• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 12 |OT| - A Fraud is Thankful

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I hope you're right.

Right now, the Broncos are looking like another bug squashed on the windshield of the undefeated Patriot Pain Train.

I don't know why, but until this weekend, I was thinking the game was in Foxborough. Home field, with a crowd behind a new QB, team is looking healthy vs. a hurtingPatriots team. things are set up right for an upset.

Going to be their toughest game of the year though.

🎵 This is my fight soooooooong
Take back my life soooooong
Prove I'm alright sooooong
My power's turned on
Starting right now I'll be strong
I'll play my fight song
And I don't really care if nobody else believes
'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me 🎵

- Me the second the season's over in January and it's offseason time

Wait they benched Manziel? I thought he got the start for the remainder of the year?

Got caught drinking the devil's juice.

I disagree, Teddy is the 2nd best, but it's close with Bortles. At this point I'd say...

Carr > Teddy > Bortles > Manziel > Mettenberger > Garoppolo > Tom Savage > AJ McCarron

Manziel and Metts ahead of Garoppolo only because we actually have footage of them playing in real games. If Garoppolo took the field in games/moments that mattered, I'd likely put him ahead of both.

So, top 3 QBs so far this year:

1. Tom
2. Cam
3. Carson

Dragon

Banned
I don't know why, but until this weekend, I was thinking the game was in Foxborough. Home field, with a crowd behind a new QB, team is looking healthy vs. a hurtingPatriots team. things are set up right for an upset.

The Broncos defense is going to feast on the Pats offensive line :/.

Dragon

Banned
Brady gonna die if they don't get that line straightened out...

I mean he'll just continue to have mediocre weeks like these past two. Then you'll see this Tom come out:

bradySTEAMINmad_medium.gif

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I think every QB who has started a game this season is clearly better than Maziel save for Jimmy Clausen.

Ryan mallet
Jimmy Clausen
Ej Manuel
Matt cassel
Brandon weeden
Mark Sanchez
Michael Vick
Landry Jones
Sam Bradford
Nick foles
Case keenum
Geno smith
Colin kaepernick

MechDX

The Browns have drafted four QBs in the first round since coming back into the league in '99. Tim Couch was the most successful of them.

Damn.

Godslay

Banned

Your optimism is endearing.

Every team has a punchers chance of winning on Sunday.

That being said:

Pats have #1 Offense
Pats have #1 Defense
HoF QB vs. 2nd start ever for Brock
Belichick wins 95% of the time against 1st year QBs
Amendola is fine, will probably play
White filled in fine for Whois
Mech said Wade's D kryptonite is Tom Brady's Offense
Belichick has Asperger's and is probably on Modanifil
Potential HoF TE
OL that is actually average by the numbers and better than Denver's
2 DBs that are ranked 12th and 14th according to PFF
Pass rusher second only to JJ Watt
Undefeated against decent teams this year
Defending NFL World Champions

What else am I missing?

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Bread dissing Hennessey?

Honorary black status revoked

Palmer's been better than Newton.

Not even trying to troll

Nothing against Newton he's been solid but palmer has been playing lights out. Brady has dropped off given the piling list of injuries, if anyone stole MVP it should be Carson.

Bread dissing Hennessey?

Honorary black status revoked

Palmer's been better than Newton.

Not even trying to troll

Put Cam in Arians offense with those WRs and he does better than Palmer is doing now.

Cam has the looks of a Super Bowl winning QB, Panthers got lucky with Luck staying in school.

That being said:

Pats have #1 Offense
Pats have #1 Defense
Potential HoF TE
2 DBs that are ranked 12th and 14th

What else am I missing?

Gronk is not a potential HoF TE. He's a first ballot HOF'er.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

That being said:

Pats have #1 Offense
Pats have #1 Defense
Potential HoF TE
2 DBs that are ranked 12th and 14th according to PFF

What else am I missing?

Lol uhh everything? Atrocious offensive line, unbelievably thin at WR given injuries, solid, but not spectacular defense. Nobody believes the patriots defense is even close to Denver's.

From roughly a year ago. I was right and wrong in the most hilarious ways. Can't even really say I called JFF's downfall because it was so fucking obvious from day one to anyone who wasn't invested in him. I'm looking at you, Kave and BG.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=137776528&postcount=3362

After last night's game, I went to sleep and had a dream. A vision, some might say, about the Cleveland Browns. I saw more continued and surprising success for this season behind the solid quarterback play of hometown Brian Hoyer.

Much of the country was pleased to watch the Browns win an abundantly mediocre AFC North, and then beat the Steelers in the first round playoff match up. Eventually, they fall to a superior Broncos team in the following playoff game, but that meant nothing. Football success was back and Cleveland, optimism was peaking, and the city was in love with the Browns.

Off season comes, and a difficult decision has to be made. Re-sign the quarterback who led the Browns back to success, or hand over the team to the hype monster Johnny Manziel? In the end, they let hometown hero Hoyer walk, after coaching and management minimize his role during the turnaround year.

It doesn't take long for them to realize their mistake, as Johnny Manziel looks like a combination of Tim Tebow and Jimmy Clausen on the field, and his inability to hold on to the football earns him the name "Johnny Fumble". Then comes the first of many off-field incidents. The Browns spiral downwards faster than Johnny Fumble on a bender, and the Browns don't sniff the playoffs the next year, nor .500. And it continues that way for year to come.

Meanwhile on the other side of Lake Erie, Brian Hoyer has found a new home quarterbacking the Bills. It turns out, a lot of that Cleveland turnaround was due to Hoyer. He experiences a Drew Brees-esque jump when he moves on to the Bills, who become the class of the AFC, winning several Superbowls. Eventually, a statue is erected in honor of Hoyer, who finally brings the championship to Buffalo.

Cleveland dubs the entire event.....

"The Mistake"

So playing around with NYT calculator confirmed what I suspected, Cowboys can afford to lose to the Panthers or Packers and still have a decent of winning the division at 8-8. 50% or so.

Dragon

Banned
The Browns have drafted four QBs in the first round since coming back into the league in '99. Tim Couch was the most successful of them.

Damn.

There are some serious misses in here...but the most puzzling one for me is the Wheeden one. I've never understood it.

Jameis Winston
Marcus Mariota

Blake Bortles
Johnny Manziel
Teddy Bridgewater

EJ Manuel

Andrew Luck
Robert Griffin
Ryan Tannehill
Brandon Wheeden

Cam Newton
Jake Locker
Blaine Gabbert
Christian Ponder

Sam Bradford
Tim Tebow

Matthew Stafford
Mark Sanchez
Josh Freeman

Matt Ryan
Joe Flacco

JaMarcus Russell
Brady Quinn

Vince Young
Matt Leinart
Jay Cutler

Alex Smith
Aaron Rodgers
Jason Campbell

Eli Manning
Philip Rivers
Ben Roethlisberger
J.P. Losman

Carson Palmer
Byron Leftwich
Kyle Boller
Rex Grossman

David Carr
Joey Harrington
Patrick Ramsay

Michael Vick

Chad Pennington

bold denotes the QB was drafted by the Browns
italics denotes the QB is no longer in the league

Godslay

Banned
Lol uhh everything? Atrocious offensive line, unbelievably thin at WR given injuries, solid, but not spectacular defense. Nobody believes the patriots defense is even close to Denver's.

Offensive line is ~15th in most categories. That's not atrocious, it's average.

Sounds like it will be Gronk, Amendola and LaFell. Sounds good enough to beat most teams.

Their D is #1 in PPG. Not to mention matching Denver in terms of sacks and pressures.

You were saying?

Name a successful NFL franchise that fires coaches every two years. Don't worry I'll wait.
This isn't a legitimate argument for keeping Pettine.

Browns need to find a solid coach and keep him. Absolutely agreed. The carousel has to stop at some point. But that doesn't mean we keep around an obviously garbage HC just because. He's supposedly a defensive-minded coach with plenty of talent on D, yet has consistently had an absolutely terrible defense. 30th in the league and showing absolutely no signs of improvement.

Take out the Manziel drama if you will and fire him for that horrendous garbage instead.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive

Sounds like it will be Gronk, Amendola and LaFell. Sounds good enough to beat most teams.

Their D is #1 in PPG. Not to mention matching Denver in terms of sacks and pressures.

You were saying?

LOL I would love to see you run a football team if you really think ware/miller isn't better than Jones/ninkovich. Their 2 starting CBS are elite as well. Gronk is keyed in on leaving amendola and lafell to take on top roles. As role players they're very good. Against top flight corners they will be shut down.

The o line is trash all you have to do is watch, I don't care what the stats say, lewis and edelman helped cover the flaws. Cannon was an embarrassment last night, and they rack up flags as well.

This unit would be absolutely sufficient if the line can hold up, but they can't.

Godslay

Banned
The giant, New England sized chip on their shoulder this season?

Ah yes, I forgot about the seething hate that Brady has for Rog and the giant fuck you he's putting on the league as revenge for DeflateGate.

Now we're cooking with fire.

LOL I would love to see you run a football team if you really think ware/miller isn't better than Jones/ninkovich. Their 2 starting CBS are elite as well. Gronk is keyed in on leaving amendola and lafell to take on top roles. As role players they're very good. Against top flight corners they will be shut down.

The o line is trash all you have to do is watch, I don't care what the stats say, lewis and edelman helped cover the flaws. Cannon was an embarrassment last night, and they rack up flags as well.

This unit would be absolutely sufficient if the line can hold up, but they can't.

I know you are pessimistic about the Pats pretty much every week. It's going to be okay, they're good.

Hunter S.

You were saying?
Sounds like you need to be drunk for this one , man.

It will be tough. The Packers also were the favorite. ;)

The whole "stop firing coaches" argument in favor of keeping Pettine would be much more compelling if a single former Browns coach ended up being a successful HC elsewhere.

But they never fucking do. Because they're all awful and never should have been head coaches in the first place.

The whole "stop firing coaches" argument in favor of keeping Pettine would be much more compelling if a single former Browns coach ended up being a successful HC elsewhere.

But they never fucking do. Because they're all awful and never should have been head coaches in the first place.

Could be worse. No Lions HC has ever even been hired as an HC elsewhere

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
That's not really something that's crossed my mind.

Probably retire from posting.

I love that you're playing this role as if the 8-2 broncos have a 0% chance to win this game. That way if they win you get to act all surprised and elated, but if they lose you can simply say "I knew it"

Top Bottom