• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 12 |OT| - A Fraud is Thankful

jmdajr

At the time when I read this, I was like, he isn't serious about this.

Who knows... maybe he could come home for real and not be an immature bitch.

He never gave a fuck about The Browns. That's for sure.

Too late though. Should have been more professional.

MechDX

Ravens announce that they have claimed Jimmy Clausen. It was reported earlier that they attempted to sign David Fales off Bears' PS.

There you go B Larry.

Furyous

Apparently Josh Mccown starting Monday, and Johnny has been moved to 3rd string.

I'll update with tweets if I can, I believe it's Indefinetly. That's a rap

Edit: squickens boy
# Browns announce Josh McCown will start v Baltimore & moving forward. Johnny Manziel demoted to No. 3.

Jason La Canfora ‏ @ JasonLaCanfora 3m 3 minutes ago
I'm told there is a very good chance Manziel is third string the rest of season. Very well could've played his final game for Browns

GOOD, that's about what he's worth today anyway. Look Johnny is clearly tanking on purpose to get out of Cleveland. He wants to go to a Texas team, sit on the bench, and ball later on. This is his chance to play for the Cowboys and suceed Romo eventually.

Pettine did what is best for the team moving forward. Next time we're in a position to draft a franchse QB, IGNORE SKIP BASELESS. We need to draft the best QB in the draft that played in a pro style offense or shows signs of pro bowl caliber play.

I been a hater from day one so this was expected. Knew Johnny wasn't shit the second he started talking about missing Texas A&M. Knew he sucked in the preseason. The sooner this guy is off the team the better. I look forward to watching him wreck shit in another conference after spending at least another year on the bench like Colt. The Browns are great at drafting backup QBs so we need to buck this trend.

Why are people asking for Pettine to be fired? It's not his fault Johnny refuses to stay out of trouble. I'm going Steve Jobs thermonuclear war scorched earth gotdammit, on Browns fans because I FUCKING TOLD Y'ALL THIS DUDE IS NOT A STARTING QB.

^^ Apologies NFL GAF, but I'm mad as shit.

BigAT

Didn't that dude win the lottery or something? Proof that living right pays off.

He did. This is a pretty great quote:

When asked by the Dallas Morning News what he does every day having won the lottery, Henderson responded, "Not a damn thing, and I don't start that until after lunch."

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't think Manziel is good enough to play QB. The only reason to start him is because it's a lost season anyways and if he magically grows a few inches and learns to play QB at a pro level overnight then well, that's great. That's why they were going to start him, to lose and see if he can actually improve with play time, which he can't.

TheFrza

I'm surprisingly on the Brown's side with this. Dude obviously has issues and it's not like he's the savior or anything. He's just another NCAA star that can't make it in the NFL. He isn't the first, definitely won't be the last.

Bead is a bitch

Fuck the Titans!

Fuck the Raiders!!!

untitled-169soh4.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Realistically if Manziel had played for almost any other college team he'd have been a 7th round pick or UFA.

Bowser

Here's some panther's heat... DE Frank Alexander, already on IR, tested positive for steroids and will be suspended for 2016.

Suspended one year for substance abuse, not PEDs. He has already admitted he's relied on marijuana for pain management. It's his third positive test for weed. The NFL's rule against weed is dumb, but they're the rules, and it's a third violation, so he knew what he was risking.

squicken

Both a Titans player and an Eagles player said their fans suck. Titans guy said the fans don't make any noise and the Eagles guy said the fans just wait to boo and don't actually care about the team. Both of those seem accurate to me.

Titans obviously have a boring team, but the Eagles fans have been pretty quiet this year except when they boo. I've often thought that struggling teams are better off on the road, b/c a loud road crowd is better than a tense home crowd

Man God

Non-Canon Member
This is neat. Logan Ryan is PFF's 12th rated cornerback and Malcolm Butler is 14th. Darrelle Revis is 18th.

Malcolm Butler, despite only being known widely for that interception in the superbowl, has stone hands and has dropped like ten interceptions this season. If they weigh interceptions heavily, which they probably do, ranking Ryan above him makes a lot of sense.

Bread

Banned
Malcolm Butler, despite only being known widely for that interception in the superbowl, has stone hands and has dropped like ten interceptions this season. If they weigh interceptions heavily, which they probably do, ranking Ryan above him makes a lot of sense.
He definitely doesn't have stone hands, the fuck are you talking about

Colasante

Both have played really well this season. Interceptions are obviously ideal but Butler has an impressive amount of pass breakups, which are important too. Every touchdown Butler has given up has been by a matter of inches and he's consistently shadowing the opposing team's number one receiver while Ryan usually takes their second best.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Both have played really well this season. Interceptions are obviously ideal but Butler has an impressive amount of pass breakups, which are important too. Every touchdown Butler has given up has been by a matter of inches and he's consistently shadowing the opposing team's number one receiver while Ryan usually takes their second best.

I agree completely. I was as nervous as everyone else when they let Revis and Browner walked and yet its absolutely worked out for them in just about every possible way.

Line_HTX

Tom is Casshern.

;P

Godslay

Banned

Pretty impressive ranks, considering the stiff competition at QB that they've faced.

Going from Tebow to Jimbo.

That's a loooooooooong ass fall

Clausen seems like the guy that Suggs would have traded for a carton of cigarettes and made his bitch.

Why are people asking for Pettine to be fired? It's not his fault Johnny refuses to stay out of trouble. I'm going Steve Jobs thermonuclear war scorched earth gotdammit, on Browns fans because I FUCKING TOLD Y'ALL THIS DUDE IS NOT A STARTING QB.

^^ Apologies NFL GAF, but I'm mad as shit.

This is one of a laundry list of reasons why Mike Pettine should be fired.

He's just an absolute fucking garbage coach and just an asshole in general.

Having Flacco as the default starter on Sunday
Having Schaub as the default starter on Monday
Having Clausen as the default backup on Tuesday

The fucking hardest of falls

http://www.csnne.com/new-england-pa...ed-to-miss-much-time-for-new-england-patriots

Amendola Knee Sprain, "Not expected to miss extended time"

Dobson likely to miss Denver game this week:

Danny Amendola has a knee sprain that will limit him throughout the week. His availability for the game Sunday in Denver will be determined by how he responds to treatment and an increase in work load as the week progresses. He's not expected to miss an extended period of time.

As for Aaron Dobson, the prognosis is not final but he is expected to miss at least the Denver game, and perhaps more than that. As Jeff Howe of the Boston Herald reported, X-rays of Dobson's foot showed no broken bones, but the extent of any ligament damage will dictate how long he'll be down.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You can insult JFF the pro. But please don't embarrass yourself and talk bad about him as a student-athlete

I don't even care how well he did in college per se, I'm saying the reason the Browns and presumably the Cowboys were even thinking of drafting him high was because of who he played for. He does not have a pro skill set.

Top Bottom