• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 12 |OT| - A Fraud is Thankful

MechDX

My new playoff prediction:

86Wdl4Z.png

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
What two games would the Pats lose? The Jets and ____?

Seems plausible. I imagine the Vikings and Packers will be like the Lions and Packers last year.

Godslay

Banned
Winning a SB as a backup would be a better way to go out than trying to force it like he has been, he's done.

I would hope that he would embrace it.

There's a ton of football in that huge noggin, and if he can do what he did last night here on out? That's pretty valuable for a young guy like Brock. Good for PR as well.

eznark

Banned
Bring back Philbin!

More realistically, cross fingers, brace for more losses, and hope McCarthy's stubborn streak burns out in time for us to adjust for the playoffs.

Adjust how, though? Like, have McCarthy take over the playcalling? I have yet to find anyone who can tell me how that will be discernibly different.

Hunter S.

My new playoff prediction:

86Wdl4Z.png

Raiders play Chefs. Broncos, Chargers, and than the forlorn Packers, and finally chefs again. Hard to say. Chefs play Raiders, Chargers, Ravens, Browns and Taters again. I think the Raiders have the harder route to the playoffs really.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Today is a good day with the gronk news all but confirmed. Just glad his career won't be derailed, another blown ACL/MCL to that already reconstructed knee would've been tough to overcome. ALso hightower with the minor injury as well. On one hand the injury bug has hit the pats incredibly hard... on the other hand they've missed so many season enders by a hair, especially if Edelman hits his timetable.

Adjust how, though? Like, have McCarthy take over the playcalling? I have yet to find anyone who can tell me how that will be discernibly different.
Motion, shallow crosses, etc etc. Lots of wrinkles we don't use/abuse. In lieu of scheme, Montgomery helps with this, since you don't need much creativity to get a good matchup with him + Cobb out there at the same time.

The one factor that's tied to personnel is that the PA game needs a deep threat, and without Jordy it's not clear who that is. Janis maybe, otherwise you take your shots with JJ I guess.

McCarthy calling plays would help if only to give Rodgers more time at the los

brentech

I don't think it would be very different, but is there any word of McCarthy actually having an impact on the rest of the team in any way? I haven't seen anything.
If he is the reason the defense is playing (usually) better than the last few seasons, I'll take it. I just never understood the change to begin with.

When it comes down to it, execution is the problem. Only change can be personnel. Either put someone in that can catch and run the proper routes to light a fire under Adams, or just keep him on the bench.
Cobb is really struggling, but at a point I think he'll fix it. I don't know if Adams currently can fix his head, and that pisses me off because he has a lot of good qualities that just haven't shown at all this year.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Any news on Gronk's injury? It's too bad he went down he's almost as fun to watch as Eifert.

MechDX

Yep lot of crazy things have to happen but I also squeezed the Lions in just for Wienke
Gave the Broncos a tie just because
1BfFSds.png

Now we would have to Pray4Bread. Pip vs the Patriots.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I think they are waiting for MRI to confirm injury insignificant.

Thanks. I've been busy today so I haven't gotten a chance to watch Fox Sports 1 to find out more.

At least tonight my wife and I can catch up on some of our DVR'd shows because there is no way I'm watching rthe Monday Fuckball night dumpster fire.

Tom Penny

Today is a good day with the gronk news all but confirmed. Just glad his career won't be derailed, another blown ACL/MCL to that already reconstructed knee would've been tough to overcome. ALso hightower with the minor injury as well. On one hand the injury bug has hit the pats incredibly hard... on the other hand they've missed so many season enders by a hair, especially if Edelman hits his timetable.

Gronk gives them a chance. Without him there is basically none which we have already seen come playoff time. You can scheme your way around soft Colts teams but not real defenses.

Godslay

Banned
What?

You mean we are not going to take the Patriots word on what an injury is as truth or rely on the diagnosis of Dr. Gronk?

They seem to think it's nothing. MRI will confirm. I never trust the early reports after being let down by guys who seemed to be fine, only to find out that their knee is a bowl of spaghetti.

Lucky for Gronk is that the knee wasn't planted. So I'm guessing he'll be okay.

This is what I see happening

3QnYAo9.png

So much parity.

this_guy

Hopefully Gronk only misses 2 games (come back AFTER the Texans matchup). Always sad to see great players going down with injuries.

Line_HTX

Texans have to win that Bills game. Two loses in a row would be killer.

Somehow Hasselbald will beat the Steelers.

Just focus on the Bills and things will be okay. I kind of wish we weren't flexed into SNF lol.

Fucking hell, I hope Ben throws 500 against them.

What's amazing is that the Packers could easily miss the playoffs this year. Lions, Cardinals, Vikings could all be losses. Dallas is a joke, so that's a win at least. Raiders could go either way. Not the best way to end the season by any means.

eznark

Banned
What's amazing is that the Packers could easily miss the playoffs this year. Lions, Cardinals, Vikings could all be losses. Dallas is a joke, so that's a win at least. Raiders could go either way. Not the best way to end the season by any means.

They could also finish the season 11-5. Nothing would surprise me.

Top Bottom