• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 17 |OT| - A Fraud’s Road Ends

squicken

So...because they don't have a 53-man roster, no team has to let their scouts interview for jobs there?

Yeah a guy isn't the GM if he doesn't have control of the roster. So a team does not have to let CLE interview any of their personnel people since it would only be a lateral move. Teams can't block promotions, but they can block lateral moves

Godslay

Banned
I'm wondering if something behind the scenes is happening. It's no secret how much pull Manning has with his pr game. I wonder if Maybe he's pressuring them to play or maybe he's told them that this year is his last so they want to try and play him. Just a very odd situation. I don't know what they do about the qb situation moving forward. Broncos now have to win the super bowl with this move. I didn't think that was the case with Brock. I thought if Brock just was solid, and even lost the first game that would be something to build on. Now I have no idea what the hell the Broncos are going to do with Brock. Has to kill your confidence being benched like this the game before the playoffs. What happens if Manning is terrible his first game, but the Broncos win? Do they stick with Manning or go back to Brock? Just a bunch of very strange scenarios the Broncos might have to deal with. Oddly enough I think the Broncos with Manning now match up worse against the Pats. I saw Brock throw into some tight windows against the Pats already, and I don't think Manning can do the same.

I'm not making any assumptions about his health. Look at the throws he made today. All of them were ducks. He can't throw with any velocity. This isn't new. His arm has been declining for a while now. His mind wasn't the reason they won the game. The running game clicking was the key. He's not going to have the luxury of playing the chargers in the playoffs. Teams are going to be able to stop the run and force Manning to throw. The million dollar question is can he throw into tight coverage consistently with his declining arm. I'm inclined to believe he cannot given what I have seen out of him the last few years. Also, Manning is a guy who has come up really small in the playoffs over and over again. Now he doesn't have the arm strength as well. Broncos obviously playing with fire right now.It's super easy to see Manning go in Brock go out and say that Manning was the reason for the Broncos success, but it's not quite so black and white.

I get that Manning is a legend, and I've been behind him 100% for the last few years he's been in Denver. I'll be behind him for a playoff push, but after the end of last year and the start of this year, I've lost a ton of faith in him. Maybe he'll make me eat crow, but I don't expect much. It wouldn't surprise me to see them sit on the routes on force him to beat them downfield. It's what all the teams do to beat him anymore. Especially if they can't get the run game rolling.

At least with Brock teams had to respect that. Even if he doesn't have the experience that Manning does in terms of beating you presnap.

Two QBs on different arcs. Aging master without the physical skills, grasshopper with physical skills but little experience. Because of that, I think we are in the same spot, but without giving Brock any playoff experience which is a downer imo. I was fully prepared to lose in the playoffs, but move on and build with Brock.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I get that Manning is a legend, and I've been behind him 100% for the last few years he's been in Denver. I'll be behind him for a playoff push, but after the end of last year and the start of this year, I've lost a ton of faith in him. Maybe he'll make me eat crow, but I don't expect much. It wouldn't surprise me to see them sit on the routes on force him to beat them downfield. It's what all the teams do to beat him anymore. Especially if they can't get the run game rolling.

At least with Brock teams had to respect that. Even if he doesn't have the experience that Manning does in terms of beating you presnap.

Two QBs on different arcs. Aging master without the physical skills, grasshopper with physical skills but little experience. Because of that, I think we are in the same spot, but without giving Brock any playoff experience which is a downer imo. I was fully prepared to lose in the playoffs, but move on and build with Brock.

Either way, you guys are in the dance with home field advantage in a relatively weak AFC. All the Broncos have to do is win 3 in a row and your hoisting the Lombardi Trophy.

Mine as well ride it out with Manning and what will almost certainly be his last season.

Can't afford drops when you suck.

SB winning team had a bunch of them. Didn't matter, could just get 15 the next play.

e: Ground can't cause a fumble

CX14PAmWQAAh1Wb.jpg:large

#PrayForCleve

Goddamn, imagine being trolled by Brandon Fucking Weeden and HoHoHoyer

Your soul never recovers from something like that

Top Bottom