• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 12 |OT| - A Fraud is Thankful

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Has a guy ever lost his job over being out 2 nights before a game before? JFF is just from a different era. You watch those old NFL Films videos and they talk about guys being drunk during games and shit. Man that would never fly now.

guys party all the time still. manziel isn't a unique snowflake.

Anybody got any good Panthers disrespect for me to whine about?

I'm positively starved

Here's some panther's heat... DE Frank Alexander, already on IR, tested positive for steroids and will be suspended for 2016.

Has a guy ever lost his job over being out 2 nights before a game before? JFF is just from a different era. You watch those old NFL Films videos and they talk about guys being drunk during games and shit. Man that would never fly now.

Gotta definitely be a rare case. Couple weeks ago when he was at his college homecoming, I thought, whatever, he's at his college homecoming. But he got in trouble for that, and then he had the DD incident, and then the domestic abuse incident (which he's been absolved from), and so ... you really just have to put up and if the team is consistently warning him to stop this shit, and he FINALLY has an opportunity to prove himself for the final 6 weeks of the season... and he can't do that. Whatever. Browns are done with JFF and they're better for it.

Apparently Josh Mccown starting Monday, and Johnny has been moved to 3rd string.

I'll update with tweets if I can, I believe it's Indefinetly. That's a rap

Edit: squickens boy
# Browns announce Josh McCown will start v Baltimore & moving forward. Johnny Manziel demoted to No. 3.

Jason La Canfora ‏ @ JasonLaCanfora 3m 3 minutes ago
I'm told there is a very good chance Manziel is third string the rest of season. Very well could've played his final game for Browns

Johnny Football needs to ask either Deion, Wes Welker or Gronk on how to party and get away with it

BigAT

I'm sure there are plenty of guys in the league that drink regularly, they just don't suck at football.

guys party all the time still. manziel isn't a unique snowflake.

Yeah, him partying isn't the problem.

Him partying, sucking, checking himself into rehab over it, promising to never do it again, and then doing it again is.

If you're betting your job on you never doing something again, don't do it again.

Bread

Banned
If Manziel wasn't a privileged white qb he wouldn't get all this attention off the field

So much racism, especially from mech.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I get that as a Dolphins fan your shtick is to bitch and feel sorry for yourself but I don't see why you have issue with this. As I said successful organizations from all major leagues operate like this (well except soccer as far as I see as they can just buy their roster).

There's nothing simple about it. But we know that what the Dolphins have been doing in recent years, hiring a GM, firing the coach, GM hires a coach, GM gets fired repeat certainly DOESN'T work.

Let's look at it a different way. The Leafs, who have been a professional team that has been irrelevant for a LOT longer than the Dolphins have, subscribe to the same willy nilly practices. They gave a coach 50 million over 8 years after firing a Stanley Cup winning coach. Meanwhile they still trot out the same underperforming talent year in and year out. Their process is such a mess they have no idea where to even start fixing it.

You complain about having no talent on the field. Do you think a coach will fix that? You need stability from the guy picking the players, for a good amount of time. That doesn't happen and ANY coach you pick will be fired.

Check back in 2-3 seasons then. What Shanahan/Lou/Dubas are doing right now is something that hasn't been done ever in Toronto...they're actually sticking with the draft and developing players.

Now to be fair, yeah let's wait and see if they stick to this but for the first time ever this team actually has a plan going forward.

Babcock came on, they hired a solid coach for the AHL team who is running the exact same system as the Leafs are down there, as opposed to previous regimes they are going with a majority of youth on the AHL team and so far they are one of the top teams in the league. They have said they will not be bringing up some of the young talent until they feel they have the proper culture they need on the Leafs.

It was topical since i'm a Leaf's fan.

Well...was, can't take their shit anymore so i've given up watching hockey. They should never have fired Burke.

Why have you never told me this friend?

What's the big deal with Johnny dancing with a bottle of Dom anyways? He's old enough now... i mean shit I've seen both Beast Mode, and Cliff Avril out partying during the season. Friends told me they ran into Bruce Irvin so yea rich guys party. So what! Leave Johnny alone!

I'm sure there are plenty of guys in the league that drink regularly, they just don't suck at football.

60%, 933 yards, 5 Tds, 2 ints, 88 QB rating. I think he is actually playing pretty good this year. I am very surprised that the Browns have decided to demote him all the way down to 3rd string for this. It is obviously a bad look, and poor judgment on his part, but guys have done much worse and kept their jobs.

I remember one guy from Cocaine Cowboys straight up say the Steelers were on a coke binge the night before Super Bowl XIII.

jmdajr

JFF still upset Texans didn't take him.

"It would be the worst decision they've (the Texans) ever made," he told The Houston Chronicle of the possibility. "I'd be in the same division playing against them twice a year (on the jags). Sorry, but you just turned that chip on my shoulder from a Frito into a Dorito."

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
60%, 933 yards, 5 Tds, 2 ints, 88 QB rating. I think he is actually playing pretty good this year. I am very surprised that the Browns have decided to demote him all the way down to 3rd string for this. It is obviously a bad look, and poor judgment on his part, but guys have done much worse and kept their jobs.

You shouldn't be surprised anything the Browns do at this point. Worst organization in all of sports. I feel bad for anyone drafted by them because they have no chance.

What's the big deal with Johnny dancing with a bottle of Dom anyways? He's old enough now... i mean shit I've seen both Beast Mode, and Cliff Avril out partying during the season. Friends told me they ran into Bruce Irvin so yea rich guys party. So what! Leave Johnny alone!

I think he needs you teach him the proper way to party..

BigAT

I remember one guy from Cocaine Cowboys straight up say the Steelers were on a coke binge the night before Super Bowl XIII.

The night before? Hollywood Henderson has them beat:

While the Dallas Cowboys were trying to win Super Bowl XIII, Thomas ''Hollywood" Henderson says he was snorting cocaine on the sideline.

In his autobiography, "Out of Control," Henderson said that he used drugs while playing for four different NFL teams and sniffed a cocaine-laced inhaler during the 1979 Super Bowl, in which the Cowboys lost to Pittsburgh in the Orange Bowl.

In the book, co-authored by Peter Knobler, Henderson said that he put 1 1/2 grams of cocaine powder into an inhaler and mixed it with water.

I seriously hate Mike Pettine.

If it weren't Manziel being seen with alcohol on camera it would have been something else.

He'd have benched him for hitting a squirrel while driving.

MechDX

So how come Mariotta, Jameis, luck, Cam, Ryan, Russell are not all partying like a sophmore in college during the season ?

Oh wait because they are dedicated to their profession.

You shouldn't be surprised anything the Browns do at this point. Worst organization in all of sports. I feel bad for anyone drafted by them because they have no chance.

Good point. Were all the players under curfew 8 days before their game? If it was the night before the big game I could understand, but this almost seems like they just dont like him and they were waiting for him to slip up.

eznark

Banned
The night before? Hollywood Henderson has them beat:

While the Dallas Cowboys were trying to win Super Bowl XIII, Thomas ''Hollywood" Henderson says he was snorting cocaine on the sideline.

In his autobiography, "Out of Control," Henderson said that he used drugs while playing for four different NFL teams and sniffed a cocaine-laced inhaler during the 1979 Super Bowl, in which the Cowboys lost to Pittsburgh in the Orange Bowl.

In the book, co-authored by Peter Knobler, Henderson said that he put 1 1/2 grams of cocaine powder into an inhaler and mixed it with water.

Didn't that dude win the lottery or something? Proof that living right pays off.

MRSA

Banned
I remember when Ron Artest before he became Metta World Peace would pound back Hennessy before and during half time. GOAT

Line_HTX

JFF still upset Texans didn't take him.

"It would be the worst decision they've (the Texans) ever made," he told The Houston Chronicle of the possibility. "I'd be in the same division playing against them twice a year (on the jags). Sorry, but you just turned that chip on my shoulder from a Frito into a Dorito."

At the time when I read this, I was like, he isn't serious about this.

Who knows... maybe he could come home for real and not be an immature bitch.

Top Bottom