficient in doing so, ranking only 24th in DVOA. As a receiver he’s one of the least efficient backs in the league as a pass-catcher, and he’s a liability in pass protection. He has also fumbled 6 times this season, though he has been somewhat lucky in losing only 2. While Peterson can still hurt you on the ground, his liabilities often serve to telegraph play calls or get Teddy Bridgewater hit. Running backs have more than one responsibility. Peterson excels at the one thing everyone notices, and many still call him great because of it, but in reality he is closer to average at this point, and Dom Capers’ recognition of this fact is one of the reasons the Vikings only put up 13 points.

Adrian Peterson slowly becoming as bad a player as he is a person.

Colasante

Sealver Siliga is a healthy scratch for the Patriots. I wouldn't be surprised if Chris Jones takes his place on the roster when/if he returns from the PUP list. Patriots have Malcom Brown, Alan Branch, and Akiem Hicks as run stuffing DTs and only Dominique Easley as an interior rusher, which has forced them to play Geneo Grissom at defensive tackle.

Spinluck

Doesn't Cam move more jerseys than Luck? I think Russell does too.

Gets kind of tiring to go through this over and over again. Some people will not like your QB, it happens. Sometimes, your QB will also not be talked about as much as other QBs, it happens.

MechDX

Doesn't Cam move more jerseys than Luck? I think Russell does too.

Gets kind of tiring to go through this over and over again. Some people will not like your QB, it happens. Sometimes, your QB will also not be talked about as much as other QBs, it happens.

I like Luck. The Colts can fuck off though

We should talk more about how Russell is struggling because he refuses to smash Ciara.

Can't go play a game with a loaded gun .

thumb.aspx

That's not the story.

The story is the passion and vitriol he generates amongst a certain segment of the population, a segment that shhh
includes some Panthers fans
shh You think anyone in Massachusetts is running "Tom Brady is a bitch!" letters?

I mean, this isn't even a fucking Panthers story. No one would give a fuck if Derek Anderson was out there cheesing.

But y'all don't want those posts, I'll stop. Whatever

I don't dislike the Cam Newton posts Grova

That's a bit fucked up, didn't Jenny have HiV..

Yeah...

Is that BG?

Line_HTX

I can hear in the background of the TV Gillette Stadium is playing Puff Daddy and Nas "Hate Me Now."

Nas is Tom.

Fuck Nas, wack rapper.

Fuck Tom Brady.

=D

DMczaf

You can't knock me off this high. #NotEvenMyFinalForm

My QB threw 5 TDs in single game. 5! FIVE!! He's only 21 years old!

Bread

Banned
I can hear in the background of the TV Gillette Stadium is playing Puff Daddy and Nas "Hate Me Now."

Nas is Tom.

Fuck Nas, wack rapper.

Fuck Tom Brady.

=D
Man I thought you couldn't get any worse then you say this

Tom is to football as Nas is to rap, the GOAT.

slabrock

Banned
Now that the lions have won two games in a row I'm kinda concerned that they will do just good enough to give Caldwell another year.

Colasante

Top Patriots O-line in warmups: LT Cannon, LG Mason, C Andrews, RG Kline, RT Fleming, with Vollmer (right tackle) & Stork rotating in

Interesting that Cameron Fleming is warming up at the starter at right tackle. That's not ideal, although he has been better in recent weeks.

Also, Patriots only have Butler, Ryan, and Rashaan Melvin active at cornerback. Not good. I wonder if we'll see Devin McCourty or Pat Chung at cornerback tonight.

Top Bottom