• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2015 Week 17 |OT| - A Fraud’s Road Ends

Draxal

He's already being pumped up in media circles for the Giants job. Lots of stuff from the beat writers saying its one of his most desired landing positions if he does try for another HC job.

Whiz was already fired wasn't he?

Ayup, brainfart on my part.

DMczaf

You know he was the GM too right?

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2015/12/28/chip-kelly-general-manager/

“Again, I’m not the general manager,” Kelly told reporters on Monday. “So I don’t run our personnel department, I don’t — I’m not in charge of scouting. I didn’t tell our scouts where they’re going. Ed Marynowitz does a great job with that. The only difference I was in control of the 53-man roster and now I’m in charge of the 90-man roster.

“My job has never changed,” Kelly continued. “So to say I’m the head coach and general manager — I’m not the general manager. I don’t do anything — I don’t negotiate contracts, I don’t do any of that stuff. I just have a say who’s on the 90-man roster as opposed to the 53-man roster. But once the season starts, I always had control of the 53-man roster, so that hasn’t changed at all nor has there been anymore time devoted to any of that because that’s not the way it’s set up here.”

94WIP’s Howard Eskin asked Kelly if he had final say on trades and free-agency.

“I have the say on 90-man roster, yes.”

“And that would be trades and free-agency?” Eskin reiterated.

“That’s the 90-man roster. Yes. I mean, isn’t it?” Kelly said. “You can say whatever you want. I have control of the 90-man roster.”

This guy...

MechDX

zW8iFtP.png

jbug617

Banned
The 76ers only won 2 games this year and the coach got an extension.

He's already being pumped up for the Giants job. Lots of stuff from the beat writers saying its one of his most desired landing positions if he does try for another HC job.

That makes sense. Who wouldn't want to work for the Mara family.

KingBroly

Banned
Dear Eagles fans,

As gratuity for getting your head coach fired, we Redskins fans accept cash, checks, 6 major credit cards and other various means of payment for your satisfaction.

- Hail the Redskins

P.S. - We offer this service to any and all teams looking to get their coach fired ;P

My guesses for the rest of the fired/leaving/retiring coaches after this season.

Mike Pettine (CLE)
Jason Garrett (DAL)
Jim Caldwell (DET)
Chuck Pagano (IND) Unless they somehow make the playoffs.
Sean Payton (NO)
Tom Coughlin (NYG)
Mike McCoy (SD)
Jim Tomsula (SF) Assuming they can find a better yes man.

None of the intern coaches will keep their HC spots.

gutshot

Oh well, we'll always have that 2013 season. DJax and Shady were so much fun to watch in Chip's system. Wish he would have put aside his ego to keep his most talented players.

JABEE

T6v8kQw.jpg

David Maialetti Verified account
‏@davidmaialetti
Eagles Chip Kelly heads out of the team's tunnel before his last game as head coach. #eagles #nfl

Pepiope

Well, we have the offense to run heavy. Now let's get a coach that utilizes Murray the way he was meant to be, yeah?

Unless Sean Payton is fired in NO. then all promises made are off

Hey if he wants to scorch the earth in Dallas and let Marinelli hit the market, I'm down. I'd take him as the Giants new defensive coordinator for whatever coach they decide to bring in to replace Coughlin.

Dragon

Banned
Well, we have the offense to run heavy. Now let's get a coach that utilizes Murray the way he was meant to be, yeah?

Honestly what makes you believe you have the personnel to do so? Because you have running backs? Look at what you're dealing with on the offensive line:

e7_FayyQpJumBfTxHaybxDcVlp3DmRnOfdMIJkhjUEM

FTF

Wow…not surprised he was fired, but a week before the end of the season, now that's somewhat surprising. I'm sure most eagles fans are happy though so I'm glad for them/eaglesgaf

Pepiope

Honestly what makes you believe you have the personnel to do so? Because you have running backs? Look at what you're dealing with on the offensive line:

https://photos-5.dropbox.com/t/2/AAA33INlLmS2fjP6wEgt13xwQuctR88drPFnz0Er1ozpsQ/12/344676/png/32x32/3/1451451600/0/2/Screenshot%202015-12-29%2019.57.14.png/ENj_OhiLx9nMAyAHKAc/e7_FayyQpJumBfTxHaybxDcVlp3DmRnOfdMIJkhjUEM?size_mode=3&size=1280x960[img][/QUOTE]
Oh, we don't. Chip was never going to get a line to suit the style of his now 3rd string RB though. That's the one thing I didn't like.

I just hope whoever comes in is fine with Bradford as the QB. Cause he needs to stay.

Kusagari

Ross is probably already making the calls to get Chip but I don't know if he'll be desperate enough to go to the Dolphins.

Gruden coming out of retirement to coach the Eagles.

Oh, we don't. Chip was never going to get a line to suit the style of his now 3rd string RB though. That's the one thing I didn't like.

I just hope whoever comes in is fine with Bradford as the QB. Cause he needs to stay.

Hell no.

Top Bottom