• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 11 |OT| - A Fraud‘s Time

Spinluck

I see a lot of people giving the Panthers defense credit for the team's success, discounting how the offense contributes to the defense's performance. They grind out first downs, don't turn it over, and are very efficient in the redzone. This means a high time possession and a healthy scoring average. So when the other team gets the ball, there's a sense of urgency to score and score quickly, knowing they'll need the points and won't have as many opportunities to get them. That plays into our defense's hands, which is adept at limiting big plays and capitalizing on mistakes made while going for high risk offense instead of just taking what they defense is giving you. It comes back to raw stats not telling the whole story and how much interdependence exists in the football, even among separate units.

I don't think this is true.

The offense is playing well enough to win, but defense is what is what's keeping those games from getting out of reach. I've seen them make plenty of game saving plays this season.

MechDX

Why did the #Texans claim QB Brandon Weeden? I'm told Brian Hoyer (concussion) is likely out this Sunday. Expect TJ Yates to start.--Ian Rappaport

Well there is your reason. Weeden or Dysert

squicken

The offense is playing well enough to win, but defense is what is what's keeping those games from getting out of reach. I've seen them make plenty of game saving plays this season.

Yeah I agree with you on this. Longest drive vs Indy for a score was 37 yards (Ginn drop noted). Cam had 3 INTs vs Philly that could have been killer had Philly not been shut down by the defense

If anything, Cam has been remarkable in "clutch" situations, even though clutch isn't real. But as long as their health holds they have enough offense to win the Owl, which is all that matters

chuckddd

Fear of a GAF Planet
Exclusive footage of A A Ron injuring his shoulder. NSFG
reg

QoItrUQ.gif

Godslay

Banned
Why did the #Texans claim QB Brandon Weeden? I'm told Brian Hoyer (concussion) is likely out this Sunday. Expect TJ Yates to start.--Ian Rappaport

Well there is your reason. Weeden or Dysert

Everything I've seen from Dysert tells me that he is better than Weeden. Low bar to clear though.

So I heard this being discussed on the radio and had to look it up from Mike Pettine's post game presser. Guy should be fired immediately.

Can they fire Farmer too?

Yeah it involved mostly college football actually.

So, service academies, Ivy League, Michigan under (huge asshole and the best coach in school history) Fielding Yost, Notre Dame, and Pop Warner..

Is that the highlights of the paper?

That's what darkest has to deal with everyday, he's a true hero.

She must have a lot of redeeming qualities because man .. I sometimes feel like I would act like this in this scenario.

http://youtu.be/CD29UmTyzmk

A lot of redeeming qualities.

i'm an idot

Damn it Squicken, you got me excited.

That doesn't negate what he said though. The offense playing effectively and efficiently makes the defense's job easier.

It's easier to play defense when the offense is churning out huge, time-consuming touchdown drives, just like its easier to play offense when the defense is consistently getting off the field on third down and creating short fields with takeaways.

It's a symbiotic relationship between the two.

Hell I'd throw special teams in there too. Having a punter and a return man who can both consistently flip the field with their respective functions, a kicker who generates touchbacks and is reliable on field goals is underrated.

See:Gostkowski, 2011 Andy Lee, 2006 Era Devin Hester

EDIT: No one's saying that the Panthers are an offensive juggernaut or that the offense is THE singular reason they're winning games. But to crisco's point, it's a bit disingenuous to just say the Panthers win games because they play defense well, without taking into account that the offense playing efficiently is a PART of the defense playing well.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Dallas sportcaster goes on rant about Jerry Jones.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...-in-rant-look-at-a-coach-you-ve-castrated.ece

They're watching you unravel in public. It's a like a circus, 'Step right up ladies and gentleman and watch the Dallas Cowboys unravel right before your eyes! Look at them in the locker room, fighting and screaming! Look at them on social media! Look at how they look like they don't give a damn on the field! Look at a coach that you have castrated!'

Godslay

Banned
Jose McDanielo

Gonna implement my Gulf Coast Offense and change the game forever!

Yes

"What is McDanielo doing? It looks like he's got Jimmy Cabraollo in the salvaje gato. Jimmy hikes the ball, jukes left, runs right, gggggggggggggooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
gggggggggggggooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll
gggggggggggggooooooooolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll."

We all knew he would hurt himself doing kinky sex shit. Just a matter of time

He's been getting killed in the Cleveland media for it. It's clear they went in with the idea to stop the run and force Jones to throw. Had no counter to Ben playing. They haven't stopped the run all year but sold out to stop Pittsburgh.

I was laughing my ass off the whole game. Steelers fucked the Clowns sideways. Then the Ravens gave up the game on a garbage time facemask call. What a hilarious week.

I didn't see the explanation but why wasn't the penalty legal? He did pull the facemask and as far as I remember the game can't end on a defensive penalty and you get an untimed down.

Dolphins first-round rookie WR DeVante Parker has been watching old Louisville highlights to remind himself that he's good.
Only Browns G/C Cam Erving and Cardinals OT D.J. Humphries have played fewer snaps among first-round rookies than Parker. That doesn't include I.R.'ed WRs Kevin White and Breshad Perriman. Parker hasn't been able to find the field behind Jarvis Landry, Rishard Matthews, Kenny Stills, and Greg Jennings, and appears to be in a bit of a down mood, understandably. He's played just 110 offensive snaps and seen a total of seven targets. Nov 17 - 10:52 PM via: roto
Lmao

Doomsayer

I didn't see the explanation but why wasn't the penalty legal? He did pull the facemask and as far as I remember the game can't end on a defensive penalty and you get an untimed down.

I believe the left tackle was neither set nor lined up properly. Should've been a penalty and the game was over.

Parker was injured for all of training camp and didn't start practicing until week 1 and then he got injured again a few weeks after so it's not all on him just not being good but it was a risk since he was injured when we drafted him.

Farooq

Banned
Tyrone Crawford is playing with a torn rotator cuff. Plans on getting surgery in the offseason.

Good thing we have Irving, although signing Fangupo would be real nice right now.

Doomsayer

That was total robbery, and that includes the OBJ non catch. I still don't get Hoculi's explanation.

The OBJ noncatch makes no sense to me. He wasn't going down to the ground or anything. The league rules regarding catches are convoluted, it needs a serious overhaul.

I mean, I know I've said this before but so far the 2015 season is one of the worst seasons I've watched. The sheer volume of terrible play is just sad. Yet, the NFL is printing money so they won't change anything.

Line_HTX

The OBJ noncatch makes no sense to me. He wasn't going down to the ground or anything. The league rules regarding catches are convoluted, it needs a serious overhaul.

I mean, I know I've said this before but so far the 2015 season is one of the worst seasons I've watched. The sheer volume of terrible play is just sad. Yet, the NFL is printing money so they won't change anything.

2015: Year of the total Fuckball.

Top Bottom