• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 12 |OT| - A Fraud is Thankful

Zeke

Do Cowboys fans think that Romo needs to be replaced? He was playing at a very high level last season, and this season's injuries don't seem like age breakdown. Heck, Manning and Brady were still gunning it age 36 - 38.
Replaced no, future replacement yes. I think Romo has two solid years left in him. I don't know if he can make it thro a full season healthy that's the big issue. I don't think anyone questions his ability. It's time to find our next qb and start grooming him. There is a lot of chatter from fans wanting to grab a qb this draft. I'm not buying that crap tho looks like a weak class and I'd much rather take the best player available.

Replaced no, future replacement yes. I think Romo has two solid years left in him. I don't know if he can make it thro a full season healthy that's the big issue. I don't think anyone questions his ability. It's time to find our next qb and start grooming him. There is a lot of chatter from fans wanting to grab a qb this draft. I'm not buying that crap tho looks like a weak class and I'd much rather take the best player available.

Accept your Mallet future and groom his childishness out of him!

Would you say we're the luckiest team in the NFL?

Only if getting away with cheating counts as luck. I look at it more as collusion ;) If the chickens squeak into the playoffs by one game, that Detroit ending is going to be reaaal annoying.

Is this the most snooze-worthy MNF match up of the season thus far? I'd have to look back.

Farooq

Banned

Yea BPA is probably the smartest route. Although I could see them using a second on a development project like Carson Wentz. It's not like they have been hitting on second round picks for the past few years anyway.

Line_HTX

Only if getting away with cheating counts as luck. I look at it more as collusion ;) If the chickens squeak into the playoffs by one game, that Detroit ending is going to be reaaal annoying.

Is this the most snooze-worthy MNF match up of the season thus far? I'd have to look back.

Giants and Eagles, AKA the Star Wars game.

Giants and Eagles, AKA the Star Wars game.

That game was much more interesting going into it because neither team was considered as pathetic as these two and the division was/is wide open due to Dallas' injuries. It was early enough in the season that fans hadn't given up on Chip and Bustford yet either.

eznark

Banned
Who was the last successful mentored QB?

peyton-manning-brock-osweiler-nfl-miami-dolphins-denver-broncos-850x560.jpg

Farooq

Banned
That SNF delivery tracker that NBC uses. It is an amazing tool. I already posted Walsh's thoughts on QBs and how much a quick delivery matters to him.

I wonder if teams have similar tools for their scouting. I wish the NFL would add that to the combine broadcast and record release times as well.

Zeke

Yea BPA is probably the smartest route. Although I could see them using a second on a development project like Carson Wentz. It's not like they have been hitting on second round picks for the past few years anyway.
What do you think about taking a chance on RGIII? Wouldn't have to start him right away would give him time to learn. I'm not saying he's our next starter by any means just a project with low risk. The price would have to be right too.

One winning season at least with a playoff run.

What do you mean by mentored? Like, "sat behind the incumbent for at least one year to learn the offense before becoming the starter, then going on to at least one winning season?"

Or do you mean "had an experienced backup on the roster to provide guidance (i.e., a mentor)?"

Zeke

What kind of contract do you think Denver throws to Brock? Manning has to be gone after the season right? Peypey to the cowboys and manning bowl continues in the NFC East! Guaranteed primetime games right there.

Farooq

Banned
What do you think about taking a chance on RGIII? Wouldn't have to start him right away would give him time to learn. I'm not saying he's our next starter by any means just a project with low risk. The price would have to be right too.

Well, last season he was having trouble with dropback passing game and executing basic plays. His footwork wasn't great, he would be off balance and his drops weren't timed with the routes. He trouble processing the defense. Have targets open, and he is well protected but he wouldn't pull the trigger. There were times where he wouldn't even check down if his reads was unclear.

I don't know, I feel like you need to build an offense around RG3 for him to be successful. I don't think you can mold him into a pocket passer. If he is available, I guess that means Gruden is done trying to make him into a pocket passer. Can Garrett and Co do a better job developing him?

Godslay

Banned
What kind of contract do you think Denver throws to Brock? Manning has to be gone after the season right? Peypey to the cowboys and manning bowl continues in the NFC East! Guaranteed primetime games right there.

Too early to tell.

Can't really base the contract off of a couple games.

Manning likely retires imo.

jbug617

Banned
Gronk is going to be out for a little while. I think he comes back Week 16.

@AdamSchefter: Rob Gronkowski not expected to play Sun vs. Eagles, per sources. Likely to miss multiple weeks; return date will be a pain tolerance issue.

bionic77

Too bad Munn doesn't give a shit about sports.

The way she wields that stick I bet she could beat Rodgers back into a decent qb. Instead she is just focused on putting all the dicks of every producer of Hollywood into all of her lady parts until she is famous. Rodgers went from the best qb in da game to being an accessory for some no talent bitch when she is on the red carpet and a way to garner more attention for herself. Just to be touched by some hot chick in between the Hollywood gang bangs. Thats not how champions do it.

Brent would never have gone for that. :(

The way she wields that stick I bet she could beat Rodgers back into a decent qb. Instead she is just focused on putting all the dicks of every producer of Hollywood into all of her lady parts until she is famous. Rodgers went from the best qb in da game to being an accessory for some no talent bitch when she is on the red carpet and a way to garner more attention for herself. Just to be touched by some hot chick in between the Hollywood gang bangs. Thats not how champions do it.

If only he would pay attention to the lesson Tebow has been dishing out.

jnc

I keep wondering if the Cards Packers game will be flexed. Hell, even the last one against the Chickens has potential if they need that game to make the playoffs. Or can they only flex up to a certain week? I forget.

Zeke

Well, last season he was having trouble with dropback passing game and executing basic plays. His footwork wasn't great, he would be off balanced and his drops weren't timed with the routes. He trouble processing the defense. Have targets open, and he is well protected but he wouldn't pull the trigger. There were times where he wouldn't even check down if his reads was unclear.

I don't know, I feel like you need to build an offense around RG3 for him to be successful. I don't think you can mold him into a pocket passer. If he is available, I guess that means Gruden is done trying to make him into a pocket passer. Can Garrett and Co do a better job developing him?
That's been the biggest knock on him his mechanics are shit well that and him being lazy. I don't know if they can do better developing him but I'm sure they couldn't do worse. I'm willing to bet Garrett would put a play or two in the offense for him but wouldn't expect him to change the entire offense to suit him. I'm not ready to go back in qb hell again man :(

Telling you all, dating a high profile person as an athlete never turns out well. You either need to put a ring on it or date some commoner to avoid the curse. Rodgers and Wilson are casualties.

Greg

I love you, bionic.

Looked it up and you can be flexed from Week 5 all the way through the season. You have to be an afternoon game originally and both the Packer and Chicken games are.

jmdajr

Telling you all, dating a high profile person as an athlete never turns out well. You either need to put a ring on it or date some commoner to avoid the curse. Rodgers and Wilson are casualties.

They have rings.

edit: Also non famous girlfriend's can also kill ya. Literally.

Top Bottom