• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 11 |OT| - A Fraud‘s Time

Miguel

giphy.gif

Cam Newton using his influence to make the streets of Charlotte safer

Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton, who was in a car crash at South Church and West Hill streets near Interstate 277 in December, said Wednesday the intersection is still unsafe. He called on the city to do more to prevent future wrecks.

The Charlotte Department of Transportation said that it made a number of improvements to the intersection after the wreck, and that there are now fewer accidents than before the Newton rollover crash.

The city said between 2010 and 2014 there were an average of 5.4 angle crashes a year at the intersection, including nine last year.

The city said there has been one angle crash there through the end of September.

After the wreck, the city installed a new “oversized” stop sign on West Hill Street as well as a second sign to alert motorists that a stop sign is near. The stop sign also has reflective striping to increase visibility at night and in fog.

CDOT also said it repainted the “stop bar” and crosswalk lines on West Hill Street to emphasize to motorists that they must stop.

In addition, CDOT installed a new sign on South Church Street that warns drivers of the impending intersection with West Hill Street. The city also repainted the “skip lines” that designate the three lanes on the street.

Talking with reporters Wednesday afternoon, Newton changed the subject to discuss the intersection.

“There’s not a light there,” Newton said. “I believe there should be a light there because it’s an extreme safety hazard. Recently this past week somebody got into a car accident....I hope that the city of Charlotte or Mecklenburg County does something about that intersection right there. It’s extremely dangerous and I would love to see something to take place right there.”

Cam For Mayor!

Doug Flutie's parents passed away in tragic fashion[/URL]

Christ.. That's tragic.

AP Physics and Calc III.

Sweet, the things that make me feel like I am going to have a panic attack.

I wrote a paper on it for one of my history classes.

Still waiting on you to post it Chris..

Mech isn't a Texans fan, this dosent matter to him.

alright back to taking my Vegas style shit, see you bums in a few days

See if you can find our next QB in there BG..

Crisco

Banned
I see a lot of people giving the Panthers defense credit for the team's success, discounting how the offense contributes to the defense's performance. They grind out first downs, don't turn it over, and are very efficient in the redzone. This means a high time possession and a healthy scoring average. So when the other team gets the ball, there's a sense of urgency to score and score quickly, knowing they'll need the points and won't have as many opportunities to get them. That plays into our defense's hands, which is adept at limiting big plays and capitalizing on mistakes made while going for high risk offense instead of just taking what they defense is giving you. It comes back to raw stats not telling the whole story and how much interdependence exists in the football, even among separate units.

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
So I heard this being discussed on the radio and had to look it up from Mike Pettine's post game presser. Guy should be fired immediately.

Did Ben Roethlisberger playing effect the game plan?
No, because I don’t know if their plan would have been that much different if it had been Landry Jones the whole game. I don’t think it affected us from a schematic standpoint.

So Rodgers has right shoulder injury? Wonder how long he hid that...

3 weeks.

squicken

We all knew he would hurt himself doing kinky sex shit. Just a matter of time

So I heard this being discussed on the radio and had to look it up from Mike Pettine's post game presser. Guy should be fired immediately.

He's been getting killed in the Cleveland media for it. It's clear they went in with the idea to stop the run and force Jones to throw. Had no counter to Ben playing. They haven't stopped the run all year but sold out to stop Pittsburgh.

This Anti-Squicken NFL Shop commercial warms my heart.

Seeing Jen reject the trinkets of the Cult of Satan and stay loyal to her Dolphins is so reassuring in these trying and dark times that there is still good in this world.

Top Bottom