• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 13 |OT| - A Fraud Gorged on Thanksgiving

New rule: A team must be .500 to be eligible for the playoffs who says no?

The epic scramble to 8-8 in the AFC South and NFC East would be great.

Dennis K. Berman Verified account
‏@dkberman

It's confirmed. Your Super Bowl Halftime Act is:

COLDPLAY

image.php

Who the fuck is Coldplay?

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
Hello friend. Buy a bottle of Colonel E H Taylor Jr. If they have the Single Barrel, get that. If they don't, Small Batch will do just fine.

EH Taylor Jr single barrel is the best whiskey I've ever had, I think.
I wanted to try this, but they didn't have it, guy at the store said they haven't had it in months.

Laphroaig Quarter Cask

or

Aberfeldy 12

for Scotch
thanks for the recommendation.

I ended up getting yellow rose rye whiskey. Wanted to support a local distillery since its distilled here in Houston.

Also :jnc Captive Hackenburg?

jakncoke

Banned
I wanted to try this, but they didn't have it, guy at the store said they haven't had it in months.

thanks for the recommendation.

I ended up getting yellow rose rye whiskey. Wanted to support a local distillery since its distilled here in Houston.

your new qb, im sure the delivery knew that as well. and bought the jersey :)

captive

New rule: A team must be .500 to be eligible for the playoffs who says no?

The epic scramble to 8-8 in the AFC South and NFC East would be great.

except that two teams in the AFC South are above .500 and if the season ended today the AFCS would have two teams in. bitches.

eznark

Banned

Should have gone with the bourbon. The yellow rose Rye is made in Lawrenceburg, Indiana at MGP, Ingredients (same as most Rye's in the country...and many "craft" bourbons).

Actually, take a look at their label. They were supposed to update it last year to indicate that it is only bottled in Texas.

captive

Should have gone with the bourbon. The yellow rose Rye is made in Lawrenceburg, Indiana at MGP, Ingredients (same as most Rye's in the country...and many "craft" bourbons).

Actually, take a look at their label. They were supposed to update it last year to indicate that it is only bottled in Texas.

the bottle says "produced and bottled by yellow rose."
so what your saying is the rye is made by someone else and rebranded? But the bourbon isn't?

eznark

Banned
the bottle says "produced and bottled by yellow rose."
so what your saying is the rye is made by someone else and rebranded? But the bourbon isn't?

Rebranded isn't exactly the correct word. MGP is a massive distiller that makes the rye (and other spirits, mostly various whiskey), ships it to these "boutique" places who then add tiny bits so they can call it their own. Usually it's about 95% MGP product and 5% local product.

And yeah, I think Yellow Rose makes their own bourbon. Definitely not their own rye though.

MechDX

except that two teams in the AFC South are above .500 and if the season ended today the AFCS would have two teams in. bitches.

Something no one here notices. Dragon keeps proclaiming the AFCS trash yet when I point out two teams in the playoffs he says "so?".

If two AFCS teams make the playoffs what does that make the other divisions?

Striker

Not practicing has been RT Marshall Newhouse. If he can't go, they will likely use 6th rd pick Bobby Hart. I thought Hart looked solid last week in at RG but he would face a tough matchup with the Jets DL.

captive

Rebranded isn't exactly the correct word. MGP is a massive distiller that makes the rye (and other spirits, mostly various whiskey), ships it to these "boutique" places who then add tiny bits so they can call it their own. Usually it's about 95% MGP product and 5% local product.

And yeah, I think Yellow Rose makes their own bourbon. Definitely not their own rye though.

strange, I literally had the bourbon in my hand and then picked that one instead. May take it back.

I've heard of what your talking about, really is kind of annoying that these places are allowed to call it "small batch" or "single barrel" when it may not be, and its not even made by them. Even have bigger distillery's making their own "small" brands with the same reciples.

eznark

Banned
strange, I literally had the bourbon in my hand and then picked that one instead. May take it back.

I've heard of what your talking about, really is kind of annoying that these places are allowed to call it "small batch" or "single barrel" when it may not be, and its not even made by them. Even have bigger distillery's making their own "small" brands with the same reciples.

MGP is a great company though and their product is generally fucking awesome. It's not a bad thing by any means.

Interesting game tonight. GB is struggling but Rodgers is still Rodgers...gotta think they snap out of it eventually and what better team to victimize than the Lions. I've seen complaints about playcalling but honestly the bigger issue in their last loss to Detroit was Rodgers missing receivers and receivers dropping balls. Lacy has stopped eating out with Stafford lately so he looks good again, too.

I can't even seriously bring up playoffs. Yea we have a shot if we get to 9-7 but it requires a lot of help. Lions fans shouldn't get their hopes up. But I will say this: this year has been a disaster but imagine if we hadn't been fucked by the refs at Seattle. We could be 5-6, own the tiebreaker against Seattle, and be in far better position to make it.

If we go 7-9 or 8-8 you gotta think Caldwell returns (although I want him gone, still). I thought this team was dead after that KC blowout. There's no question Stafford looks better and now has the freedom to call protections, plus the o-line is better (shift from zone to power). But the offense only put up totals of 18 and 18 before that Eagles massacre. If the offense lights up GB tonight I'll start believing in Cooter.

MechDX

Oh looks like tonight's game is back on CBS.

Caught that today during the radio commercials. Kept saying NFLN and CBS. Thought they were just old spots but then they mentioned Lions and Packers.

Good. I don't have NFLN and I'm not buying some $30 sports package from Dish to get it. Why it isn't offered ala carte is beyond me.

I've started appreciating bourbons more lately and had a good bottle over Thanksgiving called Angel's Envy. Any of you boys try it? Like Summer in glass which is nice when you're out by a fire pit in December.

I've wanted to abolish the division rule for making the playoffs for a while now and just go with the top records. The great NFL rivalries haven't been a thing in years. Most of the players from those teams have moved on either to another roster or retired. I understand the appeal of trying to drive that division rivalry, it just hasn't been a thing. I'd rather see the top teams make the playoffs for some good football. You don't need the incentive to win your division when you have to be a top 6 team in the conference to make the playoffs. That's all the incentive you need. It's just pathetic when a team with a negative record gets in...

Top Bottom