• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 11 |OT| - A Fraud‘s Time

eznark

Banned
Everyone out of Wisconsin is brittle. Abbrederis, Dekker, Travis Beckum.

derek-stepan-hockey-headshot-photo.jpg

cashman

Banned
You think Mo is back next year? How about Carr?

I am curious if Mo would want to come back.

I think Carr's gone, and Claiborne probably won't be back also. At least we have Scandrick coming back. I haven't followed any CB prospects so I don't really know who I like or anything.

MRSA

Banned
Well, I guess I was right about Aldon Smith getting banned during the season. Harsher than I expected.

Thanks Captain Obvious, we all knew he was going to get banned it was just a matter of when and everyone knew it was going to be a year long suspension.

Thanks Captain Obvious

Steelers can't lose this week! Sort of like last week, amirite?

Normally I'd say I hope the teams vying for a wild card with us lose while we're resting, but the Bills are playing the Pats and, well, fuck the Pats. Go Bills.

Hunter S.

Thanks Captain Obvious, we all knew he was going to get banned it was just a matter of when and everyone knew it was going to be a year long suspension.

Thanks Captain Obvious

But, you Raider guys were so excited! I think there are a few more Raider fans than you on here?!?

MRSA

Banned
But, you Raider guys were so excited! I think there are a few more Raider fans than you on here?!?

So excited for what? We all knew he was going to get suspended, we got 9 games out of him so I'm not going to complain.

Its like Von Miller, he's going to get suspended for PEDs again, just a matter of when.

Colasante

#Patriots LB Jamie Collins got over the virus that knocked him out the last 2 games. Availability hinges on gaining back weight & strength

Their pumping fluids into him as we speak. Trying to be back for Denver from what I was told.

I guess that's good news. The defense hasn't been the same without him.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Ross Ventrone has been a part in 31 different roster moves by the P*ts. Treating that poor fellow like a fantasy football defense.

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

Thanks Captain Obvious

MRSA pls

We have the Trent Dilfer pic instead of calling him Captain Obvious

Twitter_Picture_400x400.jpg

Hunter S.

So excited for what? We all knew he was going to get suspended, we got 9 games out of him so I'm not going to complain.

Its like Von Miller, he's going to get suspended for PEDs again, just a matter of when.

Get your facts straight. He was smoking the MJ. He no longer is under the highly controlled substance abuse policy because he is thc free. A professional.

Raider thugs are the worst.

Striker

Newhouse on that list ...

With Beatty and Cruz never playing a game this season, I wonder if the Giants lead in starters missing games ... YET AGAIN.
They re-signed Cooper Taylor and brought up Emmett Cleary. I hope Richburg is not out for a long length; assuming it is 1-4 week injury. Bye week came at a perfect time.

Congrats to the Jags!

Jermey Parnell: five-year, $32 million contract with $13 million guaranteed.

He was fine here in dallas as a replacement but free was given 3 years 15 million (on a discount because he liked it here) and parnell wasn't going to get anything like that from us

eznark

Banned
Charlie Batch holds the record for the greatest single game QBR in history. He completed 12 passes on 17 attempts for 186 yards. 3td/2int.

According to ESPN, this is the greatest single game performance by a quarterback in the history of football.

Better late than never.

JAX @ TEN

STL @ BAL
WAS @ CAR
DEN @ CHI
DAL @ MIA
OAK @ DET
NYJ @ HOU
IND @ ATL
TB @ PHI

KC @ SD
GB @ MIN
SF @ SEA

CIN @ ARI

BUF @ NE

Charlie Batch holds the record for the greatest single game QBR in history. He completed 12 passes on 17 attempts for 186 yards. 3td/2int.

According to ESPN, this is the greatest single game performance by a quarterback in the history of football.
But he probably wasn't sacked a single time! (+200 QBR points)

Farooq

Banned
I think Carr's gone, and Claiborne probably won't be back also. At least we have Scandrick coming back. I haven't followed any CB prospects so I don't really know who I like or anything.

Wow Scandrick is really the only starter quality corner they will have and he is coming off of a knee injury. Rather have Jones focus on FS. I think they might have to bring back either Carr, Claiborne or FA corner and address corner in the draft as well. DB is going be a huge need next year.

squicken

So the idea behind QBR is that if a guy has a 90 QBR, his team will win 90% of the time if it gets that kind of QB play. Sando has said that right now Fitz and Hoyer are the two guys that really stick out as not passing the eye test.

Hoyer gets a lot of garbage production and doesn't lose the game early (doesn't help to win it either) with turnovers. Fitz runs for a lot of first downs, which the metric really likes. Go back over the past 5 years and the top guys are who you expect

eznark

Banned
So the idea behind QBR is that if a guy has a 90 QBR, his team will win 90% of the time if it gets that kind of QB play. Sando has said that right now Fitz and Hoyer are the two guys that really stick out as not passing the eye test.

Hoyer gets a lot of garbage production and doesn't lose the game early (doesn't help to win it either) with turnovers. Fitz runs for a lot of first downs, which the metric really likes. Go back over the past 5 years and the top guys are who you expect

I know you love QBR, any chance you can explain this one to me?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=320101009

And the idea that QBR punished "garbage time" stats is a total myth. Check out the Top 50 performances of all time by QBR

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr/_/year/0/type/alltime-game

All but two are blowouts.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I thought total qbr was just espn's own thing? Do other outlets take it seriously?

squicken

I know you love QBR, any chance you can explain this one to me?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=320101009

I would think that 5 TDs, 520yards, 8.8 ypa, 2 INTs would win 87.5% of the games the QB posted that in

"Love" is the wrong word. What I like is looking at football more from a success rate, EPA and WP perspective than traditional stats. Nothing will beat the eyeball test. Can't remember who said it recently, but no metric will ever be able to tell when a QB had a great season for a losing team. We all know Rivers is playing awesome this year.

QBR is just a first step. It's better than passer rating. It's too bad there isn't more out there on EPA in real time.

eznark

Banned
I would think that 5 TDs, 520yards, 8.8 ypa, 2 INTs would win 87.5% of the games the QB posted that in

"Love" is the wrong word. What I like is looking at football more from a success rate, EPA and WP perspective than traditional stats. Nothing will beat the eyeball test. Can't remember who said it recently, but no metric will ever be able to tell when a QB had a great season for a losing team. We all know Rivers is playing awesome this year.

QBR is just a first step. It's better than passer rating. It's too bad there isn't more out there on EPA in real time.

I'm asking you how Stafford's performance is better than Flynn's performance.

and if you want to be that specific about it, you really think QB's win 99.9% of the time with a 12/17 189 3/2 line?

BigAT

I think they have since changed it, but initially there were times a quarterback's QBR could and would change when he wasn't even on the field.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
I think passer rating is better because it doesn't try to tell too much about a performance, simply a rating of the qb's passing, nothing else.

If a qb takes too many sacks, or fumbles too much, that's easily tracked with separate stats.

I don't need qbr to tell me that tanehill fumbles a lot (9 times each of first 3 seasons, on pace for more this year).

He beat the Ravens so bad they suddenly became legendary asskickers for a monthspan and won a ring

Greatest QB in history

eznark

Banned
I think they have since changed it, but initially there were times a quarterback's QBR could and would change when he wasn't even on the field.

It still does, that's their secret proprietary "clutch-weighting." Problem is it does fuck all, as you can see by looking at the all time great QBR performances. All blow outs.

Top Bottom